Pelicans Report

Thread: Temple to Raptors

Temple to Raptors

I am surprised. Good for him and also glad Pels will not be signing him back.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Good for him. Not quite sure how he keeps getting above minimum contracts but hey.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Raptors tanking?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    lol, why?

Thank God, he wont be back and wasting a roster spot.
    Not needed with Larry and CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Good for him. Not quite sure how he keeps getting above minimum contracts but hey.
    It's basically a 10 year minimum though....

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    It's basically a 10 year minimum though....
    Yeah I’m mainly referring 2 years before that and 2 years before that. He’s made something like 50 million in career earnings. For being mostly a backups backup. Like I said good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Yeah I’m mainly referring 2 years before that and 2 years before that. He’s made something like 50 million in career earnings. For being mostly a backups backup. Like I said good for him.
    That's the wild thing to me about the NBA. Obviously to even get in you have to be among the best basketball players on the planet (those stories of Scalabrine cooking everyone in a public gym come to mind, even guys who had played college), so there's no scrubs in the absolute sense. But guys even guys who are scrubs relative to the rest of the league can make great money and be set for life if they can just stick around at the end of benches for a decade or so.

Another example that comes to mind is Alex Len. This is his tenth season. Only ever played more than 1600 minutes in a season in his career once, hasn't played more than 1000 minutes since the 2018 season, has only average over 10ppg once in his career, and has only ever had a positive BPM one season of his career. He's made 41 million dollars. Even after taxes, if he's careful that's it. That's a good life.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's the wild thing to me about the NBA. Obviously to even get in you have to be among the best basketball players on the planet (those stories of Scalabrine cooking everyone in a public gym come to mind, even guys who had played college), so there's no scrubs in the absolute sense. But guys even guys who are scrubs relative to the rest of the league can make great money and be set for life if they can just stick around at the end of benches for a decade or so.

Another example that comes to mind is Alex Len. This is his tenth season. Only ever played more than 1600 minutes in a season in his career once, hasn't played more than 1000 minutes since the 2018 season, has only average over 10ppg once in his career, and has only ever had a positive BPM one season of his career. He's made 41 million dollars. Even after taxes, if he's careful that's it. That's a good life.
    Alex Len is like a basketball god compared to Temple. So glad he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Alex Len is like a basketball god compared to Temple. So glad he is gone.
    I'm not trying to say they're the same calibre of player. The point is just that if you can maintain an end-of-bench NBA career, being below average players (which Len is, even if it's not quite as bad as Temple), you can make absurd money regardless of contribution.

I'm not trying to say they're the same calibre of player. The point is just that if you can maintain an end-of-bench NBA career, being below average players (which Len is, even if it's not quite as bad as Temple), you can make absurd money regardless of contribution.

I think you missed the point. Since Temple has been on this team I have taken every opportunity to disparage his name, and the horrible trade for him and Sato. Let me get my one last stab in his back as he exits stage left for the Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I think you missed the point. Since Temple has been on this team I have taken every opportunity to disparage his name, and the horrible trade for him and Sato. Let me get my one last stab in his back as he exits stage left for the Pelicans.
    BUT............................................... .....................

Say what you will, he never quit on the team.

Thread Information