Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: General Offseason News

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Laugh all yal want. But I think not considering Jaxson Hayes for a larger role has been .... and will be.. a mistake. I think he hasn't played in the past cause he wasn't nearly the best big on our roster. But as a coach, one has to realize at some juncture that it isn't our year to win it all and play some of the guys with higher upsides that need further development, despite the fact that they aren't better than the others yet.
    I've seen Jaxson come in and be a game changer many times; given it was usually playing pf when this happened, but still. I'd like to see him retained
    His qualifying offer is $7.75MM; so, we ain't going there. The only way he sticks around is if he played for the league minimum which he probably can get from seven to ten other teams in the league. If Myles Turner leaves Indianapolis, that's where I can see him going on the cheap.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jaxson Hayes will definitely go down as a huge what if. He has so many qualities that would make him a great contributor, just lacking the bball IQ and instincts. Which is something that was known when he was drafted. Just a major fail on the player development side, of course having 3 different coaching staffs in his first 3 years is not a great recipe for developing a raw 19 year old prospect.

$110m dollars to keep Eric Gordon lmao
    Basketball.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Yeah. I love JV but question his fit at times. TBH, I' don't really love the fit of any of the names we could go after either. There just seems to be a major flaw to each fit. Meh.

Also, there's not a lot of sample size to go on with this but I liked the way we played the Nuggets when we had JV and Zion as a tandem last season and they are the team to beat currently. But we have to save money somewhere.
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

This is an updated Summer League roster for Pelicans: https://clutchpoints.com/nba-summer-...osters-tracker

New Orleans Pelicans
    Dyson Daniels ? New Orleans Pelicans [Pick No. 8 in 2022 NBA Draft]
    Jordan Hawkins ? UConn [Pick No. 14 in 2023 NBA Draft]
    Kamaka Hepa ? Hawaii
    Tevian Jones ? Southern Utah
    E.J. Liddell ? New Orleans Pelicans Two-Way Contract [Pick No. 41 in 2022 NBA Draft]
    Karlo Matkovic ? Cedevita Olimpija (Slovenia) [Pick No. 52 in 2022 NBA Draft]
    Landers Nolley II ? Cincinnati
    Liam Robbins ? Vanderbilt
    Dereon Seabron ? New Orleans Pelicans Two-Way Contract

Because rosters of other teams seemed incomplete, with less than 10 players in some cases, I am guessing this will be revised as the games get started next week. A new name on this list is Kamaka Hepa, from the University of Hawaii.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1674480908571664384
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1339383932224233472
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1674281528040525825
    Last edited by Lee2000; 06-29-2023 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Add content

Locking up Herb means some tax evading moves are coming. We can't afford to pay him his extension without cutting some cost elsewhere.

JV on the move?

Yeah, that.

nice to see some familiar faces still around here

Makes sense, neither are particularly worth investing in and if we need him, we can probably just pick Willy back up on a minimum when things have died down somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Locking up Herb means some tax evading moves are coming. We can't afford to pay him his extension without cutting some cost elsewhere.

JV on the move?
    They seem to be trying to move Kira. Not sure who would take him into space though.

it's gotta be kira going. i think they tried moving JV, but it's difficult to do when you need a playable center back too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see herb's deal come in at slightly less than the max arenas extension. but i wouldn't be that mad at the max i guess even though that's essentially valuing herb at 16 million a year because you lose out on the cheap team option year.

Hope Herb gets a nice number. His skill set can be very underappreciated by some fans. He deserves starter money.

Little surprised about Jax. Thought some GM would think they've got the midas touch and would accept him in a trade. Guess not.

Lakers letting go of Malik Beasley. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Makes sense, neither are particularly worth investing in and if we need him, we can probably just pick Willy back up on a minimum when things have died down somewhat.
    No way Willy comes back after this season. Too many other teams with title chances can give him the same money. Phoenix or Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    No way Willy comes back after this season. Too many other teams with title chances can give him the same money. Phoenix or Philly.
    The question is, which of those teams want him?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Are we really going to waste a roster spot on this guy YET AGAIN? CMON MAN!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Are we really going to waste a roster spot on this guy YET AGAIN? CMON MAN!
    It's just to see if they can work out a trade. He's not returning as a player to our team.

Suns will take anyone over 6'9'' with a pulse and close to a vet min salary. EuroMVP on the resume helps.

Are we going to finally go after Myles Turner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So by this time next week, JV, Jax, and Willy could all be gone. The only surviving bigs will be Larry and EJ.

Makes me really think they would have taken Lively at 14 if he would have been there.
    Last edited by luckyman; 06-30-2023 at 01:02 AM.

Thread Information