Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: General Offseason News

Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I think he would be the perfect fit for the Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's my guy, but you already knew that. The Paul trade should have signaled teams to line up. I hope Pelicans are one of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Jarrett Allen would be a huge get. I don't dare dream.
    I posted on another board:

Cavs Get: Jonas and Keldon Johnson
    Pels Get: Jarrett Allen
    Spurs Get: Okoro and Dyson

I'd trade Jonas to the Lakers for mo Bamba and 2 2nd rounders
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 06-27-2023 at 07:44 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    JV is so undervalued by this team. I wont be surprised at all if he is gone, but seems likely that his replacement will not be an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    JV is so undervalued by this team. I wont be surprised at all if he is gone, but seems likely that his replacement will not be an upgrade.
    JV's + asset(s) should be enough to get Jarrett Allen IMO, assuming the + assets solve their SF problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    JV's + asset(s) should be enough to get Jarrett Allen IMO, assuming the + assets solve their SF problem.
    They want that to be Trey and that's a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    They want that to be Trey and that's a no-go.
    Yea I could maybe live with Jonas + Herb for Allen but I'd still feel we overpaid. Murphy I value more than Herb, to me Murphy is untouchable because he can cover either Ingram or Zion if one goes down.

Yea I could maybe live with Jonas + Herb for Allen but I'd still feel we overpaid. Murphy I value more than Herb, to me Murphy is untouchable because he can cover either Ingram or Zion if one goes down.
    Yikes Herb and JV for Allen??? I would not like that at all

I wouldnt be overly thrilled either but being able to close out games with Allen on the floor is a massive upgrade over Nance and the reality is Cavs will want a Jones-level starting SF along with Jonas in order to move from Allen, if they have any motivation to do so in the first place. So either we keep Jones and a 3rd team gets involved to take our future firsts and Dyson or we have to bite the bullet on letting one of trey/Herb go.

I wouldnt be overly thrilled either but being able to close out games with Allen on the floor is a massive upgrade over Nance and the reality is Cavs will want a Jones-level starting SF along with Jonas in order to move from Allen, if they have any motivation to do so in the first place. So either we keep Jones and a 3rd team gets involved to take our future firsts and Dyson or we have to bite the bullet on letting one of trey/Herb go.
    The benefit of being able to close out games with Allen on the floor is negated by not being able to close out games with Herb on the floor. A lockdown wing defender is more important. Willie needs to get over himself and embrace Jonas as a Pelican.

The benefit of being able to close out games with Allen on the floor is negated by not being able to close out games with Herb on the floor. A lockdown wing defender is more important. Willie needs to get over himself and embrace Jonas as a Pelican.
    Love Jonas...can't stand the way Willie has played him. But, in a 'motion offense', JV will be a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. It would be like trying to make Rudy Jobert or Dwight Howard assist machines and asking them to stretch the floor. Neither are 'the Joker'. Even Hall of Famers, Shaq and Hakeem wouldn't cut it in this type of offense.

Agree. not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Love Jonas...can't stand the way Willie has played him. But, in a 'motion offense', JV will be a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. It would be like trying to make Rudy Jobert or Dwight Howard assist machines and asking them to stretch the floor. Neither are 'the Joker'. Even Hall of Famers, Shaq and Hakeem wouldn't cut it in this type of offense.
    Does Allen fit it though? He is a better rim protector and solid rebounder, but he is less of a perimeter threat than JV. Is he a better screen setter?

That's my guy, but you already knew that. The Paul trade should have signaled teams to line up. I hope Pelicans are one of those teams.
    Think he will get paid more than Pels would be willing to pay. Also, will create more of a logjam at the guard position.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Does Allen fit it though? He is a better rim protector and solid rebounder, but he is less of a perimeter threat than JV. Is he a better screen setter?
    I'm not an JA proponent, either. Would rather Olynyk or Eubanks in a motion offense

I'm not an JA proponent, either. Would rather Olynyk or Eubanks in a motion offense
    Eubanks seems like a low risk/low cost option.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Eubanks seems like a low risk/low cost option.
    Voila!! PF and AISI agree on something.

Bulls seem determined to tread water forever

NBA teams gotta become experts in a new CBA within the next 48 hours lmao

I'm curious do we do anything in FA? Or is the only move we make is trying to replace JV?

I don’t think Green is high on him if last season is any indication so maybe we need to get a more mobile guy. FWIW I agree that Jonas is a really good player and hasn’t been utilized properly. It may not be an upgrade per say but an upgrade for what Willie wants to build.

Laugh all yal want. But I think not considering Jaxson Hayes for a larger role has been .... and will be.. a mistake. I think he hasn't played in the past cause he wasn't nearly the best big on our roster. But as a coach, one has to realize at some juncture that it isn't our year to win it all and play some of the guys with higher upsides that need further development, despite the fact that they aren't better than the others yet.
    I've seen Jaxson come in and be a game changer many times; given it was usually playing pf when this happened, but still. I'd like to see him retained

Thread Information