Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: General Offseason News

Not unless he's learned to face the basket when he's shooting.

What's y'all thoughts on the new rule changes for resting stars?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markid View Post

Good luck enforcing it. It's impossible. All they have to do is say he has an injury and is resting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Good luck enforcing it. It's impossible. All they have to do is say he has an injury and is resting it.
    Independent league doctors.

Training camp starts in 2 weeks. Time flies.

I....I don't want it
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by markid View Post

From a fan standpoint it makes sense. Really we should be trying to limit minutes as opposed to limiting games anyways.

Jose got hurt and is questionable for the start of training camp. It is what it is.

This franchise is just so damn consistent.

It's a great quality to have really.

Who is the next one? Zion or Ingram?
    Or both?

55.4% from 3 on over 120 attempts is fairly promising. Guess Kaiser was on a roll.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

55.4% from 3 on over 120 attempts is fairly promising. Guess Kaiser was on a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

That's great....Bring him in on the cheap for a test drive. Might end up being a band-aid for the team while 3m3 is on the mend. But, it all honesty, I've never heard of him until now.

NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Pelicans will have their Media Day event for the 2023-24 season on Oct. 2. The highly anticipated event marks the beginning of the new basketball season. New Orleans will open its training camp in preparation for the preseason tipoff against the Orlando Magic on Oct. 10. The players' health and fitness will be a central topic of discussion.

"I can tell you Zion Williamson has been in our gym more than he has in his entire career in the offseason," Griffin said, speaking at the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation Quarterback Club luncheon. "He has been in New Orleans virtually all offseason, which is different."

Zion, Brandon Ingram, and CJ McCollum are scheduled to attend the Pelicans players' media availability session at 11:00 AM CT. Executive management will handle announcements regarding the health of Trey Murphy III, Jose Alvarado, and other players. Both players suffered injuries during private workouts and expect to miss multiple weeks at the start of the new season.

General manager Trajan Langdon and head coach Willie Green will join David Griffin at the podium at 10 AM CT. Hopefully, the third-year coach will discuss bringing the Pelicans guiding the Pelicans to another playoff appearance. New Orleans opens training camp on Oct. 3. The regular season for New Orleans begins on the road against the Memphis Grizzlies on Oct. 25.
    https://www.si.com/nba/pelicans/bask...what-to-expect

Jrue legit just talked about how he wanted to stay in Milwaukee the rest of his career. It's tough out there. Still glad he got that ring though.

But that's a lot of the hanging threads of the offseason wrapped up together. Where does Lillard go, what do the Suns do with Ayton, how are the Blazers going to retool for the future, can the Suns add any depth at all, what will the Bucks do to try and ease Giannis tensions? All wrapped up pretty neatly.

Can the Pels trade for Jrue??? I think he’d be a great addition again.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Why not? CJ, LNJ, and a # 1 for Jrue. It certainly would make heads spin. Everybody gets to re-live the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    We certainly could, though I'm sceptical that we would.

I'd be open to swapping McCollum for him though. Huge defensive upgrade (even though Jrue's defense has declined a little) and if his 3pt shooting stays at Milwaukee levels (shot 39.5% on over 1000 attempts in his 3 seasons there) the perimeter shooting wouldn't take too much of a hit. And that's without getting to the fact that it's Jrue.

Contract is a concern though, he's got a player option coming up and might be after a huge extension.

Things to think about.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Beautiful

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    How do y'all feel about the Suns without Ayton? I feel like Portland and Phoenix both just dropped clearly beneath us if healthy (not that the Blazers were above us before).
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    How do y'all feel about the Suns without Ayton? I feel like Portland and Phoenix both just dropped clearly beneath us if healthy (not that the Blazers were above us before).
    Yeah I think a team with Durant, Booker, and Beal is clearly worse than a team with 25 game Zion, 50 game Ingram, an over the hill defensive turnstile CJ, and a cast of role players who can?t make it through the offseason healthy.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 09-27-2023 at 10:46 PM.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Like. The Suns might push for regular season Champs but once it hits the playoffs...they're going to get destroyed by Jokic or Zion/JV. I absolutely love our chances being able to slow down their big 3 vs them having to roll our Nurkic and Bol Bol to stop our beefybois.

Now, they have a long time left to make more moves but as of now, I could see Portland taking the Suns in a seven game series due to match-up nightmares and I think we beat both handily...IF HEALTHY. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I think that their defense is going to be hilariously poor

Thread Information