Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: General Offseason News

Basketball.

So he signs a camp deal, but wont participate in camp? Then what's the purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    So he signs a camp deal, but wont participate in camp? Then what's the purpose?
    Yeah that makes no sense, but if signing the camp deal means he'll be available for preseason games, then they'll be able to get a look at him. He'll miss camp time with the team but he should see the floor with them I'm guessing.

Most likely for the gleague team. I think we get first dibs on him if he was signed and waived by the team

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Most likely for the gleague team. I think we get first dibs on him if he was signed and waived by the team
    Is that how it works? Or maybe we gave him an Exhibit 10 contract which ensures him more money.

Jrue traded to Boston

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markid View Post
    Jrue traded to Boston
    Sounds like Brogdon is being moved from Portland. I would still love to see him on this roster.

I'd love to see Robert Williams III even more.

This is the haven of injured players anyway. Perfect fit in every way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Sounds like Brogdon is being moved from Portland. I would still love to see him on this roster.
    Not with his contract. Where does he fit at $22.5 million per year?

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not with his contract. Where does he fit at $22.5 million per year?
    I know you're right, but don't crush my dreams.

Where are all the "kick the tires" folks at? This place has gotten so dead even all them are gone too?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Where are all the "kick the tires" folks at? This place has gotten so dead even all them are gone too?

Hey, this summer has been a rough one, even I've barely posted.

Rest assured though, tomorrow the Pelicans are back in some form and the threads will roll.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m locked in. Got my league pass ready. Excited to see Kira play. Out of all the ppl, Kira seems to have gotten a lot of praise. Trey spoke on him in his latest interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I’m locked in. Got my league pass ready. Excited to see Kira play. Out of all the ppl, Kira seems to have gotten a lot of praise. Trey spoke on him in his latest interview.
    Heard a lot of talk about Kira. It'll be interesting to see. I liked him coming out of college, even if I would have preferred Maxey most of the year, but between very sub-par results in the NBA when he has played and major injury, I'm coming close to the end of my tether with him. Hope he can show up big time this year, fully recovered and integrated with a training camp, and show the potential he had before. He's still young.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Doesn't he have drug problems? A fringe NBA player demanding a trade?

Yes. A complete and total mess probably in need of therapy.

Jaxson Hayes but even edgier.

Yes, but if he can't win you over with the #GOATLIFE then I don't know what more you could want?

Milwaukee just waived Drew Timme. On a team that sports the Lopez Bros (Brooks and Robin) the Antetokounmpo Bros (Giannis and Thanasis), Bobby Portis and Jae Crowder, Milwaukee (a win now contender) was never going to work out for the Gonzaga three-time All American. While he wouldn't necessarily move the needle in New Orleans, I would love to kick the tires, especially if the Pelicans do intend to move on from JV. Timme proved to an accomplished high post facilitator in college who spread the court in college and shot the ball at a 60% clip on volume. He may turn out to be another Tyler Hansbrough or, better yet, poor man's Domantas Sabonis (another Gonzaga product)

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    This place is starting to come back, we now have our first "kick the tires" that Luckyman wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Milwaukee just waived Drew Timme. On a team that sports the Lopez Bros (Brooks and Robin) the Antetokounmpo Bros (Giannis and Thanasis), Bobby Portis and Jae Crowder, Milwaukee (a win now contender) was never going to work out for the Gonzaga three-time All American. While he wouldn't necessarily move the needle in New Orleans, I would love to kick the tires, especially if the Pelicans do intend to move on from JV. Timme proved to an accomplished high post facilitator in college who spread the court in college and shot the ball at a 60% clip on volume. He may turn out to be another Tyler Hansbrough or, better yet, poor man's Domantas Sabonis (another Gonzaga product)
    Not sure Timme ever develops into an NBA player, but would like to get him on an Ex10 contract with the Squadron and see what he can do. I love his effort.

No Steven Adams this year for Memphis. Who has been a menace in the paint everytime he plays the Pelicans.

Memphis Grizzlies center Steven Adams will not play this season as he needs to undergo surgery on the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, the team announced Sunday.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ry-miss-season

**Also no Brandon Clarke for a while. Pels better win this game while the Grizz are impersonating the Pelicans.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-22-2023 at 03:21 PM.

Could you guys imagine what would've happened in here if we did trade for Scoot...he has been so bad so far and his shooting looks worse than projected and the talk about him having Ja, Rose,Westbrook type athleticism is nowhere to be found. Of course he can get better as it's still early, but the struggles he is on is a bit shocking with the type of hype he had coming in.

Thread Information