.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 154

Thread: Pelicans vs Warriors game thread

  1. #101
    Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    4,606
    Most plausible cause for the collapse: all great things happen to NOLA on 3-28. So we were whipping ***. Atlanta is EST and as the calendar turned to 3-29 there, the mojo wore off.
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

    BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

  2. #102
    Honestly feel 6 and 8 spot is the best scenarios for us and I really feel Denver will be the easiest to beat come playoff time

  3. #103
    Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Carrollton
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It never is with the fans that been here since 2002 and are ok with one playoff appearance a decade. Some of us want a winner and a team that doesn?t always lose these games. It?s never a tragedy until they are on their couch for round one.
    I haven't been okay with that, but I believe we're on the right track and I'm not stupid enough to think we can all just snap our fingers and demand a championship-caliber team that can win in these circumstances against one of the best dynasties in NBA history. Again, have a freaking OUNCE of perspective dude. Take a breath.

    The minute we lose, you want to trash anyone and everyone associated with the franchise in any way. It's beyond ridiculous.

  4. #104
    Only thing is who there isn’t too many real guards now in the league ,I would give all our picks up for Damien lillard who in fact should’ve been here on draft night

  5. #105
    Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    Man you are like that little kid in that movie A League Of Ther Own, always annoyingly saying " Your Gonna lose , Your Gonna Lose
    Glad to see you’re still here! Most ppl that can quote league of their own are picking dentures up out of their tomato soup.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    I like the fact draymond talking a lil crap at the end I think that?ll bring some fire out of the team ?..Hopefully Zion can get his but on the court and bring that intensity he can make this team a true competitor I would love to see him body draymond
    Not sure Draymond can add more fire than "MUST WIN TO SAVE SEASON"

  7. #107
    Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I haven't been okay with that, but I believe we're on the right track and I'm not stupid enough to think we can all just snap our fingers and demand a championship-caliber team that can win in these circumstances against one of the best dynasties in NBA history. Again, have a freaking OUNCE of perspective dude. Take a breath.

    The minute we lose, you want to trash anyone and everyone associated with the franchise in any way. It's beyond ridiculous.
    If my calculations are correct that’s 38 times this season. That should have been enough to cover everyone in the organization. If I missed anyone, please let me know sir positive outlook himself.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Only thing is who there isn’t too many real guards now in the league ,I would give all our picks up for Damien lillard who in fact should’ve been here on draft night
    We don't need a star...just a table setter like Rondo was when the Pelicans swept Portland. I wouldn't want Dame on this team. There are only so many shots in 48 minute game.

  9. #109
    Do you realize it was a must win for both teams we did not fall to spot 11 we still have games to go it’s not the end…..
    I’m sure when the suns talked smack after knocking us out in the playoffs it carried over into this season with more fire from our guys …I expect the same thing; whenever herb gets involved it’s smoke I still believe in our squad not gonna let a loss to a 4 time championship team make me waiver …. Remember what they did to the Celtics last year who are a better team than us. They are the patriots of basketball can’t even get mad/ be surprised losing to them

  10. #110
    I can agree with that but we take about 10 shots we shouldn?t that I would love dame to take
    He?s a deadeye 3 pt shooter giving z and bi more space
    He utilizes his big men
    He?s clutch
    Not afraid to attack the paint
    A true leader

    And their isn?t a rondo in the league right now and I?m a big fan of his game

  11. #111
    Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Carrollton
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    If my calculations are correct that’s 38 times this season. That should have been enough to cover everyone in the organization. If I missed anyone, please let me know sir positive outlook himself.
    I so look forward to your continued parade of doomsday misery and utter lack of anything close to perspective. SO much better than daring to have a little optimism.

    You're a fan and you follow the team, so props to you for that. I just hope I never sit next to you in the Arena. Thankfully it seems my season tix aren't near your cone of despair.

  12. #112
    If you?re going to be preaching about rebounds on the sidelines during a timeout, you cannot have your best rebounder on the bench and worst rebounder leading the team. Even camping Klay had more rebounds than CJ. Practice what you preach


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    I can agree with that but we take about 10 shots we shouldn?t that I would love dame to take
    He?s a deadeye 3 pt shooter giving z and bi more space
    He utilizes his big men
    He?s clutch
    Not afraid to attack the paint
    A true leader

    And their isn?t a rondo in the league right now and I?m a big fan of his game
    I wouldn't mind Rubio or DiVincenzo. Now I'll give you one who most would hate:

    Ben Simmons.

    He doesn't need to shoot and would be an unbelievable complement to Herb at Guard defensively. Plus, he can play all five positions. The salary scares me, but CJ and fill should work. Brooklyn isn't getting anything out of him. The drawback is that we already have one guy who can't get on the court. We'd have to do our homework about his health before making such a deal.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-29-2023 at 12:44 AM.

  14. #114
    Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I so look forward to your continued parade of doomsday misery and utter lack of anything close to perspective. SO much better than daring to have a little optimism.

    You're a fan and you follow the team, so props to you for that. I just hope I never sit next to you in the Arena. Thankfully it seems my season tix aren't near your cone of despair.
    Bro my perspective is clearly different than yours. You aren’t just having a little optimism. You are irrationally optimistic. You find excuses that I just don’t give them. The Pels have a lot of fans that always give them the excuses they want in order to be mediocre. You are one of them and a season ticket holder at that. They will never become consistent winners if the season ticket holders don’t hold them accountable.

    Since the people at the games wear their Pels report name tag.

  15. #115
    Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I wouldn't mind Rubio or DiVincenzo. Now I'll give you one who most would hate:

    Ben Simmons.

    He doesn't need to shoot and would be an unbelievable complement to Herb at Guard defensively. Plus, he can play all five positions. The salary scares me, but CJ and fill should work. Brooklyn isn't getting anything out of him. The drawback is that we already have one guy who can't get on the court. We'd have to do our homework about his health before making such a deal.
    I really wonder where Simmons head space is. I wouldn’t mind adding him if he is fully healthy.

  16. #116
    Had this one as a scheduled loss. On to Denver.

  17. #117
    People will dog Simmons just off his lack of confidence on offense but I liked him for us at one point too

  18. #118
    Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,096
    Blew a 20 point lead to a team that’s talking ********. Wish they had a little more testes sometimes.

  19. #119
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    23,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Pelican View Post
    These refs knew that was an ejectable offense and they cowered out. How do you kick a player in the head twice after the play all while running your mouth and not get told to exit the arena. I wished Zion would come off the bench and finish his ******.
    Unbelievable to me how he gets away with the dirty trash he gets away with (as well as much more leeway in yelling and degrading the refs). The NBA needs a true commissioner/leader to fix what is getting out of control in the NBA. There should be no place for thugs like Green and Brooks.

  20. #120
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    23,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Blew a 20 point lead to a team that’s talking ********. Wish they had a little more testes sometimes.
    Lost to a great home team with an all world player that got red hot. Curry is on another level when he gets going. Very frustrating, There was no stopping him.

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Unbelievable to me how he gets away with the dirty trash he gets away with (as well as much more leeway in yelling and degrading the refs). The NBA needs a true commissioner/leader to fix what is getting out of control in the NBA. There should be no place for thugs like Green and Brooks.
    .....or Vince McMahon.

  22. #122
    Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Carrollton
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Lost to a great home team with an all world player that got red hot. Curry is on another level when he gets going. Very frustrating, There was no stopping him.

    Stop being such an IRRATIONAL OPTIMIST! There is no excuse for any loss whatsoever and any explanation for a loss is obviously just an EXCUSE!

    Forget, you know, common sense.

  23. #123
    Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Carrollton
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Bro my perspective is clearly different than yours. You aren’t just having a little optimism. You are irrationally optimistic. You find excuses that I just don’t give them. The Pels have a lot of fans that always give them the excuses they want in order to be mediocre. You are one of them and a season ticket holder at that. They will never become consistent winners if the season ticket holders don’t hold them accountable.

    Since the people at the games wear their Pels report name tag.

    This is utter nonsense like 90% of your posts, but you continue to do you, "bro."

    And yeah, I'm pretty sure you're nowhere near my seats because I would know if I sat next to a massive swirling black hole of negativity. Unless you keep it all bottled up inside like a good little forum troll. In which case, I'm glad you at least have an outlet for all that toxicity.
    Last edited by neworleanshoo; 03-29-2023 at 10:27 AM.

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    I like the fact draymond talking a lil crap at the end I think that?ll bring some fire out of the team ?..Hopefully Zion can get his but on the court and bring that intensity he can make this team a true competitor I would love to see him body draymond
    I've been waiting to see that. But damn near EVERYTIME they play the Warriors, somebody's in street clothes. smdh

  25. #125
    The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    By the Warriors. Playing lights out in a game they had to win, on their home court, drilling shot after shot - without Zion, on the 2nd night of back-to-back. We played fantastic but couldn't hold on, and yeah, they bullied us in the end. But you're crying like it was a pathetic effort and it wasn't. The only thing pathetic is failing to recognize this was NOT the tragedy you're claiming it was.
    Thank You! The other pathetic thing of note is the effort it took for the refs to allow Draymond to get away with everything he got away with, especially the intentional kicks to Herb's HEAD. Unreal!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •