Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Deep down I like you, but you do say some awful stuff

Happy New Year
    I feel exactly the same about you.

Cheers!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Sure, if you are 5'11" (a stretch).

Aren't you the one who said "Kira is not big, not even for a point guard." If you didn't, i certainly stand corrected. SMH!!
    Kira and Jose are both small. You asserted that Kira is a better defender because "size matters", then went on to list small guards who play well in the NBA. It just doesn't make any sense.

Haha nice

Funny!!! A page full of nonsense only because I'd like to see Kira play and think he will be part of the foundation of the team. LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Kira and Jose are both small. You asserted that Kira is a better defender because "size matters", then went on to list small guards who play well in the NBA. It just doesn't make any sense.
    Kira is 6'3 which is Dame and Steph height

The difference is that Kira doesn't Basketball well much at all

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Embiid is now Questionable with low back soreness.

So You say that there is a chance ?
    This is the only chance. Sucks you have to play a team so soon after they were basically humiliated by Zion just a few days ago. Emotion will be on their side.

But without Embiid that might not matter.

Regardless, hopefully this is the end of the "it's not turf toe" era for Brandon Ingram and the season can really really start.

**humiliated by CJ
    Last edited by luckyman; 01-02-2023 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Kira is 6'3 which is Dame and Steph height

The difference is that Kira doesn't Basketball well much at all
    Coming into this year he has played exactly 78 NBA games and you don't think he plays basketball up to Dame or Steph's level? If those two are the benchmark, you are right.....FOR NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Funny!!! A page full of nonsense only because I'd like to see Kira play and think he will be part of the foundation of the team. LMAO!!
    Im not opposed to seeing Kira get minutes. I would prefer them to be Graham's minutes. But the idea that Jose is a liability on defense is something I have heard from other people as well and I don't get that at all. It seems like people just assume that to be the case because of his size, but he is a major pest. Not only does he hold his own defensively but his tenacity raises the level of play from his teammates and gets under the skin of opponents. He was ACC Defensive Player of the Year in 2021. He is actually good on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Im not opposed to seeing Kira get minutes. I would prefer them to be Graham's minutes. But the idea that Jose is a liability on defense is something I have heard from other people as well and I don't get that at all. It seems like people just assume that to be the case because of his size, but he is a major pest. Not only does he hold his own defensively but his tenacity raises the level of play from his teammates and gets under the skin of opponents. He was ACC Defensive Player of the Year in 2021. He is actually good on defense.
    .....and he was undrafted after 4 years of college ball. Meanwhile, Kira was a lottery pick who tore up a knee in his second year (opening up a spot on the roster for the undrafted Jose') and some casually want to write Kira off. SMH!!!

And before you accuse me of hating on Jose', I don't. I just see more upside in Kira.

Herb on offense is not bad when he catches the ball and immediately breaks hard to the basket

Jaxson hayes running the floor!

It kind of sucks that Maxey broke a bone in his foot and missed less game than BI from his toe contusion

Hernangomez just got a couple rebounds and a put back over Embiid. I like the dual big man thing

What a disastrous close to the quarter. 10 poin run to Philly in about 90 seconds.
    Basketball.

Philly has 16 points off of Pels turnovers in the first quarter.

Basketball Guru
    please stop rotating off of #20...team should know he shoot 3s....

Jose has been ice cold from three for weeks now

Another missed lob!! They need to drill the f out of that

Zion with 10 points in the final 3 minutes there to rescue what was becoming a pretty major deficit.

Crucial late shot from CJ also

Zion's doing the thing again

Basketball Guru
    is embiid playing illegal defense?...jonas is at the 3pt line and embiid is in the paint waiting for zion to give help defense...

We have 20 points this quarter.

Zion has scored or assisted on 18 of them.

Someone else is going to have to start doing something.

Basketball Guru
    good play zion...get the ball to billy because embiid is just leaving him open and just standing in the circle guarding no one smh...

Basketball Guru
    missing to many open 3s...make some and we are winning..

3 point deficit going into the final quarter. If the team can win these non-Zion minutes, that would be huge

Thread Information