Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: December 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 23-12

Minus the 1st time we played them Steven Adams becomes a monster when he plays us while Val seems to always struggle against his former team.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Don't fall for this. He's a well established troll that's been banned on here before.
    What do you provide of value here?

Be honest

What would any other poster say about you that's nice?

Yeah I've been banned for swearing, but that speaks to passion and emotion more than anything else
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-01-2023 at 12:40 AM.

With all the fighting in this message board you would think that the team is playing like a lottery team...

Pelicans players: One of the best team chemistry out there.

Pelicans fans: acting like its Twilight with team Edward/Zion vs Team Jacob/BI

I've been consistently posting here for years and years, through all the dark days. I could easily necro bump the threads

I could pull up threads where it's just me and Pelicandae posting exclusively, even though we were losing horribly. We are the OGs

Now we have a bit of success, they all come out of the woodwork

Really grinds your gears
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-01-2023 at 12:54 AM.

I don't like you luckyman. I think you are arrogant, condescending, ignorant and you feel like you are the smartest man in the room at all times

I know you don't like me, so the feeling is mutual

Happy New Year y'all
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-01-2023 at 01:06 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I just had to lol at someone starting to do anything in 2017 thinking they’re an OG. Continue on.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I've been consistently posting here for years and years, through all the dark days. I could easily necro bump the threads

I could pull up threads where it's just me and Pelicandae posting exclusively, even though we were losing horribly. We are the OGs

Really grinds your gears
    Speaking of woodwork, the Austrailian horror movie Wyrmwood is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I just had to lol at someone starting to do anything in 2017 thinking they’re an OG. Continue on.
    There are people on this board who will consider you a noob unless you were physically attending Jazz games in 1970, as if that team had literally anything to do with this team. Let's not be gatekeeping.

Plus, frankly, caring who is or isn't an ''OG'' is very silly behaviour.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    There are people on this board who will consider you a noob unless you were physically attending Jazz games in 1970, as if that team had literally anything to do with this team. Let's not be gatekeeping.

Plus, frankly, caring who is or isn't an ''OG'' is very silly behaviour.
    Kind of off topic but it’s crazy to see that some posters have join dates pushing 20 years now. Time flies.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Kind of off topic but it’s crazy to see that some posters have join dates pushing 20 years now. Time flies.
    Thanks for the Existential crisis.

Really grinds your gears
    I'm the orginal Australian OG brother. Been here since 2010. 7 years before you lol.

All-Star
    I’m the OG Aussie

The only OG i want is Anunoby

This just in

Turf toe is worse than a complete achillies rupture

I mean, Durant had a shorter recovery time than BI, who is now AD levels of glass man bad
    They've made it clear on multiple occasions that its NOT a turf toe type of injury.

Is there a way that posters can go to another thread to measure their equipment size against each other? I'd really like to read about basketball on the game threads.

Team looked tired, with many short shots and slow rotations by multiple players (Zion, JV, Herb, Billy). Understandable given the schedule, but was hoping for better given the depth we have been using. If we have to play B2B games on the road, I'd prefer to do so outside of our division. Luckily, it won't be an issue in the playoffs.

It looks like the new go-to defense on Zion is a medium-sized dude with quickness playing him up front with a big or two providing back-up near the rim. Last night Zion tried to dribble through his man more often than making early passes out of the double-team. CJ also had multiple uncharacteristic turnovers. It looked like the fatigue was mental even more than physical for those two.

I really missed Larry Nance in this game, and haven't noticed any update on him. Any word?

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Minus the 1st time we played them Steven Adams becomes a monster when he plays us while Val seems to always struggle against his former team.
    Yeah he matches up well against JV. And they hold up decently against Zion as well. To beat them we need a good showing from our perimeter guys, especially CJ and BI

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Yeah he matches up well against JV. And they hold up decently against Zion as well. To beat them we need a good showing from our perimeter guys, especially CJ and BI
    I just believe they blew their wad against Philly the night before. Team played decently but had no energy past the halfway mark of the 3rd qtr. We could never get over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    I just believe they blew their wad against Philly the night before. Team played decently but had no energy past the halfway mark of the 3rd qtr. We could never get over the hump.
    It wasn't just that. They are still talented enough to beat half the teams in the league on a road b2b.

Unfortunately fully healthy Memphis and next week, Dallas, aren't among those teams. Especially still missing BI.

Hi there! Happy New Year! Better hope we don’t come across Memphis or Utah rebuild mode in the playoffs.

Because of brain damage, amirite?
    Real nice .

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I wish they would all "come out of the woodwork." We (and, i'm sure, this board) need as many fans as we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I wish they would all "come out of the woodwork." We (and, i'm sure, this board) need as many fans as we can get.

You talking about attendance? You have had 5 straight sellouts. The future looks bright for Pelicans attendance as long as Dennis Allen remains Saints head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You talking about attendance? You have had 5 straight sellouts. The future looks bright for Pelicans attendance as long as Dennis Allen remains Saints head coach.
    cold blooded! fwiw i think the problem is quarterback, which is why sean payton saw the writing on the wall and dipped

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    cold blooded! fwiw i think the problem is quarterback, which is why sean payton saw the writing on the wall and dipped
    I still believe, without all the injuries to our WRs and Oline, we'd have won the division regardless of whether Winston or Dalton was the starter. Defense has held 7 straight teams to 20 points or less, but we're only 4-3 in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I'm the orginal Australian OG brother. Been here since 2010. 7 years before you lol.
    Just like 13 - 3, I had a different handle back then

Definitely been around since early 2010s. You may have me beat by join date though
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-02-2023 at 12:12 AM.

Thread Information