Thread: December 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 23-12

FFS Trey

Learn some defense

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    HELL YEAH BOYS here we come!!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    FFS Trey

Learn some defense
    He was pretty good on d for a rookie last year too. This year it just seems to be a bit of sophomore slump, which is fine honestly. Gotta get the teething issues out at some point, no matter how frustrating it can be at the time.
    Basketball.

Zion barrels towards the basket like a rino and then has the softest touch to finish, its such a contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He was pretty good on d for a rookie last year too. This year it just seems to be a bit of sophomore slump, which is fine honestly. Gotta get the teething issues out at some point, no matter how frustrating it can be at the time.
    From what I can tell his struggles arent in one on one iso situations, but rather in understanding how to move in the scheme, who to pick up and when to do it. Which indicates that he does have the ability of a good defender but his defensive IQ hasnt gotten there yet.

Timeout crowd dancing to get on TV in the NBA is wild to me

You would never see this in basically any other league in the world

Yanks are nuts

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Timeout crowd dancing to get on TV in the NBA is wild to me

You would never see this in basically any other league in the world

Yanks are nuts
    I feel you, m8

We bring it close, then make a series of weird/absurd plays which compound with some unfavourable calls in the worst moments and the deficit balloons again. It's rinse and repeat at this point.

Herb just did it twice in a row! Stole the ball from Morant and got a bucket, then forced an up and down by getting in the passing lane. Thats why this guy gets to play despite bricking his 3 pointers

Ja Morant is really good, like really really good. I dont think you can double team him either because he will find the open guy. Just have to hope Dyson and Herb can slow him down.

Letting Morant to shoot 3s seems to be the move. He is 0 for 5 from the arc.

That's a good TO

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Letting Morant to shoot 3s seems to be the move. He is 0 for 5 from the arc.
    That's it. The way to defend Morant is to make him shoot jumpers

If we could string together like, 3 minutes of legit play we could go up 10 pretty easily far easier said than done

CJ replies to a stepback 2 with a stepback 3 lmao

What a time for him to make his first 3 of the game

Basketball Guru
    zion with the turnovers....willie should have taken him out earlier to give him a rest....and call some plays for other players to get get looks to score....

Grizz lead is 4 going into the 4th.

On paper, that's a very competitive game, but we just cannot seem to get it over the hump. Always ''closing'' the gap, never quite being able to close that gap. Very frustrating

This one-on-one bs that CJ reverts to drives me nuts.

I say this every time, but I hate it every time. The way we do the final possession where everyone stands around and watches CJ dribble around then throw something up. It almost never works!

I say this every time, but I hate it every time. The way we do the final possession where everyone stands around and watches CJ dribble around then throw something up. It almost never works!
    It's so annoying particularly because he was winning people back over during the last few weeks, and then he starts doing again in the most egregious way now

Cj McCollum says ''It's CJ time''

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's so annoying particularly because he was winning people back over during the last few weeks, and then he starts doing again in the most egregious way now

Cj McCollum says ''It's CJ time''
    the other guys weren't moving off the ball either though. Its like everyone agrees to stand around while CJ jacks up a shot

You get the game close going into the 4th and then immediately give up a 7-0 run. Come on, guys.

Basketball Guru
    Memphis struggling against us on our back end of a back to back ....hope we can find the energy in the 4th to pull the win off...

Wow the Pelicans came out looking like garbage. A super close game is suddenly a double digit lead with 9 straight from the Grizzlies to open the 4th quarter.

the other guys weren't moving off the ball either though. Its like everyone agrees to stand around while CJ jacks up a shot
    Sure but, as has been said a million times by a million players over the years, it's hard to motivate yourself to move when you know you're not going to get passed the ball.

That's not to knock CJ as a passer, he's very willing and capable most of the time. But when he gets into his little dribble sequences you just know that shot's going up, why bother running about?

Thread Information