Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 12th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Houston Rockets - 6-6

Hadn't seen this before but this is cool.

Side note, anyone else just see the Poirier/Chandler fight? Crazy stuff
    Basketball.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    wow the freak out meter in this thread is breaking the meter.

time for everyone to take a deep breath, realize we still have a super young team and it's a VERY long season, and be happy that we're sitting 2 games over .500 with a much easier slate upcoming. And we're finally healthy.

Jose saves the day.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    wow the freak out meter in this thread is breaking the meter.

time for everyone to take a deep breath, realize we still have a super young team and it's a VERY long season, and be happy that we're sitting 2 games over .500 with a much easier slate upcoming. And we're finally healthy.
    The vibe of this board sucks. Most people **** on all the players, expect the Pelicans to lose anytime the game is close, and care more about the Lakers games than the Pelicans.

Win is a win but this game went way to close.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    The vibe of this board sucks. Most people **** on all the players, expect the Pelicans to lose anytime the game is close, and care more about the Lakers games than the Pelicans.
    This is mostly true, it sucks. There are certain posters who will mock you if you try to be optimistic lmao

Jose deserves all the credit for that W. Just basically took the game over as a 5'9" guard in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Jose deserves all the credit for that W. Just basically took the game over as a 5'9" guard in the NBA.
    100%, there's a reason Zion was hyping him in the post-game. He's been great all season honesty, and the fact that he's improved as a 3pt shooter (41% on the season) has meant so much for his ability to stay on the court. Last year he was a super aggressive defender but he was kind of a liability at times on offense. Showed signs of improvement on that end - culminating in that amazing back and forth he had with CP3 in the postseason - and then comes back this year showing that no, that wasn't a fluke, he actually has just improved.

So happy for him. Undrafted to legit.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Jose is a gem. An amazing player and an even better person.

That last move.....what?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    This is why I don't post much anymore. Having realistic expectations with a dash of fandom gets you labeled a homer. But being pessimistic is considered being a realist by some members. Certain posters tend to be toxic and seek confrontation if you have a different take than them.

Now I just like to watch the games and enjoy them. Win or lose. And just lurk here and occasionally comment.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    This is why I don't post much anymore. Having realistic expectations with a dash of fandom gets you labeled a homer. But being pessimistic is considered being a realist by some members. Certain posters tend to be toxic and seek confrontation if you have a different take than them.

Now I just like to watch the games and enjoy them. Win or lose. And just lurk here and occasionally comment.
    Pels seem to be a position where they are "experimenting", trying to learn what several players can handle on the court...and what they CAN'T handle. I'm not sure WHAT is going on with Daniels. But this experimenting, does not lead to having your best performance, night in & night out. Lot of folks think this is what should happen, during the early part of the regular season, while some don't like it a bit.

On the Lakers, I think THIS year's pick that we SHOULD get from them...will be an even bigger deal, than last year's and I think Daniels is gonna be a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    100%, there's a reason Zion was hyping him in the post-game. He's been great all season honesty, and the fact that he's improved as a 3pt shooter (41% on the season) has meant so much for his ability to stay on the court. Last year he was a super aggressive defender but he was kind of a liability at times on offense. Showed signs of improvement on that end - culminating in that amazing back and forth he had with CP3 in the postseason - and then comes back this year showing that no, that wasn't a fluke, he actually has just improved.

So happy for him. Undrafted to legit.
    And the 3 isn't the only thing in his offensive bag. He's developed a nice floater when he gets in the lane, and he's probably one of the better facilitators on the team. He's earned every minute he gets.

I want in on this Jose circle jerk

The MIP award was created for undrafted players, who turn into vital cogs for their teams

Not because Ingram and Morant got a little more efficient
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-14-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Obvious names aside, big props to Jose tonight. Really important player on this team so far this year. We're just better when he's on.
    He should be getting Herb level props now

One of the best contracts in the league (for the Pels)

IF...a year from now...or even THIS year's playoffs...Jose is anywhere near the court at crunch time...the Pels have a huge problem. JMO...I COULD be wrong.
    Last edited by The Dud; 11-14-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Be nice to outline at least one reason why you think this

Jose and DD back court sounds kinda nice to me
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-14-2022 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Be nice to outline at least one reason why you think this

Jose and DD back court sounds kinda nice to me
    If Pels are to become a serious contender...Jose is too short & will have a target on his back defensively come playoff time when in the halfcourt game...which playoffs end up being far more than regular season. Last thing we need...is another player that can't play halfcourt D, come playoff time. I could go on with some other weaknesses I see in his game...but that alone...is enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dud View Post
    If Pels are to become a serious contender...Jose is too short & will have a target on his back defensively come playoff time when in the halfcourt game...which playoffs end up being far more than regular season. Last thing we need...is another player that can't play halfcourt D, come playoff time. I could go on with some other weaknesses I see in his game...but that alone...is enough for me.
    The team itself can't play the half court game in offence or defence. I don't think that Jose makes the difference.

There is a reason Willie has deployed this 0.5 offence. They can't score when teams are settled in on defence so he wants them to score in transition.

Look how they struggle against a zone. They just don't have the IQ to break down set defences...yet.

And since DD was brought up. Assuming DD is another Herb, with a bit more offensive potential...this provides Pels with a very unique advantage they can use that I'm hard pressed to see with any other team. A large Herb/DD backcourt where either player could be considered your BEST 1-4 defender on the court AND with our current roster...not much offense will be required by our backcourt so...

Speaking of Herb...he presents an odd problem for the Pels. Just not sure how much value he adds if his O doesn't come around, since his defense can be fairly easily neutralized by just avoiding him. By game 6, Suns had decided to just "forfeit" Booker at crunch time on offense...send him to the corner to stand...with Herb on him. There's gonna be more & more of that in the future. The SOLUTION? It's like a guy with just ONE leg...that leg isn't really that useful BUT if you add a 2nd leg you suddenly MORE THAN doubled that guy's usefulness. Herb + DD is a perfect example of when 1+1 = "FAR more than 2". Gonna be hard to avoid both of those guys. So, stick em' at 1 & 2...any offense will be gravy...and let teams try to score on us at crunch time. (Especially once we add that rim protecting 5)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jose is short but he is not a bad defender. Dude is a pest.

And since DD was brought up. Assuming DD is another Herb, with a bit more offensive potential...this provides Pels with a very unique advantage they can use that I'm hard pressed to see with any other team. A large Herb/DD backcourt where either player could be considered your BEST 1-4 defender on the court AND with our current roster...not much offense will be required by our backcourt so...

Speaking of Herb...he presents an odd problem for the Pels. Just not sure how much value he adds if his O doesn't come around, since his defense can be fairly easily neutralized by just avoiding him. By game 6, Suns had decided to just "forfeit" Booker at crunch time on offense...send him to the corner to stand...with Herb on him. There's gonna be more & more of that in the future. The SOLUTION? It's like a guy with just ONE leg...that leg isn't really that useful BUT if you add a 2nd leg you suddenly MORE THAN doubled that guy's usefulness. Herb + DD is a perfect example of when 1+1 = "FAR more than 2". Gonna be hard to avoid both of those guys. So, stick em' at 1 & 2...any offense will be gravy...and let teams try to score on us at crunch time. (Especially once we add that rim protecting 5)
    Yes defensively both DD and Herb will be good, but I'm not sure how that line up with BI and Zion break down the half court in offence.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Yes defensively both DD and Herb will be good, but I'm not sure how that line up with BI and Zion break down the half court in offence.
    I'm expecting some fairly solid improvement on the offensive end...from both Herb & Dyson. Obviously...DM is the only person out there, that is as high as I am...on the Herbster...we tend to always think exactly alike, in that respect...g

My god JV is so reckless with the ball thinking he’s Chris paul

We forking suck tonight lol

Thread Information