Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November 10th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Portland Trailblazers - 6-5

Have the Trailblazers missed a shot in the 4th quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpel View Post
    With the way we defend, they better not miss

And CJ ends it on another miss. Fitting.

Pels need a PG who can shoot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The number one thing the Pelicans need to do is get better on defense. Change the scheme up, change the player rotations up, change the coaching up, change something up. We need to be swarming and putting pressure on guys it seems like teams just get whatever they want too easily.

Yes CJ has had a rough start. But you can't convince me that CJ doesn't know how to shoot. He's been in the league too long and done it too well.

Pels shots in the 4th:

- Trey misses a layup
    - Zion gets a layup, and 1
    - Zion misses layup
    - Trey misses 3
    - Zion misses layup
    - Herb makes a 3
    - Zion hits 2 FTs
    - Zion misses layup
    - Zion makes layup, and 1
    - Zion goes 1/2 FTs
    - Ingram makes pullup
    - Zion makes 2 FTs
    - Zion miss, gets offensive rebound, hits 1/2 FTs
    - Ingram misses jumper
    - CJ misses pullup 3
    - Zion hits layup
    - CJ misses pullup middy
    - Zion hits 3
    - Herb misses 3
    - CJ misses 3
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So bad the defense.

CJ is just not on planet earth rn.

End of quarter clock management has been horrendous all year.

Unforced turnovers are becoming a plague.

Larry and his unnecessarily dumb switching continues.

It'll get better in December. Right now it's ugly to watch. The light bulb is barely flicking above the shoulders.

The team just goes into games with no plan, comes out of halves with no plan, comes out of TOs with no plan. The only person who has a plan on any given play is CJ, and his plan is ''it's time for me to shoot''
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-10-2022 at 09:33 PM.

The Pelicans are really easy to make money off of if you take your heart out of it

We need to send willie to the gleague. Him and hayes can learn a thing or two over there

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    The Pelicans are really easy to make money off of if you take your heart out of it
    I would absolutely put money on the Rockets on Saturday.

A bad defensive team, or a young team getting lots of points always a good fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pels shots in the 4th:

- Trey misses a layup
    - Zion gets a layup, and 1
    - Zion misses layup
    - Trey misses 3
    - Zion misses layup
    - Herb makes a 3
    - Zion hits 2 FTs
    - Zion misses layup
    - Zion makes layup, and 1
    - Zion goes 1/2 FTs
    - Ingram makes pullup
    - Zion makes 2 FTs
    - Zion miss, gets offensive rebound, hits 1/2 FTs
    - Ingram misses jumper
    - CJ misses pullup 3
    - Zion hits layup
    - CJ misses pullup middy
    - Zion hits 3
    - Herb misses 3
    - CJ misses 3
    Not a big deal...but Herb "attempted" three 3-pt shots...on the night. He made 2 of them. But unfortunately, they all 3 were his patented "foot fault 3s", so the box score will show him NOT taking a 3-pt shot for the night. I actually thought they might have figured out a way to keep Herb from constantly doing that again this year. Guess not. I think he had 40 "foot faults" last year on "attempted" 3-pt shots. All were C&S 3s, like tonight. What an odd character.
    Last edited by The Dud; 11-10-2022 at 09:54 PM.

I really do not understand if you have the ball with 17 seconds left in the quarter, why are you running normal offense, and throwing up some dumb shot with 10 seconds still on the clock?

The coach should be yelling at the top of his lungs to hold the damn ball if your players are just that damn stupid.

What sucks is the lakers wasn't playing tonight to soften this blow

Before season i was expecting score like this in first 12 games. What is difference i counted losses against GSW, Dallas, Clippers and Bulls and wins against Lakers, Jazz, Trailblazers and Pacers.
    We had luck with GSW sitting out guys, Lillard not playing, Nets disaster, Clippers injuries and we didnt took advantage of it, that is what bothers me the most. Between Lakers, Jazz, Trailblazers, Pacers we should have won at least 2...
    And then it will come the streak where we have our guys injured and what will happen then? I'm disapointed with how this team is playing. I will just quote what Pop said:

"I WANT SOME NASTY!!!" .

Give me 5 mins of Alvarado, Dyson, Herb, Murphy and Nance and play that film everyday to CJ, Brandon and Zion...

I said we’d be a .500 team first half of season, but tough to beat after the turn. I still think that. A lot of moving parts to sort out, rotations to establish, roles to learn. It’s been patchy. It will stay patchy for a while. I’d recommend not overreacting. Let things work themselves out. But no way CJ stays this bad…

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpel View Post
    How many times do you hear this about opposing teams

Just going to give this one a mulligan. It's the end of a tough stretch and in desperate need of a day off.

When they are fouling like that it means the feet just aren't moving well.

Blazers were very smart to rest Jerami Grant last night. He came into this game focused and fresh among a bunch of tired legs.

No excuses Saturday.

So we are back this ******** again. Well that did not take long. Do we need to start a tank thread?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So we are back this ******** again. Well that did not take long. Do we need to start a tank thread?
    You’re a like broke record with the T word thread. Do you like the team being bad more?

Apparently CJ has been really sick and fighting through it. Appreciate the heart and toughness but coach needs to rest him and let dude get better, its not helping the team to play him like this.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Both teams on back to back. Which one looked worse? Of course the one at home with a full roster.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Apparently CJ has been really sick and fighting through it. Appreciate the heart and toughness but coach needs to rest him and let dude get better, its not helping the team to play him like this.
    CJ is sick? Like he has a cold? Where did you hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    CJ is sick? Like he has a cold? Where did you hear this?
    https://youtu.be/ipaOCCBg5oo?t=312

Thread Information