Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Actually it says alot. Your brutal commentary on 22 year old BI, when he was acquired, actually 'pales' by comparison (pun intended)!!
    Yeah we need to bump that thread. I’ll see if I can find it in the archives

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah we need to bump that thread. I’ll see if I can find it in the archives
    By the way how old is our current # 1...you know, our current PF? Based on our overseas friend's criteria, he won't expand his game either, I guess.

Can we all agree that with BIs 30+ minutes open now, Daniels should get a little run in his absence? Or just more Naji and Graham?

I’ll hang up and listen
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Can we all agree that with BIs 30+ minutes open now, Daniels should get a little run in his absence? Or just more Naji and Graham?

I’ll hang up and listen
    We could always move Garrett Temple in that role until Ingram is cleared. That is what Stan would do.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We could always move Garrett Temple in that role until Ingram is cleared. That is what Stan would do.
    No he wouldn't; Stan didn't have that tool in his tool box.

Basketball Guru
    ill take naji and graham...dyson is not ready..let him go to the g league and do some things....

as fans yall want dyson to play but this team won the play-in last season then won games in the playoffs that people thought we would get swept and now the pelicans are the talk among the national talking heads so i assume willie will not go with a raw dyson over naji and graham because of the implications with this team possibly winning a playoff series and getting out of the gate early with wins......imo dyson is not a needle mover over naji and graham this season and i myself want the known vets to play over him now...

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    No he wouldn't; Stan didn't have that tool in his tool box.
    I was being sarcastic.

I?ll hang up and listen
    Dyson should take all of Naji's minutes.

JAX and Naji will get most of BI's minutes. Actually it will be TM3's minutes because he will get BI's minutes if he can stay on the floor. DD should be sent to G.League for the months of November and December for extensive play just like the team should of done with JAX three years ago.
    Last edited by As I See It; 10-24-2022 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    ill take naji and Graham

All-Star
    This mavs game could be a good opportunity to unleash the Herb and DD combo on Luka. As soon as herb has to sit out unleash DD on him!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    This mavs game could be a good opportunity to unleash the Herb and DD combo on Luka. As soon as herb has to sit out unleash DD on him!
    Brother....where in Melbourne?

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Brother....where in Melbourne?
    Mornington Peninsula! You?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Daniels needs run. I need to see him and Alvarado in the 2nd unit. Graham will do what he always does. Make plays and shots early in the season but then be...oh. Graham is still here by January. And Naji is only good in like a 5 min burst here and there. Too much Naji spoils the soup. But Dice is good any time. By itself.

They had this dude #5 on their big board. Imagine they moved up and took him 5 (they almost did and probably would have if Kings take Ivey)

Every other guy in that top 6 is playing tons of minutes. But this dude cant play because of.....checks notes..... Naji Marshall?

Knew it would happen coming into the year, and despite that, it still angers me

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There's cautious and then there's fearful. Can't contend when you're afraid.

Get your nuts up, Griff and Green! Play the kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There's cautious and then there's fearful. Can't contend when you're afraid.

Get your nuts up, Griff and Green! Play the kid!
    Oh, dont put Griff in there. If it was up to him, Naji wouldnt be playing. This is all Willie

And this isn’t the biggest thing in the world. I get the other side and know that in March Daniels will be playing, but I came into this season saying give me 45 wins and maximum minutes for Trey and Daniels over 51 and Trey getting 1200 while DD gets zero. I still believe that. Because those guys and how they turn out will eventually be the difference between being say the Nuggets of the past few years and the Bucks or Celtics. One of those guys becomes a fringe All Star, and the other becomes a solid starter and now you have a real contender for a decade. They both become Jaxson Hayes, where you see flashes but nothing sustainable and the Pels are hovering around the play in most years

And this isn?t the biggest thing in the world. I get the other side and know that in March Daniels will be playing, but I came into this season saying give me 45 wins and maximum minutes for Trey and Daniels over 51 and Trey getting 1200 while DD gets zero. I still believe that. Because those guys and how they turn out will eventually be the difference between being say the Nuggets of the past few years and the Bucks or Celtics. One of those guys becomes a fringe All Star, and the other becomes a solid starter and now you have a real contender for a decade. They both become Jaxson Hayes, where you see flashes but nothing sustainable and the Pels are hovering around the play in most years
    I'm in agreement to an extent. I don't think there's any worry at this point of Trey being Jax. He's pretty clearly an elite shooter and solid contributor in most other areas, and he's on pace for over 2000 minutes.

Dyson, on the other hand, needs to play. He's clearly a top 3 defender on this team already as a rookie, he would help the second unit on the defensive glass, and we need another high IQ player on the court.

The real worry I have through all of this is I don't want Griff to feel like he's not in a position to field the deepest possible roster. It is a luxury for us to have DG and Naji as 11th and 12th men, but that luxury is completely negated if they are playing heavy minutes over younger players solely because they are vets. Long term, is Griff going to have to deplete the back third of the roster just to save Willie from himself? Because that is not good, especially for a team who 1) has star players who are often injured and 2) has high value firsts coming down the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We can't lose games by 1 point when we have two starters out injured?

Jesus, what games *can* we afford to lose, if that's the standard? Not allowed to lose a game unless it's by the magic new invention of the demi-point, and even that's only allowed when one of the players has been locked in a cave in the Himalayas.
    You don’t understand me. I don't mean Pelslife and the fact that we lost 2 players and a few were close to injuries - I mean that after such a return and leading before the end of the game, we have to pull this to the end and win. It is a lesson for us, it is important to learn from it - no matter who was playing, we must play wisely. Only this so relax Pelicanidae - it’s good.
    Last edited by Creative; 10-25-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieHornet View Post
    Mornington Peninsula! You?
    Ringwood.

You on Pels12 down under?
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 10-25-2022 at 02:22 PM.

All-Star
    yep!

Thread Information