Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: October 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - Preseason Game 1 - 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    The Jax-Nance combination is a beautiful thing
    You're damn right it is.

I like the idea of a DD, Jose, Trey, Hayes, Lance lineup. Would be an absolute joy to watch.

Sheit take it one step further and go all defense.

DD
    Herb
    Trey
    Hayes
    Nance

Nobody scoring on that lineup.
    Last edited by PleaseWinPels; 10-05-2022 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    You're damn right it is.

I like the idea of a DD, Jose, Trey, Hayes, Lance lineup. Would be an absolute joy to watch.

Sheit take it one step further and go all defense.

DD
    Herb
    Trey
    Hayes
    Nance

Nobody scoring on that lineup.
    Yeah Hayes isn't a defender

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Yeah Hayes isn't a defender
    He was a positive defender at the 4 last season, and I expect continued growth in his 6th year playing competitive basketball and his first with an semblance of offseason consistency. I'm excited about this season for Jax. I don't think he's plausible on this team long term, but I do believe he'll make us better this season.

I know it's fun to envision lineups like DD, Herb, Trey, Hayes, Nance; but there should not be a healthy minute this season where one of CJ, BI, Z isn't on the floor

He was a positive defender at the 4 last season, and I expect continued growth in his 6th year playing competitive basketball and his first with an semblance of offseason consistency. I'm excited about this season for Jax. I don't think he's plausible on this team long term, but I do believe he'll make us better this season.

I know it's fun to envision lineups like DD, Herb, Trey, Hayes, Nance; but there should not be a healthy minute this season where one of CJ, BI, Z isn't on the floor
    As much as Hayes has been rabbit in the headlights on D sometimes, there are several stats which seem to imply that he's been an overall plus on D pretty much his entire NBA career. Turns out that, on a team where there's been very little defensive support at the C position, having someone who is tall and long and is willing to try and defend the rim works out well, even if they're a bit wobbly at it sometimes.

I was a huge Jax proponent early, and then championed him a lot in his first two years. Last year seemed to be a bit of a step back in a lot of ways and I'm hoping he can pull it all together before he comes up for free agency. It would be cool if he did. If not, then it is what it is. I still think his ultimate ceiling, if hit, could be pretty special.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Yeah this is literally his first time playing with the same coach in the NBA. Take a super raw young developmental prospect, put him in 3 different systems his first 3 years in the NBA, it’s not a great formula for successful player development.

Thread Information