Pelicans Report

Thread: Dyson- DNPCD

Dyson- DNPCD

Any idea why Dyson hasn't seen the floor since the FT incident? He played well in that game, other than at the end. And it's not like guys are playing very well, or the team is humming along.

(I know he got to shoot a couple FTs last night. Doesn't count, obv)

Because Willie Green is an idiot and is in love with vets like Temple and Graham.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Because Willie Green is an idiot and is in love with vets like Temple and Graham.
    It might sound crazy, but I genuinely think they play the vets to keep some trade value. Willie could be allowing the vets to play themselves out of the rotation just like Temple.

We went through the same situation last year with Trey. It's not that unusual. My guess would be Willie wants Daniels to "earn" his spot and is giving deference to the vets in the meantime.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    We went through the same situation last year with Trey. It's not that unusual. My guess would be Willie wants Daniels to "earn" his spot and is giving deference to the vets in the meantime.
    And there are advantages in letting a rookie sit and watch for the first part of the season. Dyson will being playing quality minutes by the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It might sound crazy, but I genuinely think they play the vets to keep some trade value. Willie could be allowing the vets to play themselves out of the rotation just like Temple.
    No veteran is having their trade value increased by playing 5-10 minutes a game - in which they usually suck - on a team that is losing every minute they're on the floor.

As for Temple ''playing himself out of the rotation'', that took 59 games last year. Let's not repeat that, thanks.
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No veteran is having their trade value increased by playing 5-10 minutes a game - in which they usually suck - on a team that is losing every minute they're on the floor.

As for Temple ''playing himself out of the rotation'', that took 59 games last year. Let's not repeat that, thanks.
    So, you believe Willie is just being stubborn. I agree. Lol. I just wanted to make myself feel better about seeing Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    So, you believe Willie is just being stubborn. I agree. Lol. I just wanted to make myself feel better about seeing Graham.
    Graham's actually not been that bad this year. Shooting has rebounded somewhat from last year, and he's trying hard on defense even if his size limits him.

The thing with him and Naji getting minutes over dyson isn't because I think they're being terrible. They're not, they're being fine 9th-ish men. Filling the role fine. The issue is opportunity cost: Graham and Naji are not as vital to the future thriving of this team as dyson is, so I want him getting those minutes even if he was worse as a player. The fact that he isn't worse is just the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Graham's actually not been that bad this year. Shooting has rebounded somewhat from last year, and he's trying hard on defense even if his size limits him.

The thing with him and Naji getting minutes over dyson isn't because I think they're being terrible. They're not, they're being fine 9th-ish men. Filling the role fine. The issue is opportunity cost: Graham and Naji are not as vital to the future thriving of this team as dyson is, so I want him getting those minutes even if he was worse as a player. The fact that he isn't worse is just the icing on the cake.
    That my friend is the difference between successful winning culture clubs and the Pelicans.

Thread Information