Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: October 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - Preseason Game 1 - 0-0

Pelicans October 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - Preseason Game 1 - 0-0

After what has felt like absolutely forever, pre-season is upon us and we are going to be able to see the Pelicans play basketball again. Of course, being pre-season, it's not exactly the same as the regular season. Green will be trying things out that may or may not make appearances in the regular season, rotations will be being trialled, minute allocation will likely be a little bit irregular, and players will likely not quite have their foot all the way on the gas. But still, the Pelicans are going to be playing basketball today.

BI said in interviews yesterday that he thinks he's okay and thinks he will be able to play but wants to be safe and not risk anything, hence why he's listed as questionable. No word from CJ that I saw, but I imagine it's a similar circumstance.

As always, while pre-season is fun and exciting and it's good to see everyone hit the floor again, the main concern of pre-season is getting out of it without any major injuries. That's all we ask: some fun games, and no injuries. If that happens, mission accomplished.
    Basketball.

Notes from Green:

On Ingram: ''He's getting better, he's still questionable so we'll see how he feels once he does a few things in shoot-around but we don't know yet. Nothing serious but hopefully we can get him back soon.''

Cj: ''He's questionable as well with an ankle, but he went through practice yesterday, a full shoot-around, so he's a guy again we'll talk to our medical team and see where we are come game time.''

Minutes: ''We have a minutes window that we wanna play the guys probably no more than 20 minutes, same thing for our second unit, in the 20 minute range. We'll see what it looks like.''

Looking forward to seeing Dyson Daniels in more of a team concept than SL

Of course the game starts at 8:30.

Sheeesh they're torturing us

Draft Pick
    I'm so bummed. I go to Chicago like twice a month (will be there next week), and I wish I could've gone to this game.

Has not been reported, but it looks like Kira participated in shootaround. I'd expect him to be ready for 5v5 fairly soon. Just pure speculation

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Has not been reported, but it looks like Kira participated in shootaround. I'd expect him to be ready for 5v5 fairly soon. Just pure speculation
    Kira was participating in all the drills in the open practice. Running the floor, three man weave, all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lautreamont View Post
    I'm so bummed. I go to Chicago like twice a month (will be there next week), and I wish I could've gone to this game.
    I will be in Brooklyn on opening night and cannot go to the game.

Feel better now?

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Good - the 100.3 signal is just too unreliable.

So now Trey is sore and nicked up??

LOL

/me grabs popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So now Trey is sore and nicked up??

LOL
    Naji starting is disgusting. Give me DD, Jose, or damn near anyone over Naji.

They even cheering for us on Saints Report

https://saintsreport.com/threads/n-s...-today.480929/

I guess we are 1st tier now.

Hey that Channing Frye on my TV? He actually acknowledged Zion is in shape now.

Damn y’all quiet right now.

Love Z defensive efforts.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Zion slamming

Zion trending!

All hail Garrett Temple is in the game!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don't know if they will trade Hayes, but he is very athletic.

The 2nd line is looking beastly. Suffocating defense.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Thread Information