.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 76

Thread: Which Trade Would You Do?

  1. #1

    Trade Idea Which Trade Would You Do?

    Lets say, HYPOTHETICALLY, that Griff really wanted to do a 2-for-1 because he wanted to give someone a NG contract, while giving the second two-way to EJ. Now, lets say these were the current possible trade frameworks sitting on his desk. Which would you do, if any?

    1. Devonte Graham, Jaxson Hayes, and two 2nds for Doug McDermott (2/27.5 left on contract)

    2. Graham, Hayes, and 2026 pick swap option from Bucks for Malik Beasley (15.5 this year, Team Option for 16.5 next year)

    3. Graham, Hayes, 2024 lotto protected 1st (that becomes 2025 lotto protected, and then two 2nds) for Bojan Bogdanovic (expiring 19 mil)

    4. Hayes and Naji for Mason Plumlee (expiring 9 mil) and a 2nd

    5 Temple and Hayes (with Hayes going to 3rd team) for Kelly Olynyk (12.8 this year, partial guarantee of 3 mil next year)
    @mcnamara247

  2. #2
    Best Coach Ever ULsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Uptown
    Posts
    1,321
    2 easily

  3. #3
    Exhibit C Nola3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,197
    Definitely 2. Good two way player on a solid deal without giving up any real draft compensation unless Giannis leaves (which would make their 2027 pick that we also own insanely valuable). I like Bojan as well, and agree that would probably be around the price for him, but given those options I go with Beasley every time.

  4. #4
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,136
    5.

    Not sure why Beasly is so special, who will want to take minutes away from our young guys.
    Kelly is good insurance for if Val goes down, because I can't see Larry and Willy carrying the load and is already a role player, so he knows his place.

  5. #5
    I don't get the Beasley love at all especially since he well likely take minutes from younger guys. To answer the question I would do #3 and 5.

    I would also see if it's possible to trade for Potel
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  6. #6
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    6,619
    #5

    That would give us the stretch big that we could use, and we would also keep assets.

  7. #7
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,778
    I can say I don't want 3 or 4 unequivocally. The others...I dunno. My problem is I don't know enough about Olynk's game anymore. I mean, he's a stretch 4...but is he really? What if he's slightly taller right handed Luke Babbitt? I mean, sure, he can hit 3s but...eh. Or is he poor man Ryan Anderson?

  8. #8
    I know I will be in the minority, but #4 is either my favorite or my 2nd favorite. First of all, I dont want to part with any assets. I would want to have all of them in the event that one guy comes available in the next year or two to TRULY put this team over the top. That 2026 Bucks swap might not seem like much but you never know what will happen. The Warriors went from a 3 time Finals team to getting the #2 pick the next season.

    Plumlee gives you another big body to eat minutes in the regular season, and would actually be a decent starter if Jonas gets banged up for a few weeks. I dont want Nance or Willy starting and trying to play 30-35 mins. You also dont have to sell Graham at his all time low point (and pay for that right). He could easily have a bounce back year as a solid 7th or 8th man, and with the cap going up another 10 mil next year, he is seen as a net neutral, or even a positive.

    This is a year where the main goal should be to get all the young dudes as many reps as possible. I dont want a Bogdanovic or a McDermott threatening that. Give me 47 wins, with Trey getting 1800 minutes and Daniels getting 1200 over 50 wins with them getting 1200 and 500, respectively.

  9. #9
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Bywater
    Posts
    259
    Tie: 4 & 5. Only cause we're screwed if JV gets injured. We need depth at C.

  10. #10
    The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,277
    I'd say 4 as well, echoing your reasoning.

  11. #11
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,292
    I could be fine with four, but would prefer five. I think Olynyk has always played his given role well regardless of the team, understands and plays to his value AND has offensive skills that would complement ZW better than Plumlee. If offensive skills be damned, Plumlee would be the call.
    The most important ABILITY that a player must demonstrate in order to claim "Superstar Status" is AVAILABILITY!!

  12. #12
    4. Plumlee’s competent. Would be at least a decent warm body to throw in if injuries sprout amongst the bigs.

  13. #13
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,136
    Both 2 ways have been filled with Seabron and Brockington. A 2 for 1 is definitely on the cards.

  14. #14
    Prefer 4, I’d like to see more Kira so we can see what we really got. Don’t think Temple takes minutes away from Kira like Naji would. Also don’t think he takes them away from Trey

  15. #15
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,730
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Both 2 ways have been filled with Seabron and Brockington. A 2 for 1 is definitely on the cards.
    Why did they use a 2 way on Brockington?

  16. #16
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,730
    If it were a couple of years ago, I would lean to #5. However, Olynyk seems to have fallen off pretty quickly. Not overly excited about any of those trades.

  17. #17
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    2,055
    Beasley would be my guy. We need depth at the 2 guard and a guy that can hit spot up 3’s. Have to find a way to add Temple and clear 2 spots, one for EG and one for a backup big.

  18. #18
    About #4.... Hornets currently have a PR nightmare with the M. Bridges situation. What lawsuits does Hayes currently have against him by his ex-gf?

    Yea. So you can count out any part of Hayes to the Charlotte Hornets.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why did they use a 2 way on Brockington?
    Couple reasons -

    1. They LOVE his mentality. Was told it reminded them of Herb and Jose in some ways. Just a killer dog, and they were locked in to taking him with #41 prior to his injury.
    2. Another team was flirting with him and Pels thought he wouldnt make it to camp with them if they didnt commit to the two-way
    3. Some opportunities are starting to look more possible - both on the trade front and on the creative stash front
    4. If it comes down to it, they will release Seabron from his two way if they have to. They think Brockington, EJ, and Butler all have higher potential and are trying to find a way to get all 4 guys on some kind of a deal that keeps them in house, but will sacrifice Seabron if need be. You can change who your two-way is

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    About #4.... Hornets currently have a PR nightmare with the M. Bridges situation. What lawsuits does Hayes currently have against him by his ex-gf?

    Yea. So you can count out any part of Hayes to the Charlotte Hornets.
    Or.....you dip your toe into the domestic violence water and see how your fan base reacts, and then if they dont seem to care, you bring back Bridges!

  21. #21
    Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Couple reasons -

    1. They LOVE his mentality. Was told it reminded them of Herb and Jose in some ways. Just a killer dog, and they were locked in to taking him with #41 prior to his injury.
    2. Another team was flirting with him and Pels thought he wouldnt make it to camp with them if they didnt commit to the two-way
    3. Some opportunities are starting to look more possible - both on the trade front and on the creative stash front
    4. If it comes down to it, they will release Seabron from his two way if they have to. They think Brockington, EJ, and Butler all have higher potential and are trying to find a way to get all 4 guys on some kind of a deal that keeps them in house, but will sacrifice Seabron if need be. You can change who your two-way is

    So to get all 4 on roster somehow, they need to create 2 roster spots. Guessing plan is for 3 of Hayes/Graham/Naji/Temple to go out and only take 1 player back; thus getting the 2 spots they need.

    Makes number 4 attractive because you are able to get a decent backup 5, give up no real picks, and hang on to Graham to rehab value like you said.

    You could then create that last spot by:

    1. Finding taker for temple in a dump
    2. Just waiving and stretching him; or
    3. He just retires and give him a coaching role

    If it comes down to just temple, i don't think it would be hard to accomplish. Which makes 4 even more attractive to me.

  22. #22
    And dont assume that all need to be soon. The plan for EJ was always to sign him to a real deal at the end of the season, similar to Jose. Only difference now might be that they dont give him the 2-way first.

    The trick will be getting Butler in on a NG contract. And if you can't, maybe he replaces Seabron as a two way guy. But I think EJ basically hangs out for a while, maybe gets some fake deal with someone overseas, and then signs a deal using part of the MLE in March after Pels make a trade and/or they waive Temple

  23. #23
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    2,055
    Oubre would also be a guy I?d like.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 09-12-2022 at 07:41 PM.

  24. #24
    Why?

    Not necessarily disagreeing but genuinely want to know why

  25. #25
    Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And dont assume that all need to be soon. The plan for EJ was always to sign him to a real deal at the end of the season, similar to Jose. Only difference now might be that they dont give him the 2-way first.

    The trick will be getting Butler in on a NG contract. And if you can't, maybe he replaces Seabron as a two way guy. But I think EJ basically hangs out for a while, maybe gets some fake deal with someone overseas, and then signs a deal using part of the MLE in March after Pels make a trade and/or they waive Temple
    What?s the risk the fake overseas deal gets looked at as a way of Pels circumventing the cap?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •