Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Zion Extension Thread

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Zion calls Griff ''the man with the plan''. Says Griff told him ''it's going to be hard for someone to top this birthday gift''. Says his emotions are still high and he's excited to get on the court and play.

Zion calls Christian Clark ''the piano guy'' in an accusatory tone.
    I loved the Piano Guy comment. I felt like it was more playful than accusatory.

Our playoff push really cured a lot of issues that this team had. You could tell that it made Zion buy in.

Season Ticket Holder
    Griff ain't trading BI. His BI comments during this presser solidifies this.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Our playoff push really cured a lot of issues that this team had. You could tell that it made Zion buy in.
    Yup! Don't tank!!! Winning begets winning!

Sounds like Griff is throwing a bit of cold water on the KD speculation.
    Agreed. Talked about how anxious they were to see what the core of this team can do together and how they'll look to improve using the draft picks they've obtained from other teams.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    A little bit? lmao

He's drowning it.
    Lol. I listened to the same press conference. People hear what they want to hear. I didn't hear anything that would preclude Griff from trading anyone not named Zion/CJ/BI in order to make a deal for Durant. Is a deal like that probable? Likely not. But if Griff can make that deal, it wouldn't contradict anything I heard him say.

Basketball.

Not 1, not 2..

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Lol. I listened to the same press conference. People hear what they want to hear. I didn't hear anything that would preclude Griff from trading anyone not named Zion/CJ/BI in order to make a deal for Durant. Is a deal like that probable? Likely not. But if Griff can make that deal, it wouldn't contradict anything I heard him say.
    I think in reality, most would conclude that if we are not trading BI, we are not getting KD. I assume that is why some said he threw cold water on it since he praised BI and his desire to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Exactly, if BKN had their hearts set on BI then no it isn't happening. But we still have pieces to either bring in a 3rd team or deal with them directly

OKC are coming and coming hard. We need to at full championship tilt mode in 2 years

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think in reality, most would conclude that if we are not trading BI, we are not getting KD. I assume that is why some said he threw cold water on it since he praised BI and his desire to be here.
    Correct. Brooklyn will not trade KD for solely picks and salary filler. No BI, no Zion, no deal.

I'm sure Griff has told BI that he's staying.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Griff also mentioned that he intends to use the draft picks from ''other teams'' to build out the team and get 'over the hump'.

Now that doesn't really mean he won't ever trade them - of course he could - but it does make it sound like he's not actively planning on moving them tomorrow. Could be pure PR, of course, but he's not playing into the rumours.

Griff also mentioned that he intends to use the draft picks from ''other teams'' to build out the team and get 'over the hump'.

Now that doesn't really mean he won't ever trade them - of course he could - but it does make it sound like he's not actively planning on moving them tomorrow. Could be pure PR, of course, but he's not playing into the rumours.
    That's definitely ambiguous between drafting and trading them

And that's completely fine

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Griff ain't trading BI. His BI comments during this presser solidifies this.
    Mac has been pretty consistent that our avenue forward, if Durant is actually coming here, would involve a ton of picks going out and us acquiring some young all-star caliber talent Brooklyn would want.

De’Aaron Fox, perhaps?

Season Ticket Holder

Love this quote. He knows those Lakers picks are gonna be in the lottery and our picks gonna be in the high 20s!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Mac has been pretty consistent that our avenue forward, if Durant is actually coming here, would involve a ton of picks going out and us acquiring some young all-star caliber talent Brooklyn would want.

De’Aaron Fox, perhaps?
    I would be shocked if SAC gave up Haliburton to build around Fox just to move Fox a few months later.

It still annoys me that they threw away Haliburton. At least he went East and Murray seems talented

Extremely hyped for next year. Zion sounds like he's eager to prove everyone wrong and shut up all the doubters. We know Ingram is about it and he stays ready. Coach Green sounded like he's been thinking and preparing already. If next season is even just mostly healthy (Zion and Ingram both play more than 60 games) I think we could do something special.

Sounds like no player option

Yep, no player option.
    I think I said this about 7 days ago, but what ever...

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think I said this about 7 days ago, but what ever...
    Um, congratulations?

#Murda_Byrds

Um, congratulations?
    Sorry this was directed at some other posters on here who didn't believe I had sources.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Sorry this was directed at some other posters on here who didn't believe I had sources.
    This is satire right

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This is satire right

Thread Information