Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Finish to the Pelicans 2022 Offseason

I like Jaxson Hayes. He brings the intensity we need. Like draymond does for GS.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    I like Jaxson Hayes. He brings the intensity we need. Like draymond does for GS.
    Without the defence

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Jaxson Hayes has stretches - sometimes weeks at a time - of being really solid. But his development curve is a sine wave at this point and unless he can show real consistency for the first time in his career its very much time to move on from him imo. I don't want to have to pay the extension at the rates he's likely seeking for his performance thus far.
    Basketball.

We’re going to have the fire from other places. My guess is we even get more from Zion. A better basketball player and human being would be pretty good

If you watched the playoffs, you saw Nance take Hayes's minutes and make him an afterthought.

Now enter Zion to play the 4 and then draft EJ Lindell for cheap front court depth.

On this roster Jaxson now has no role or any minutes for him to even show improvement,
    Unfortunately this is the peak of his value in a Pelican uniform before he demands to be paid.
    Like him or not, You gotta trade him now, the best the Pels can be cannot include Jaxson.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

When I think of fire Jaxson is not the player that comes to mind

The Franchise
    Dream would be trade Graham, Temple, Hayes, 23 top 10 protected, 24 Pels top 4 protected, and Bucks unprotected for Dejonte Murray and Vassell. I’d start Murray, CJ, BI, Zion, Val with my next 5 in no particular order Dyson, Vassell, Trey, Herb, Nance. Deep bench of Kira, Jose, Naji, Lindell, and Billy. Definitely a lot of defense with Murray, Dyson, Herb, Vassell, and Nance

Was going too well. We were all talking realistic summers and you had to go and dream lol
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Was going too well. We were all talking realistic summers and you had to go and dream lol
    True. Dreaming too big. Pop would probably never trade in division anyway. I do like the culver pickup if we could. Maybe change of scenery would help him. I’d still like another creator/pg, but at this point just moving Temple and Graham would be enough for me.

They got a few things in the works. Wouldn’t expect anything too big but this summer won’t just be Snell out, Daniels and two ways in either

But it ain’t Murray level big or anything close really

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I have no problem trading Jaxson or Graham, I just hope they're not planning on attaching an asset to dump either in a trade that brings in somebody else that won't project to get that many minutes.

The only thing I want is probably get a single FA. Maybe two if they ship out a bunch of guys

They got a few things in the works. Wouldn’t expect anything too big but this summer won’t just be Snell out, Daniels and two ways in either

Something more along the lines of the ideas you had in the OP?

Ideally move out Graham, Temple and Hayes
    Get back Luke Kennard or Cam Johnson type 3pt threat, I. STEWART from pistons and future asset and have 1 roster spot kinda open...
    AKA St. David

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I just need Temple and Graham gone.

Temple is just awful.

We are phasing out player profiles like Graham's, where they can only do one thing and are awful at another. He has no role on this team anymore, whatsoever.

I can take or leave Jax. NO way I would trade a 2nd to get him out of here when Isiah Stewart is just as MEH as he is.

With our scouting department killing it lately, those 2nd rounders are gold. Keep all of them.
    I agree with all of this. I never understood why we even had temple on this team. I also don?t see the negativity with Hayes as well. He did much better as a 4 for us. He may take another leap this year. I?m scared we get rid of him and it?s another Christian Wood scenario.
    I'm a grinder

The Franchise

Like to hear this and looking forward to it. This has been an exciting year thus far, let’s keep that momentum going!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I agree with all of this. I never understood why we even had temple on this team. I also don?t see the negativity with Hayes as well. He did much better as a 4 for us. He may take another leap this year. I?m scared we get rid of him and it?s another Christian Wood scenario.
    The same Christian Wood that has been on 7 teams in 8 years and has never contributed to any kind of winning?

Real life isnt NBA 2K. Stats aren't the be all/end all. This fan base is now so proud to point at the culture that is prevalent here. Well, that culture doesnt exist if not for Garrett Temple. When the team was terrible and Willie's message and hope weren't getting through on a night to night basis, Temple was the leader in the locker room that kept pushing the guys, and kept lifting them up. When CJ came, he took on that role and obviously did it with more talent on the court, but what Temple did for the first few months of camp and the season was invaluable.

Hayes has tons of talent but is an immature goofball with some off court issues. Odds are he will probably get it together one day and have some pretty good seasons on the court. But it wont be here, and thats fine. Its not all about stats and production. There is a reason that teams dont win with Wood's empty calorie stats, selfishness, and inability to set an alarm and ever be anywhere on time

Keep Hayes, trade Valanciunas at the 2024 trade deadline.

Front-court rotation in 1-2 years, not including future draft picks, trades and FA signings.

Williamson/Liddell
    Hayes/Nance Jr./Matkovic
    Last edited by JR SMITH; 06-26-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR SMITH View Post

Front-court rotation in 1-2 years, not including future draft picks, trades and FA signings.

Zion/Liddell
    Hayes/Nance/Matkovic
    You're assuming a lot of growth from Hayes in the next year to be paying him what an extension would probably cost, and to think he's 18 months away from starting significant games.

Williamson/Liddell
    Hayes/Nance Jr./Matkovic
    At this point Hayes has not shown that we can count on him for meaningful minutes. In addition, we will have to pay him and what it will cost you will not receive in production.

Williamson/Liddell
    Hayes/Nance Jr./Matkovic
    What has Hayes shown you that convinces you that he can be a regular 5 for this team?

I just want smart basketball players on this team. Not the ones that only care about posting IG videos after a bad loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What has Hayes shown you that convinces you that he can be a regular 5 for this team?
    I believe he can consistently produce and reach his potential based on when he's been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You're assuming a lot of growth from Hayes in the next year to be paying him what an extension would probably cost, and to think he's 18 months away from starting significant games.
    I believe in him.

I believe he can consistently produce and reach his potential based on when he's been good.
    Has he ever been good at the 5 though? You have him replacing JV. I just cannot see that at all. If anything, I think he has proven that he cannot play the 5 on a regular basis.

Thread Information