.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

  1. #1326
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's so funny that Zion has got this label attached to him as being ''unreal'' when it comes to bad defense, when the full season he played he wasn't even close to being the worst defender on the team.

    He's not a defensive plus right now - or at least, wasn't when he last played - that much is evident, but somehow that's morphed into this perception of him being the worst defender in basketball see which is insane. He isn't even the worst defender in our starting lineup, given that CJ McCollum exists.
    He’s closer to worst than best. By a lot

  2. #1327
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Bywater
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    You want to build a balanced TEAM, not just offense. Zion rim presence is unreal. How poo he is on defense is also unreal. The real complement to him would be a good, active, high energy, smart defender who can also hit an open 3 and make the extra pass as opposed to the guy who just hits 3 pointers.
    Herb Jones.

  3. #1328
    Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    He’s closer to worst than best. By a lot
    Yeah, you'll notice in the very comment you're responding to, I literally say ''he's not a defensive plus right now, that much is evident''. You don't need to confidence me that he's not an elite defender, I already conceded that he's *at best* neutral.
    Basketball.

  4. #1329
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Herb Jones.
    Right. You need more Herbs

  5. #1330
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Also…which one of you guys is the one running over to TigerDroppings under different user names and misquoting/misrepresenting what I type here? And what do you get out of that for my own curiosity?
    I admit to being half-guilty, as I have JUST started running back & forth...but as to the 2nd part of the accusation...NOT GUILTY !!

  6. #1331
    Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Right. You need more Herbs
    Who are you advocating for

  7. #1332
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He plays .5 basketball. If Willie could make a player in a lab, it would be Dyson Daniels
    Now I'm wondering if you've ever watched Dyson actually play. He doesn't do anything in half a second. He can't even get a shot off in half a second. He's an old school, deliberate ball player. If you want a .5 second guy, go watch Sochan play.

    Listen, it's very simple. It's not going to come down to Dyson vs. Mathurin. One or both of them are going to be gone by our pick. It's much more likely that the decision is going to be Mathurin vs. Sochan or Dyson vs. Sochan.

    I can't see Griffin drafting Sharpe. If he does, I'll stand up and give him a slow clap. Not because I'll like the pick, but because I'd be impressed at his ability to misdirect.

    If Griffin drafts Dieng or Griffin over Mathurin or Dyson or Sochan, I think I'd be sick. Fortunately I don't think that's going to happen.

    If Griffin is basically going to stand pat with his team from last year, including Jaxson Hayes, then I don't think he drafts Sochan. If they've already decided that Jaxson's not in their plans, then I think we're going to see Jaxson's replacement with Sochan. And hopefully Griffin has a plan via trade or free agency to get another shooter on the team.

    But regardless, if Sochan is the pick, just wait for the other shoe to drop.

  8. #1333
    Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Right. You need more Herbs
    I was thinking about that the other day. I would immediately take 2 more "Herbs" without question. And by the middle of next season...when Herb makes another "leap" in his overall game...I would make that "3 more Herbs" and I would not be worried about "redundancy" in the least. There is NO diminshing marginal utility...with "guys" like Herb. (OK...maybe I would NOT take 10 more Herbs...but you get the point)

  9. #1334
    1. Dyson
    1B Sharpe
    3. Sochan
    4.Dieng

  10. #1335
    Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Right. You need more Herbs
    We need more Herbs if we think they can eventually stop someone like Curry from going off for 30 plus a night during the playoffs. If the answer to that is no, then you need someone to help match his production


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #1336
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Also?which one of you guys is the one running over to TigerDroppings under different user names and misquoting/misrepresenting what I type here? And what do you get out of that for my own curiosity?
    Why you even lurking that cesspool of Klansmen...lol

  12. #1337
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    We need more Herbs if we think they can eventually stop someone like Curry from going off for 30 plus a night during the playoffs. If the answer to that is no, then you need someone to help match his production


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't get it. winning games 88-82 isn't sustainable success just like winning games 131-128 ain't either
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-22-2022 at 01:38 PM.

  13. #1338
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,698
    Not really worth arguing Mathurin versus Daniels. Doubtful there is a scenario that we have a choice between them. I am hoping we have one of them left at 8.

  14. #1339
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    We need more Herbs if we think they can eventually stop someone like Curry from going off for 30 plus a night during the playoffs. If the answer to that is no, then you need someone to help match his production


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Point taken...and nobody is gonna "stop" someone like Curry. But, jmo...IF we ever play GS in the playoffs, I wouldn't put Herb on Curry. I'd put Herb on Draymond. There would be benefits galore from NOT wasting Herb, by having him chase Curry all over the court and STILL being in the position of being neutralized... by ONE solid pick from Draymond. (And heaven help the guy that was guarding Draymond, if it's NOT Herb...and NOW has to pick up Curry)

  15. #1340
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why you even lurking that cesspool of Klansmen...lol
    I get texts from people whenever those dummies talk their mess about me
    @mcnamara247

  16. #1341
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not really worth arguing Mathurin versus Daniels. Doubtful there is a scenario that we have a choice between them. I am hoping we have one of them left at 8.
    It's an 8 man solid but not great draft and we get the last man.

    I'm kind of surprised that Mathurin stock is still high. Usually these honeymoon guys in March tend to cool off a bit.

    Man... This draft would of sucked if Spurs didn't pull that late season run.

  17. #1342
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,769
    Could Kyrie and Durant leaving Brooklyn alter trade negotiations for the 8th pick? Or is that likely to be along developing issue which wont impact the draft?

  18. #1343
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why you even lurking that cesspool of Klansmen...lol
    Cesspool of klansman. Heh.

  19. #1344
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    We need more Herbs if we think they can eventually stop someone like Curry from going off for 30 plus a night during the playoffs. If the answer to that is no, then you need someone to help match his production


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Match Steph Curry’s production??

  20. #1345
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not really worth arguing Mathurin versus Daniels. Doubtful there is a scenario that we have a choice between them. I am hoping we have one of them left at 8.
    If neither is left, then someone has dropped very neatly into our laps.

  21. #1346
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Now I'm wondering if you've ever watched Dyson actually play. He doesn't do anything in half a second. He can't even get a shot off in half a second. He's an old school, deliberate ball player. If you want a .5 second guy, go watch Sochan play.

    Listen, it's very simple. It's not going to come down to Dyson vs. Mathurin. One or both of them are going to be gone by our pick. It's much more likely that the decision is going to be Mathurin vs. Sochan or Dyson vs. Sochan.
    Lol oh brother. Idk how many times different people, including myself, with different sources on this site have to tell you guys that the Pels are not drafting Sochan over Daniels or Mathurin, unless people in the organization are just flat out lying about something that makes basically no difference. The Pels have serious questions about Sochan's long term viability on the offensive end

  22. #1347
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If neither is left, then someone has dropped very neatly into our laps.
    Probably Sharpe though.

  23. #1348
    How soon y’all wanna get rid of Jaxson? Before/on draft night? Deadline? Ride it out to free agency?

  24. #1349
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,698
    Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    How soon y’all wanna get rid of Jaxson? Before/on draft night? Deadline? Ride it out to free agency?
    Would think not sooner than deadline unless return is too good to pass up.

  25. #1350
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's an 8 man solid but not great draft and we get the last man.

    I'm kind of surprised that Mathurin stock is still high. Usually these honeymoon guys in March tend to cool off a bit.

    Man... This draft would of sucked if Spurs didn't pull that late season run.
    I look at it as a "7 1/2 man solid, but not great draft"...and I'm pretty sure those rascally Lakers, since they weren't getting the pick anyway...chose to lose JUST enough to put us... in the 8th spot...which, they knew, would cause the MAXIMUM level of stress and torment for Pels' fans.
    Last edited by The Dud; 06-22-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 10 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 10 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •