Pelicans Report

Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Well, it’s still a few days away. At this point in the process, there is no “Pelicans board”

Way this FO works is VERY collaborative. I don’t expect them to have a final board until Wednesday. Just looks like there are more guys universally loved but there is nobody who dislikes Sochan (unlike guys like Sharpe)
    Are they doing things the same as they normally do (pre-draft process)? or do you see anything different in the way they have done things in the past? That you can see...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dud View Post
    It was like the time I figured out there ain't no Santa Claus...when my favorite player of all time...on my favorite team of all time...suddenly brought Uncle Dennis into my life. Haven't looked at things quite the same...since then.
    Or when I learned wrestling was fake...

They play more games. In the past, they were just straight up. Now, they lead teams on, tease, etc

It?s like girls with a MySpace then vs girls with OnlyFans now. Back then, you ain?t in the Top 8, cool, you know where you stand. Hurts, but you can move on to the next. Now, they know how do keep these simps coming back, giving them just enough hope to make them think they got a chance and invest more resources.

At least that?s what I?ve been told lol
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Personally, I would happily take two more Herbs, maybe 3. Would you have challenges? Of course, but every roster does. Cant build the perfect one. Boston didnt have enough ballhandling. Golden State no real rim protection. But personally, I think that if you have enough IQ on the floor, they will figure out how to score more points than the other team. Thats the name of the game. Not to build this perfect roster on paper. Grab IQ, toughness, and culture fit and you can easily figure out the rest later. No way I would turn down more Herbs
    Sure. IQ, toughness, culture... all that stuff. But that wasn't the basis for the comparison to Herb. AJ Griffin and Johnny Davis are like Herb Jones if we're focusing on the IQ, toughness, and culture fit. But I still have questions about using a prime asset to add another plus defender with very limited offense.

They play more games. In the past, they were just straight up. Now, they lead teams on, tease, etc

It?s like girls with a MySpace then vs girls with OnlyFans now. Back then, you ain?t in the Top 8, cool, you know where you stand. Hurts, but you can move on to the next. Now, they know how do keep these simps coming back, giving them just enough hope to make them think they got a chance and invest more resources.

At least that?s what I?ve been told lol
    gotchu

Odds after recent intel:

Mathurin 5:2
    Daniels 4:1
    Trade down 6:1
    Dieng 12:1
    Griffin 15:1
    Sochan 20:1

Daniels or Mathurin. If both are there it?s Daniels. If both are gone, I honestly have no idea and I don?t think the team does either. There is some belief Dieng is gone at 9. So if you trade down to 12 and Sharpe and Dieng go 8 and 9, you could be in trouble if Sochan and Griffin go 10 and 11.

Just really don?t know what happens if the top 7 goes: Big 3, Ivey, Murray, Daniels, Mathurin
    I know many here are concerned Daniels could go before 8. Is the fact that Mathurin has only worked out for Detroit, Indy and Portland concerning that he may feel he also will be gone before 8?

Guys who have limited offense at 18 are the norm, not the exception. Has good ball handling, maybe great for his size. Finishes well. Good vision and offensive IQ. Again, it all comes back to the shot. But if we are talking 37 percent vs 32 even, at 3 attempts a game…. That’s 13 more makes a YEAR if he’s 37 percent vs 32. One more make every 6 games.

I just can’t possibly care that much about a single number. And I know the retort about it effecting how guys play him, but people are going to help off a 37 percent guy to stop 60+ percent at the rim Zion too. I can’t care so much about one number

For those interested... Bleacher's latest mock:

1. ORL: Jabari
    2. OKC: Chet
    3. HOU: Paolo
    4. SAC: Ivey
    5. DET: Murray
    6. IND: Maturin
    7. POR: Daniels
    8. NOP: Sharpe
    9. SAS: Duren
    10. WAS: Davis
    11. KYK: Branham
    12. OKC: Griffin
    13. CHA: Mark Williams
    14. CLE: Agbaji
    15. CHA: Sochan

They have Dieng going 17 to Houston.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-18-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I know many here are concerned Daniels could go before 8. Is the fact that Mathurin has only worked out for Detroit, Indy and Portland concerning that he may feel he also will be gone before 8?
    He killed it in a workout with Detroit. I am sure he and his people think he will go before us but they can’t be sure as all those teams are fluid. And they know that if he doesn’t, it’s not like teams won’t take him because he didn’t work out for them

Nowadays, they learn their basement and usually just work out above that. If it’s below the basement it’s because they love the fit or there is trade up potential

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    For those interested... Bleacher's latest mock:

1. ORL: Jabari
    2. OKC: Chet
    3. HOU: Paolo
    4. SAC: Ivey
    5. DET: Murray
    6. IND: Maturin
    7. POR: Daniels
    8. NOP: Sharpe
    9. SAS: Duren
    10. WAS: Davis
    I just can’t remember the last time the top 7 went chalk. Gonna be someone who jumps in it like Giddey last year. Seems like everyone has that 7 in some order now and history says one of those 7 won’t go top 7

I just can’t remember the last time the top 7 went chalk. Gonna be someone who jumps in it like Giddey last year. Seems like everyone has that 7 in some order now and history says one of those 7 won’t go top 7
    I guess all you need is one player to make that jump, but it seems Sharpe is the only guy that's a candidate to jump into that top 7. Him cancelling his workout with the Pels MIGHT signal a promise. But who knows... gonna be an interesting week.

That wasn’t the reason he canceled. And no, I can’t say more unfortunately

The Franchise
    If our guys ain’t there. Move back and grab more assets. I personally think we could get 2 good players at 13 and 15. Dieng, Sohan, Hardy, Eason, Agbaji or any other that could fall like Davis or Duren/Williams. My hope is Dieng and either Eason/Agbaji/Hardy.

That wasn’t the reason he canceled. And no, I can’t say more unfortunately
    We all know it was because Griffin wanted to make a work-out where he would sing while Griff played piano. His camp was affraid that his below average singing will drop him far into the late first round.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If our guys ain’t there. Move back and grab more assets. I personally think we could get 2 good players at 13 and 15. Dieng, Sohan, Hardy, Eason, Agbaji or any other that could fall like Davis or Duren/Williams. My hope is Dieng and either Eason/Agbaji/Hardy.
    Guys need reps to develop. How you getting TWO more guys reps. And Trey more reps. And Zion back in, and still seeing what you got with Kira, and Herb keeps his reps, etc

I don’t see it. You trade back, it should be for a future pick. Not another one this year IMO

I don't see Sharpe falling past Detroit or Murray falling past Indy. The top three are a lock to be there.

This really only leaves two clear cut chaos pick in Sacramento and Portland.... I have no idea what they are going to do.

Doesn’t have to be chaos. If Griffin or Duren, etc goes 7, not like it would be the wildest thing ever. It’s not Primo level

Doesn’t have to be chaos. If Griffin or Duren, etc goes 7, not like it would be the wildest thing ever. It’s not Primo level

If Portland keeps that pick. Sure.

Guys need reps to develop. How you getting TWO more guys reps. And Trey more reps. And Zion back in, and still seeing what you got with Kira, and Herb keeps his reps, etc

I don’t see it. You trade back, it should be for a future pick. Not another one this year IMO
    This is why I'm not high on Sochan. Don't see where his reps come from other than in G League.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This is why I'm not high on Sochan. Don't see where his reps come from other than in G League.
    I mean it’s the same thing with basically any player in this class for the Pels. None of these guys are going to be better than our top 9-10 this year

Assuming that Mathruin is gone before our pick, then I think the pick is going to be Sochan. And yes, even if Dyson and gasp Sharpe are available.

Pels could be considering multiple trades downs in this draft depending on how picks 9 thru 11 go, based on teams with strong interest in moving into the 12-15 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Assuming that Mathruin is gone before our pick, then I think the pick is going to be Sochan. And yes, even if Dyson and gasp Sharpe are available.
    Lol - If Daniels is there, they will SPRINT the card up to Silver

The crazy one who could be there is Murray. Sharpe and Daniels are the current hot trade up candidates. In a world where Ivey goes 4 and Mathurin 5, what if teams trade up to 6 and 7 for Daniels and Sharpe?

All of a sudden Murray is there

Murray is the one guy outside of the top 4 who could really help us this year. Great Zion insurance and allows you to explore deals for Jax more actively

Thread Information