.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

  1. #251
    Is Haliburton a diva? He and MANY others who are definitely not divas impacted where they went. Labeling every guy who tries to get himself in the best position for him a diva is too broad a stroke

    You are just used to this system, where a young man has no choice for his first job. But think of it anywhere else. You graduate law school and you dont pick your job, you are told where you will go. And maybe it is a terrible fit for your development. Too bad - you dont have a choice.

    The draft should be done away with, but that is a topic for another day. Labeling every guy who crosses off a few teams that are a bad fit a diva is a bad call IMO. Heck, HERB did it too. Several teams at the end of the first, he declined to work out for. Wanted New Orleans or one or two others. He a diva?
    @mcnamara247

  2. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Is Haliburton a diva? He and MANY others who are definitely not divas impacted where they went. Labeling every guy who tries to get himself in the best position for him a diva is too broad a stroke

    You are just used to this system, where a young man has no choice for his first job. But think of it anywhere else. You graduate law school and you dont pick your job, you are told where you will go. And maybe it is a terrible fit for your development. Too bad - you dont have a choice.

    The draft should be done away with, but that is a topic for another day. Labeling every guy who crosses off a few teams that are a bad fit a diva is a bad call IMO. Heck, HERB did it too. Several teams at the end of the first, he declined to work out for. Wanted New Orleans or one or two others. He a diva?
    I don't know if Sharpe is a diva or not. I do find it a little concerning his decision not to play a year at Kentucky.

  3. #253
    You should research that more…

  4. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You should research that more…
    Feel free to enlighten me. Just don't expect me to take Calipari's word for any of it.

  5. #255
    I want you to research. You seem like a smart, passionate dude but you develop strong takes before you really dig in.

    Challenge your takes and try to go against first instincts more. Dig deep and then develop a strong take. Just my 2 cents

  6. #256
    Ok here goes. I see someone who made a decision to protect his draft stock over the opportunity to better himself as a basketball player by playing one year at high level competitive basketball. And Calipari not wishing to risk offending other talented one and done divas that he actively recruits came out and lied and said that was the plan all along. That Sharpe would just inspire his "teamates" by virtue of his divine presence.

  7. #257
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,658
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I have watched enough NBA Draft to not say things like "no way X guy falls"

    There was no way Nerlens Noel or Ben McLemore would be on the board for us at 6 in 2013....they both were. No way Danny Granger or Kawhi would fall out of the top 10. Justice Winslow was gonna go either 4, 5, or 6. Just two years ago, there was no way Haliburton would fall out of the top 10. Almost every year, someone falls a bit. The AD year, Drummond was supposed to go top 6, maybe as high as #3

    The path to Sharpe falling to 8 would look something like:

    Top 3 guys go in whatever order
    Kings - Ivey
    Pistons - Murray
    Pacers - Daniels or Mathurin
    Blazers - Duren

    I wouldnt say that is IMPOSSIBLE. But as someone said, the thing you have to worry about most there is someone trading to 7 and getting him. Makes me wonder what it would take to get to #6. Guarantees you get one of Sharpe, Murray, or Ivey. Would you give up our own 2024 pick for that? I think thats about the max I would give up to swap with 6, and if say the draft goes like above and Indy knows Sharpe doesnt want to play there, why not grab an extra first and still get a Daniels or Mathurin or Sochan, etc?
    The one I see possibly "dropping" would be Murray. "Older" players seem more likely to drop on draft night.

  8. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The one I see possibly "dropping" would be Murray. "Older" players seem more likely to drop on draft night.
    I agree. Of the seemingly consensus top 6, I think he is the one most likely to be there at 8. And I think Griff would take him

  9. #259
    If Ousmane Dieng, Dyson Daniels nor Shaedon Sharpe are available at #8.

    NOLA

    #8

    CHA

    #13
    #15
    #45
    Right to swap 2023 1st or 2024 1st's.

    Two of Jeremy Sochan, Johnny Davis, Tari Eason, Ochai Agbaji, Jalen Duran, Malaki Branham and Nikola Jovic with #13 and #15.

    NOLA

    #41
    #45
    #47
    #52

    IND

    #31

    One of Kendall Brown, Wendell Moore Jr., Bryce McGowen, E.J. Liddell, Christian Braun, Marjon Beauchamp or Jake LaRavia with #31.

    Depth chart

    PG - McCollum / Alvarado / Lewis Jr. / Graham
    SG - Jones / #13 - Davis / #15 - Agbaji or Branham
    SF - Ingram / Murphy III / Marshall
    PF - Williamson / Hayes / Nance Jr.
    C - Valanciunas / #31 - Liddell / Hernangomez

    Staying at #8

    NOLA

    #41
    #47
    #52
    2023 2nd

    MIA

    #27

    PG - McCollum / Alvarado / Lewis Jr. / Graham
    SG - Jones / #8 - Mathurin / #27 - Moore Jr., McGowen
    SF - Ingram / Murphy III / #27 - LaRavia, Braun / Marshall
    PF - Williamson / Hayes / Nance Jr.
    C - Valanciunas / #27 - Liddell / Hernangomez
    Last edited by JR SMITH; 05-25-2022 at 05:24 PM.

  10. #260
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,753
    Quote Originally Posted by JR SMITH View Post
    If Ousmane Dieng, Dyson Daniels nor Shaedon Sharpe are available at #8.

    NOLA

    #8

    CHA

    #13
    #15
    #45
    Right to swap 2023 1st or 2024 1st's.
    What's the justification for Charlotte to trade into that spot if someone desirable isn't there?

  11. #261
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,658
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I agree. Of the seemingly consensus top 6, I think he is the one most likely to be there at 8. And I think Griff would take him
    That is what I kind of expect. Not sure how I feel about him.

  12. #262
    I'll say it again, Sharpe isn't falling to 8. All drafts aren't equal and all players aren't equal. I've seen no apples to apples comparisons that make any sense yet. From what I have seen, he's like a larger version of Damian Lillard. Who didn't fall but "rose" to the #6 pick.

    Players of his size, physical attributes, and overall skill level don't grow on trees and there are all kinds of smoke screens this time of year. Especially about attitude or medical history.

    I'm still of the opinion Mathurin is the best choice if he's still there at 8. Otherwise I'm all for trading the pick like they did last year. And trying to trade into the top 4 or 5 will not be worth what the Pelicans would have to give up.

  13. #263
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,658
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'll say it again, Sharpe isn't falling to 8. All drafts aren't equal and all players aren't equal. I've seen no apples to apples comparisons that make any sense yet. From what I have seen, he's like a larger version of Damian Lillard. Who didn't fall but "rose" to the #6 pick.

    Players of his size, physical attributes, and overall skill level don't grow on trees and there are all kinds of smoke screens this time of year. Especially about attitude or medical history.

    I'm still of the opinion Mathurin is the best choice if he's still there at 8. Otherwise I'm all for trading the pick like they did last year. And trying to trade into the top 4 or 5 will not be worth what the Pelicans would have to give up.
    Why would you want to trade the pick? To dump salary or acquire a future 1st? What is the incentive?

  14. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why would you want to trade the pick? To dump salary or acquire a future 1st? What is the incentive?
    If you've identified a player you really want, you go get them. Especially if you have very good intel you can get that player later in the draft.

    Would anyone in 2020, in hindsight, be mad if they traded #13 to drop back and take Maxey at #20?

    Or if it's an active NBA player then the #8 pick can be part of your ticket.

  15. #265
    There will be a player they love at 8. The question is, can they get a player they love at 11, or 12? Knowing the guys they love, I think it would be hard to go down much further than that, and get one. And saying that, there first course of action will be to try to trade up and I would expect to hear about them having calls with teams drafting higher than them in the next 2-3 weeks.

    This is where we thank the Lakers again for being so terrible. A great opportunity, that honestly, this franchise shouldnt have right now.

  16. #266
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,113
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There will be a player they love at 8. The question is, can they get a player they love at 11, or 12? Knowing the guys they love, I think it would be hard to go down much further than that, and get one. And saying that, there first course of action will be to try to trade up and I would expect to hear about them having calls with teams drafting higher than them in the next 2-3 weeks.

    This is where we thank the Lakers again for being so terrible. A great opportunity, that honestly, this franchise shouldnt have right now.
    Speaking of opportunity.
    Imagine if Kyle Lowry agreed to go to the Pels.

    They lucked out and got CJ and Nance instead.

    Sometimes as fans we are quick to point out the bad luck we have, but we equally have the same amount of dumb luck.

  17. #267
    And that is why I am ALWAYS talking about making your moves in season, as opposed to trying to solve all your roster problems in the summer. You get a better price and a better feel for what your team actually needs. Most people are trying to move Graham now, figure out something to do with Jax or Temple now, etc. Just wait. Let everyone else make panic moves and do overpays. Let Snell go, bring in the 8th pick, and then just see what happens as the season unfolds. Make that final move in February, if you even need to/want to

  18. #268
    What's the most surprising player Pels could draft? Imagine the reactions if they pick someone like Duren at 8, or trade up for... Paulo. Malaki Branham makes a late rise, etc.

  19. #269
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,113
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And that is why I am ALWAYS talking about making your moves in season, as opposed to trying to solve all your roster problems in the summer. You get a better price and a better feel for what your team actually needs. Most people are trying to move Graham now, figure out something to do with Jax or Temple now, etc. Just wait. Let everyone else make panic moves and do overpays. Let Snell go, bring in the 8th pick, and then just see what happens as the season unfolds. Make that final move in February, if you even need to/want to
    Exactly and history has shown to get anyone of significance to sign in NOLA willingly has to be an over pay.

  20. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    What's the most surprising player Pels could draft? Imagine the reactions if they pick someone like Duren at 8, or trade up for... Paulo. Malaki Branham makes a late rise, etc.
    It would have been Dieng but I spoiled that surprise. If they stay at 8, it wont be a surprise. It will be one of the guys we have discussed ad naseum, for better or worse

  21. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It would have been Dieng but I spoiled that surprise. If they stay at 8, it wont be a surprise. It will be one of the guys we have discussed ad naseum, for better or worse
    Yea Dieng would still be surprising, but you definitely made it seem even a realistic possibility when he seemed out of that range. 4 more weeks to wait and speculate.

  22. #272
    In terms of entertainment value, Sochan would be the most unique and fun. Herb and Sochan could anchor a top-10 defense themselves, with Jose making big impact, and hopefully Murphy. Adding Sochan would complete the team-identity shift to being a hard-nose, intimidating defensive team.

    Get teams frustrated on defense, then on the other end, they have Zion, Ingram, CJ, Jonas attacking on offense. Good luck, professional basketball league.

  23. #273
    Yeah, I said a few weeks ago -- add Sochan and become a modern version of the Bad Boys Pistons. Just a bunch of tough, defensive, long guys along with some volume scorers. Sochan, Nance, Herb, and Murphy are Rodman, Salley, Mahorn, and Aguirre. Zion is Isaiah, BI is Dumars, CJ becomes Microwave. Jonas is Laimbeer without the cry baby part. Would be awesome

  24. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, I said a few weeks ago -- add Sochan and become a modern version of the Bad Boys Pistons. Just a bunch of tough, defensive, long guys along with some volume scorers. Sochan, Nance, Herb, and Murphy are Rodman, Salley, Mahorn, and Aguirre. Zion is Isaiah, BI is Dumars, CJ becomes Microwave. Jonas is Laimbeer without the cry baby part. Would be awesome
    Would be awesome to see it play out that way. So many ways it could go.

    Fanspo mock draft creator:
    https://fanspo.com/nba/s/pelicans/mo...eFBt8yug/mock7

    I have Daniels going to 4, Murray sliding to 7, Sochan at 8. Still too early with moving parts a month out, but fun.

  25. #275
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,658
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And that is why I am ALWAYS talking about making your moves in season, as opposed to trying to solve all your roster problems in the summer. You get a better price and a better feel for what your team actually needs. Most people are trying to move Graham now, figure out something to do with Jax or Temple now, etc. Just wait. Let everyone else make panic moves and do overpays. Let Snell go, bring in the 8th pick, and then just see what happens as the season unfolds. Make that final move in February, if you even need to/want to
    Have to agree. No need to rush/force those moves now. The salary crunch is not next season, but the one after.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •