Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am genuinely asking because I have never understood - what does the 'chip do re: joy, happiness, etc? People will say its a fantastic feeling when it happens and "banners fly forever" etc, but I just dont buy that. I think the joy comes from seeing the guys evolve and grind and run into walls one year, then jump over them the next, hit a new wall and then finally overcome to win. But its the players you connect with, that you see come up and root for and feel their failures, and then the joy comes from their success.

Yes, the franchise itself winning is awesome but I just dont believe that it would have been blissful if the Saints traded away Brees for a mercenary season of Favre and won it that way in 2010. But maybe that is just me getting older and finding the joy in the humans and the process, and not the end result as much
    Damn right, we don't want that frontrunner anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Maybe you will learn from McNamara if you can’t learn from me. I called this trade from day one. I tried to mix in a Pelicans trade for Murray. You got bent.

It is what it is . Spurs are tanking. Less worry for us.

Carry on
    Your trade isn't even loading on that page. Who. Knows what you you jammed in there

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not sure why. If the Nets have Kyrie still (plausible) and they still have Ben Simmons, and they acquire Ayton and possibly Bridges, why would they sell off high value players? They just acquired Royce O'Neale for a 1st rounder, that's an indicator that they're not looking to go on a firesale.
    I see the logic, but all that’s assuming he’s traded to the suns and kyrie stays. I’m of the mind that he goes somewhere other than phx and kyrie wants to leave regardless

Season Ticket Holder
    I am genuinely asking because I have never understood - what does the 'chip do re: joy, happiness, etc? People will say its a fantastic feeling when it happens and "banners fly forever" etc, but I just dont buy that. I think the joy comes from seeing the guys evolve and grind and run into walls one year, then jump over them the next, hit a new wall and then finally overcome to win. But its the players you connect with, that you see come up and root for and feel their failures, and then the joy comes from their success.

Yes, the franchise itself winning is awesome but I just dont believe that it would have been blissful if the Saints traded away Brees for a mercenary season of Favre and won it that way in 2010. But maybe that is just me getting older and finding the joy in the humans and the process, and not the end result as much
    I agree with this 100%, but different people find joy in different things. If some people want a "mercenary" championship then they just have different priorities.

Personally, I don't want Durant. I want to see this team grow together. I don't want to trade any of CJ/BI/Zion/Herb. I don't want to blow up our salary cap situation where we can't afford our role players. Its pretty clear Griff feels the same way. But we'll see what they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I agree with this 100%, but different people find joy in different things. If some people want a "mercenary" championship then they just have different priorities.

Personally, I don't want Durant. I want to see this team grow together. I don't want to trade any of CJ/BI/Zion/Herb. I don't want to blow up our salary cap situation where we can't afford our role players. Its pretty clear Griff feels the same way. But we'll see what they do!
    And I am trying to understand that joy, not condemn it. Like I personally wouldnt have gotten much/any joy from a 2020 Lakers type title. I actually think the joy is from being able to give the middle finger to the fans of rival teams. Sincerely, I do. I think that is a lot of sports joy nowadays. Analysts pick your team to lose, fans of other teams talk trash and hate on moves, etc and then you win and the "bragging rights" from winning is where the joy is found - or better yet, lack of not having bragging rights and having to hear it.

I think the pure, true joy comes from what I described above. But I think some Pels fans are just so tired of hearing they are a joke of a franchise, they will never win, etc and the joy will be from being able to cast middle fingers at all those people and all those narratives.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's having a tantrum because he thinks its unfair nobody is congratulating him for breaking a trade that happened multiple days ago. Just ignore him.
    Look in the mirror. I told you he was being traded weeks ago.

Maybe you will learn from McNamara if you can?t learn from me. I called this trade from day one. I tried to mix in a Pelicans trade for Murray. You got bent.

It is what it is . Spurs are tanking. Less worry for us.

Carry on
    Dude the Pels never had a shot at Murray. They would never trade interdivision. That's why you got roasted

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    I see the logic, but all that’s assuming he’s traded to the suns and kyrie stays. I’m of the mind that he goes somewhere other than phx and kyrie wants to leave regardless
    The Nets own ZERO of their 1st round picks until 2027. They're trying to build a playoff team, not a tankathon team

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Dude the Pels never had a shot at Murray. They would never trade interdivision. That's why you got roasted
    Looks at Steven Adams

Keep on roasting

Looks at Steven Adams
    Lol ok it's not worth the argument

Lol ok it's not worth the argument
    I love roast too.

These guys are not cool

These guys are not cool

Not a good look. KD still soft as cotton. Also, sources tell me that Ben Simmons may have re-injured his back (j/k).

I am fascinated by humans who continually are involved in high drama situations and refuse to see the one common denominator (themselves) in every situation. Imagine how dilusional you have to be to bounce around like that and think everyone else is wrong. Those type of people fascinate me more than serial killers. Would like to do an NBA MindHunter show

These guys are not cool
    Just hope they do not team up on Lakers (AD, RW and multiple 1sts for KI and KD?)

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    with KD we have a legit title chance.. gotta try if it's available
    No you don't. You have a couple names and a gutted roster.

Stop this insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I hate this mindset. I want a chip.

But that's beyond the point. KD is going to Pheonix. Ayton is the best player on the table.
    This fanbase would rather make the playoffs as a 7th-10th seed that gets dismissed in the first round in 6 games for 10 years straight than be an actual title contender for 3

Bro I'm terrified we are about to gut this team for KD. David Griffin not being at the rookies press conference is scarring the hell outta me. Do not want KD.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I am fascinated by humans who continually are involved in high drama situations and refuse to see the one common denominator (themselves) in every situation. Imagine how dilusional you have to be to bounce around like that and think everyone else is wrong. Those type of people fascinate me more than serial killers. Would like to do an NBA MindHunter show
    Mind hunter was a fascinating show.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Bro I'm terrified we are about to gut this team for KD. David Griffin not being at the rookies press conference is scarring the hell outta me. Do not want KD.
    He was never going. We knew days before he wouldnt be there. Has nothing to do with KD. Y'all need to relax. Debate crazy hypotheticals if you want, lord knows I think that is fun sometimes, but in reality you guys dont have to worry about that

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    This fanbase would rather make the playoffs as a 7th-10th seed that gets dismissed in the first round in 6 games for 10 years straight than be an actual title contender for 3
    If you think this team, as constructed now, is a 7th - 10th seed, then that's your problem.

Your problem shouldn't mean going after a 34 year old player that failed with a money-bag franchise in Brookyln.

People assume KD makes us win a ring. Where's Brooklyn's?

Another confirmation
    Basketball.

I think that is a poor strawman. The fan base clearly thinks the next Warriors is being built internally and they dont want to do away with that. Now, we can debate how truly bright the Pels future is, but the fact remains that this fan base thinks internal growth will lead to a title contender very soon. They do not see 7-10 seed.

When a fanbase is so desperate for mediocrity... They would be happy with anything till they get embarrassed with yearly 1st round exits. Regardless if they want to be honest or not... Winning raise standards. They'll be the 1st ones to yell for a rebuild.

Even then, KD is not the answer.

Thread Information