Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: April 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Phoenix Suns - GAME 6 - 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Took a once in a lifetime game from CP3 to stop this going to game 7.
    This is disrespectful to CP3 imo he’s done this before especially in closeout games. Just two of many examples below

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401337338

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401332966

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    To be fair cp3 torched everyone tonight
    He didn't really torch anyone specifically. He's good at operating out of picks, when his teammate has created space for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Just don't be too surprised if Griffin pulls the trigger on a trade.
    I'd be beyond shocked enough to question if I took the red pill.

I am... agreeing? With SAS?

What?
    Basketball.

If im bi im going in the offseason and work really hard on my 3 ball and defense...

One big that i would love to have here is bobby portis

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    If im bi im going in the offseason and work really hard on my 3 ball and defense...

One big that i would love to have here is bobby portis
    Whose minutes do you give to Portis?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yea, cause I actually like Nance over Portis. Even though he'd be a solid piece.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    This is disrespectful to CP3 imo he?s done this before especially in closeout games. Just two of many examples below

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401337338

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401332966
    Neither of those did he go perfect from the field. His 14-14 is most consecutive shots made in a playoff game in HISTORY. At least since they started keeping the stats in 1997. Try again.

Such a catch 22 w/ Willie, he helped us get to where we are but he also hurt us w/ bad rotations and adjustments. Again, he may need to talk to some other coaches and do alot of homework this offseason to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Proud of the team.

Willie's gotta get better as a coach esp w/ adjustments and rotations.
    CJ has to be the 3rd guy b/c he clearly can't be the #2.
    Gotta work w/ Jax or get rid of him.
    Gotta get rid of Devonte and get a true pg who can facilitate.

I agree!! Especially with your third and fourth point.

One thing they can't do is just think they can waltz into next year just off this season's momentum. It doesn't work that way.

Everybody has things they need to improve on, including Willie.

And if the FO thinks they can upgrade any position (yes including Larry Nance) you do it.

Such a catch 22 w/ Willie, he helped us get to where we are but he also hurt us w/ bad rotations and adjustments. Again, he may need to talk to some other coaches and do alot of homework this offseason to get better.
    And I'm sure he will. This is his FIRST season as a head coach. If anyone had told us in October that we'd start the season 3-16, but we'd make and win the playin, and we'd take the top team in the league to six games, while playing three rookies major minutes, no one would have believed them.

What?
    Wow. He finally said something nice about us.

Also notice how the media is turning and most are saying Zion would be a fool to leave this team b/c honestly he would have to start from scratch somewhere else.

Just to state how much trust Willie had in the three rookies, they played 93 of 240 minutes today, and 464 combined minutes for the series. The second most minutes by rookies in the first row was Toronto, with 103.

Can't really agree with you here. Aside from trusting Graham he didn't do much wrong. We hung with the -CLEARLY- best team in the NBA. Go read the Suns' fans comments on other forums about us. They were sweating and did not want to play us and have nothing but respect for the fight this team put up.

Willie gonna keep doing what he does. Get some more growth from Hayes/Murphy.

I know everyone is disappointed in CJ but he was guarded by Bridges most the series who's way longer and got 2nd in DPOY voting, like, give the guy a break.

What?
    When it comes to these clowns, including our local bozos who joined in the fray (nola.com in particular), never forget.

Nance definitely stays, zion of course gets his and val... that's the only problem no minutes to really give out anymore...he would be a nice fit though as he can defend rebound and hit the 3 ball.. val in the playoffs can easily get exploited though, lucky we didn't face the mavs grizz warriors who would feast on him

We played an UNDRAFTED rookie 31 minutes in an ELIMINATION game. Just think about that for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I agree!! Especially with your third and fourth point.
    I will also add get another reliable 3pt shooter. Someone we can trust to always make it.

And the draft is in less than 2 months!!!
    I hope a ping-pong ball bounces our way, first.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Just to state how much trust Willie had in the three rookies, they played 93 of 240 minutes today, and 464 combined minutes for the series. The second most minutes by rookies in the first row was Toronto, with 103.
    Plus, I'm not worried at all about these rookies going forward. They're all gonna work on their games and come back even better.

Jax tho, I'm a bit worried about him. CJ in the playoffs I'm a bit worried about as well. (Gotta figure that out).

Will be interesting to see what griff does in the offseason

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    We played an UNDRAFTED rookie 31 minutes in an ELIMINATION game. Just think about that for a moment.
    We played 6 games. 6 games = 288 total minutes of basketball in this series.

Of those 288 minutes

Trey: 120 minutes
    Jose: 117 minutes
    Herb: 227 minutes.

All three of those, particularly Herb, are huge minute allocations for rookies. And every one of those minutes was earned. In fact, in the case of Trey and Alvarado, there's a strong argument to be made that they should each have played more. Herb, I'm not sure how you give him more without his legs falling off - even Ingram only played 236 minutes, and he led the team in minutes in this series.

The Franchise
    Plus, I'm not worried at all about these rookies going forward. They're all gonna work on their games and come back even better.

Jax tho, I'm a bit worried about him. CJ in the playoffs I'm a bit worried about as well. (Gotta figure that out).
    We may not have to worry about CJ in the clutch with Zion and Ingram on the floor. In addition to a solid point guard.

Wonder when we get out first Zion interview heck

Thread Information