Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Please don't boo Chris Paul

I don’t understand how you can hate on this man unless you’re a relatively new fan who wasn’t around back when he was here.

I can actually see him signing with the Pelicans after his contract is up with the Suns and retiring here…he loves this city, fans and coach more than anything. His game looks like it’s gonna age very gracefully if he’s capable of putting up 14/14 shooting in the playoffs at age 37. Would be a great guy for Ingram and Zion to learn from.

I can respect his game, but still not like his style. He could be every bit as good as he is, without the cheap shots. And you don't get a reputation like he has unless its deserved. He's earned that over years of cheap shots. They're unnecessary and they disrespect the game.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I can respect his game, but still not like his style. He could be every bit as good as he is, without the cheap shots. And you don't get a reputation like he has unless its deserved. He's earned that over years of cheap shots. They're unnecessary and they disrespect the game.
    I fart on the "disrespecting the game" stuff. Good people don't kick others in the nuts. Full stop. I don't care about the context.

Love that competitive spirit! You know both Alvarado and CP3 don’t wanna give an inch to each other…and this type of attitude is why Jose will be a special one in this league as well! Way more than just an energy guy, just let him develop!

Well now. Glad to know New Orleans always was a basketball city.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post

I don’t understand how you can hate on this man unless you’re a relatively new fan who wasn’t around back when he was here.

I can actually see him signing with the Pelicans after his contract is up with the Suns and retiring here…he loves this city, fans and coach more than anything. His game looks like it’s gonna age very gracefully if he’s capable of putting up 14/14 shooting in the playoffs at age 37. Would be a great guy for Ingram and Zion to learn from.

I would see him as a heel role going back to face role in basketball. If you watch wrestling you know what I’m talking about. CP3 plays the Ric Flair role well. Maybe he does want to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    I fart on the "disrespecting the game" stuff. Good people don't kick others in the nuts. Full stop. I don't care about the context.
    I agree. Once you intentionally kick or punch another guy in the nuts for a competitive advantage I look at you a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I agree. Once you intentionally kick or punch another guy in the nuts for a competitive advantage I look at you a bit differently.
    I agree as well. My point was, he doesn't need to do what he does to be a great player. He diminishes his own achievements with the dirty play. Its why I hope that ultimately he doesn't win a ring. He's got the individual records. He just doesn't deserve a ring.

I hope that CP3 plays another 10 years, and in those 10 years I hope he never wins a title.

I won?t wish injury on the man, just the fate of Sisyphus.

Booker on the other hand, I hope that guy gets his by rogue mascots. He?s pretty tough when mascots aren?t around.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

CP3 is an all-time great, still the best Pelican/Hornet of all time, will retire as a top 3 point guard, top 20-25 player of all time, and will retire top 3 in steals and assists. One of the best midrange shooters of all time, one of the best handles of all time, one of the best passers of all time. He should have had an MVP but was robbed for it. Dude's legacy is cemented, championship or not. Sure that would be the icing on the cake but anyone who doubts his excellence and all time impact on the game just doesn't know basketball.
    Basketball.

No doubt CP3 is an all time great. Also, no doubt CP3 is dirty McGurt on the court. Both can be true.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    No doubt CP3 is an all time great. Also, no doubt CP3 is dirty McGurt on the court. Both can be true.
    Sure, my response is only dealing with the no chips issue. Tons of the all time greats have been/are somewhat dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sure, my response is only dealing with the no chips issue. Tons of the all time greats have been/are somewhat dirty.
    #NotMyTimmy

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    #NotMyTimmy
    If Tim Duncan was an MMA fighter, he would be Georges St Pierre.

Won a huge amount, set records for winning, avenged losses, champion level for well over a decade, no real trash talk reputation, clean player (GSP never popped for roids, Duncan wasn't notably dirty compared to other players and didn't have off-court drama), but also considered by casuals to be kinda boring at times.

If Draymond Green got a Flagrant 2 for what he did to Brandon Clark, Chris Paul should have been cooling his butt in Central Lockup on Broad Street, booked on Assault and Battery for what he did to Herb Jones last Sunday Night.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If Draymond Green got a Flagrant 2 for what he did to Brandon Clark, Chris Paul should have been cooling his butt in Central Lockup on Broad Street, booked on Assault and Battery for what he did to Herb Jones last Sunday Night.
    Agree. Absolutely ridiculous. As AD always said, the refs need to be consistent and they are far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That’s fine, I would just prefer he not win a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Let's not boo Chris Paul unless he punches someone in the balls. Let's show everyone how classy we are.
    I think we boo just about everyone...its not personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I think we boo just about everyone...its not personal.
    But of course, we’re New Orleans. In football we celebrate 28-3 as much (if not more) than our own team’s Super Bowl win. Petty is in our blood.

I hope Monty wins a title the year after CP3 leaves.

In football we celebrate 28-3 as much (if not more) than our own team’s Super Bowl win.
    Not the case.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We don't celebrate it as much as we find it very funny and excellent petty fodder.

I hope that CP3 plays another 10 years, and in those 10 years I hope he never wins a title.

I won?t wish injury on the man, just the fate of Sisyphus.

Booker on the other hand, I hope that guy gets his by rogue mascots. He?s pretty tough when mascots aren?t around.
    That’s fine, I would just prefer he not win a title.
    If your reasoning for preferring that CP3 never win a title is being dirty player then how does Draymond Green deserve a title? He’s won just once but three titles. Arguably the dirtiest player to ever play basketball in the NBA.

If your reasoning for preferring that CP3 never win a title is being dirty player then how does Draymond Green deserve a title? He’s won just once but three titles. Arguably the dirtiest player to ever play basketball in the NBA.
    Who said I want Draymond to win a title?

Being petty is in the New Orleans blood, asking a New Orleanian not to boo CP3 would be like asking the sun not to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not the case.
    Be honest, what do you remembered more, 28-3, or 31-17?

The dirtiest player to ever play in the NBA? How old are you/when did you start watching basketball?

Thread Information