.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 352

Thread: Pelicans Centric 2022 Top-10 Prospects

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    MM apparently has a thing for Dyson Daniels.... with me, its Shaedon Sharpe....

    After reading this i checked out Dyson Daniels cause ive only read scouting reports and such as opposed to watching him play.

    Straight up... the dude is impressive. I cant help but say i think he will wind up better than ..... keegan murray, and johnny davis for example.

    im impressed. serious coordination displayed on some of his drives, great passer and an elite athlete..... read that he's actually about 6'8" now too.

    Id be happy with him with our pick, unless its a top 3

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    MM apparently has a thing for Dyson Daniels.... with me, its Shaedon Sharpe....
    It's funny because these are the two guys that I fear the most to see end up in the pels. Sharpe never played organized basketball by sitting the while year and Daniels give me Lonzo's vibes with his inability to shoot and to turn down rythm shot.

    Especially if there's Davis (defensive player and mid-range assassin, perfect match for Green's gameplan) and Mathurin ( great mix of experience and upside, no sallient flaw) available.

    If we stay put at 8, 9 or 10, drafting a combination of Davis or Mathurin in the 1st round and Trevor Keels or Christian Braun or Hugo Besson in the 2nd would be a good draft day for me.

  3. #203
    I haven't moved much on my top 10, but have heard some character things about some guys as execs are talking more to players and agents ahead of the combine next week. Apparently, Paolo is off the charts IQ and maturity wise. I think we will look back and see that Duke held him back, with regard to defensive growth and space for playmaking. It's just so hard to place him for the Pelicans because of the cornerstones on this team. On a blank roster, I would take him over Jabari so fast. Wouldnt even think about it. But for current fit, Jabari is clearly the better choice for the current roster. That said, YOU NEVER DRAFT FOR FIT IN TOP 5.

    1. Chet
    2. Paolo
    3. Sharpe
    4. Jabari
    5. Ivey
    6. Murray
    7. Daniels
    8. Sochan
    9. Mathurin
    10. Griffin

    I think the toughest for me is Sochan vs Mathurin. Of course Mathurin has far more offensive upside but what is he guaranteed to give you at an above average level in a playoff game where his shot isnt falling? Maybe rebounding? But he isnt giving you good defense, or playmaking. And its not like he is such a knockdown shooter that his gravity is helping that much. Meanwhile, I think Sochan is going to help in every single game. He is gonna draw charges, he is gonna rebound and get steals, he will be a secondary playmaker, get extra possessions for you, defend every position

    My new comp for him is Joakim Noah. That annoying dog on the other team that does whatever is needed. Can run offense through him at times, can guard whoever, and brings energy to every possession. I know Mathurin will be the consensus fan pick if Pels get 8 or 9. I will be team Daniels or Sochan, but of course wont be disappointed with Mathurin
    @mcnamara247

  4. #204
    I see Sharpe moved above Ivey and Smith. His measurables too unique to pass up?

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I haven't moved much on my top 10, but have heard some character things about some guys as execs are talking more to players and agents ahead of the combine next week. Apparently, Paolo is off the charts IQ and maturity wise. I think we will look back and see that Duke held him back, with regard to defensive growth and space for playmaking. It's just so hard to place him for the Pelicans because of the cornerstones on this team. On a blank roster, I would take him over Jabari so fast. Wouldnt even think about it. But for current fit, Jabari is clearly the better choice for the current roster. That said, YOU NEVER DRAFT FOR FIT IN TOP 5.
    How many other lotto teams do you think would have Jabari above either/both Chet and Paolo?

  6. #206
    Back Door Man RUFshreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    2,571
    Does Griff and the FO still have Jabari at the top of their board?

  7. #207
    The other day i moved dyson daniels up into my top ten. Today I simply have to put Blake Weseley in there also.

    For those who think Ivey would be a good pick at 3 or 4 how can you not like Wesley at 8th? His stride getting downcourt in insane, he's also an elite athlete and he put up better numbers than ivey did as a freshman and would undoubtedly put up better numbers if he played as a sophmore

    if you havn't watched him do so. he's even a bit more fluid than ivey imo

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3

  8. #208
    I hope we stay at 8th, because there is are a lot of good options.

  9. #209
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I hope we stay at 8th, because there is are a lot of good options.
    But there are better options in the top 4 though.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But there are better options in the top 4 though.
    I don't think we'll get top 4. I just don't want to fall to 9th or 10th.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I don't think we'll get top 4. I just don't want to fall to 9th or 10th.
    Yea there seems to be a big dropoff after 8th. AJ Griffin and Bennedict Mathurin seem to be the consensus top two (potentially) elite wings, and i don't think I've seen a mock draft board where either are still available after the 8th pick.

  12. #212
    Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Yea there seems to be a big dropoff after 8th. AJ Griffin and Bennedict Mathurin seem to be the consensus top two (potentially) elite wings, and i don't think I've seen a mock draft board where either are still available after the 8th pick.
    I disagree a bit. I think the drop comes after 10, so we are in good shape.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I disagree a bit. I think the drop comes after 10, so we are in good shape.
    I think I think drop off tiers go 1-3, 4-7, 8-11.

  14. #214
    Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think I think drop off tiers go 1-3, 4-7, 8-11.
    That’s probably where I would go. Who do you have in 8-11? I’m assuming Duren is in there, who I don’t have in line.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    That’s probably where I would go. Who do you have in 8-11? I’m assuming Duren is in there, who I don’t have in line.
    I actually am not high on Duren. He doesn't exactly fit in my opinion. I rather get a rim protector in FA or trade. I want to draft someone with 3 level scoring and good size. I see people trying to overload defense with more defense, but I think you need to find another big bucket getter.

  16. #216
    My 8-11 is probably

    Bennedict MAthurin
    Dyson Daniels
    Jeremy Sochan
    JOhnny Davis

  17. #217
    The Jalen Duren vs. Mark Williams debate is fun to watch tho.

  18. #218
    AS much fans hate drafting older players... Pelicans have been hitting on them big time. So, I can dig Johnny Davis and Mark Williams if they decided to trade back to say... OKC 12th...

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I haven't moved much on my top 10, but have heard some character things about some guys as execs are talking more to players and agents ahead of the combine next week. Apparently, Paolo is off the charts IQ and maturity wise. I think we will look back and see that Duke held him back, with regard to defensive growth and space for playmaking. It's just so hard to place him for the Pelicans because of the cornerstones on this team. On a blank roster, I would take him over Jabari so fast. Wouldnt even think about it. But for current fit, Jabari is clearly the better choice for the current roster. That said, YOU NEVER DRAFT FOR FIT IN TOP 5.

    1. Chet
    2. Paolo
    3. Sharpe
    4. Jabari
    5. Ivey
    6. Murray
    7. Daniels
    8. Sochan
    9. Mathurin
    10. Griffin

    I think the toughest for me is Sochan vs Mathurin. Of course Mathurin has far more offensive upside but what is he guaranteed to give you at an above average level in a playoff game where his shot isnt falling? Maybe rebounding? But he isnt giving you good defense, or playmaking. And its not like he is such a knockdown shooter that his gravity is helping that much. Meanwhile, I think Sochan is going to help in every single game. He is gonna draw charges, he is gonna rebound and get steals, he will be a secondary playmaker, get extra possessions for you, defend every position

    My new comp for him is Joakim Noah. That annoying dog on the other team that does whatever is needed. Can run offense through him at times, can guard whoever, and brings energy to every possession. I know Mathurin will be the consensus fan pick if Pels get 8 or 9. I will be team Daniels or Sochan, but of course wont be disappointed with Mathurin
    I'm assuming the character thing is towards Jalen Duren ?
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  20. #220
    If Fred can see how to fix his jumper, he's our guy.

    Tall facilitator, can drive/create/finish around the rim, unselfish, defensively sound/good. This is the type of guy I've been talking about just he doesn't have a solid 3 ball. I'd say he's worth a gamble as that touch and court vision is harder to coach than changing shot mechanics slightly.

    Has a tiny bit of CJ's craftiness mixed with a LOT of rich mans Kyle Anderson potential.


  21. #221
    Daniels jumper is fine. His legs aren't built up yet so it lands short but look at the form - its beautiful.

    And for the millionth time, the Fred Vinson fixes jumpers narrative is just statistically not true. Far more guys shoot better outside of New Orleans than in New Orleans. Look at Kenrich Williams, Jrue Holiday, and countless others. Julius Randle shot way better once he got to NY. But yes, 2 or 3 guys had percentages jump and since they were high profile guys, Vinson got that narrative out there and everyone repeated it. But the objective data shows that if you REALLY wanna become a good shooter, leave New Orleans and go to some other team with a shooting coach who nobody else has heard of (because they dont leak things to the press and then get their back scratched for it)

    Anyway, back to draft.......lottery on Tuesday!

  22. #222
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I don't think we'll get top 4. I just don't want to fall to 9th or 10th.
    Got it. Still holding out hope until it is not possible any more.

  23. #223
    Season Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Bywater
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Daniels jumper is fine. His legs aren't built up yet so it lands short but look at the form - its beautiful.

    And for the millionth time, the Fred Vinson fixes jumpers narrative is just statistically not true. Far more guys shoot better outside of New Orleans than in New Orleans. Look at Kenrich Williams, Jrue Holiday, and countless others. Julius Randle shot way better once he got to NY. But yes, 2 or 3 guys had percentages jump and since they were high profile guys, Vinson got that narrative out there and everyone repeated it. But the objective data shows that if you REALLY wanna become a good shooter, leave New Orleans and go to some other team with a shooting coach who nobody else has heard of (because they dont leak things to the press and then get their back scratched for it)

    Anyway, back to draft.......lottery on Tuesday!
    Anyone that can fix Lonzo's shot is a miracle worker. Your Vinson slander is funny, but ultimately wrong. Guys shooting better after they leave Pels is not a commentary on Vinson. That's just a logical fallacy. We don't know who Vinson worked with and who he didn't. We don't know if guys who left New Orleans found "better" shooting coaches in their new locales.

  24. #224
    Many of us do know. And I dont "slander" him. I am always about a balanced narrative. And the narrative on him is he is a God, and can fix any shot.

    If the narrative was "Everyone always gets better when they leave and Vinson never helps anyone" then I would point out Lonzo's stand still 3 pt shooting, Ingram's FT's, etc

    Thats how balance works. But go ahead and find anyone other than me who has ever pointed out the not so great on Vinson. You wont. And as a result, our fans seem to think you can just go grab any guy with a broken jumper and the god Vinson shall save him. Which just isnt true by any measure. He CAN, maybe. But it isnt a definite by any measure.

  25. #225
    The question remains as to why the brass is overlooking Daniels

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •