.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44

Thread: Chuck & Shaq Hit Zion Again!

  1. #1

    Chuck & Shaq Hit Zion Again!

    At this point it feels like national media is dog piling on Zion about his weight and you can?t even say for sure that it caused his foot injury. Still, we don?t have a Moses Malone on this team. Maybe hearing it from guys like Chuck and Shaq will get through to Zion.

    Chuck says he flat out cried when Malone told him he was ?fat and lazy.? But it changed his mindset in a way that hearing the same thing from others had not. Particularly hope Zion heard what the guys said about the people around you not telling you hard truths because you ?pay all the bills? when you?re a star and how success can trick you into thinking you don?t have to change anything. Worth watching?. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMsrrfabD3A

  2. #2
    You couldn't have posted this in one of the 50 thousand existing Zion threads?

  3. #3
    I could have but I didn’t. It’s not like we’ve got some over abundance of threads around here…

  4. #4
    Just heard this question posed.....

    If the Cavs called and offered you Evan Mobley and Sexton for zion..... do you take it?

  5. #5
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,940
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Just heard this question posed.....

    If the Cavs called and offered you Evan Mobley and Sexton for zion..... do you take it?
    Absolutely...and not look back.
    The most important ABILITY that a player must demonstrate in order to claim "Superstar Status" is AVAILABILITY!!

  6. #6
    RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Uptown 3rd Ward
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Just heard this question posed.....

    If the Cavs called and offered you Evan Mobley and Sexton for zion..... do you take it?
    100% yes

  7. #7
    A lineup of JV, Mobley, BI, Herb, and Sexton would be great.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  8. #8
    If it tastes good spit it out

    That is so true if you need to lose weight.

  9. #9
    Chuck didn’t say anything that wasn’t true in that segment. From the folks around you aren’t going to tell you what you need to hear, to who is supposed to be the Moses Malone for Zion? It’s a crap situation.

  10. #10
    Chuck assumed Zion is overweight. Chuck assumed Zion is lazy. Chuck assumed Zion has NOBODY in his ear about what he needs to do. With absolutely nothing to back any of that up.

    Chuck said beignets are just hard and dirty donuts.

    Seems like Chuck doing what he usually does. Be extremely lazy with facts and run his mouth to fill air time. Because of course nobody is going to check him on any of that.



    Also, some other idiot kept saying the Pelicans have the 3rd worst record in the west. Of course, they fail to mention that is also just 1.5 games out of 10th.

    Open season on the stupid little Pelicans. Say whatever you want.
    Last edited by luckyman; 01-09-2022 at 02:05 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Chuck assumed Zion is overweight. Chuck assumed Zion is lazy. Chuck assumed Zion has NOBODY in his ear about what he needs to do. With absolutely nothing to back any of that up.

    Chuck said beignets are just hard and dirty donuts.

    Seems like Chuck doing what he usually does. Be extremely lazy with facts and run his mouth to fill air time. Because of course nobody is going to check him on any of that.



    Also, some other idiot kept saying the Pelicans have the 3rd worst record in the west. Of course, they fail to mention that is also just 1.5 games out of 10th.

    Open season on the stupid little Pelicans. Say whatever you want.
    So are beignets healthy then?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Chuck assumed Zion is overweight. Chuck assumed Zion is lazy. Chuck assumed Zion has NOBODY in his ear about what he needs to do. With absolutely nothing to back any of that up.

    Chuck said beignets are just hard and dirty donuts.

    Seems like Chuck doing what he usually does. Be extremely lazy with facts and run his mouth to fill air time. Because of course nobody is going to check him on any of that.



    Also, some other idiot kept saying the Pelicans have the 3rd worst record in the west. Of course, they fail to mention that is also just 1.5 games out of 10th.

    Open season on the stupid little Pelicans. Say whatever you want.
    You continue to be the most logical and rational thinker on this forum.

    You know what?s crazy - if you look at his rookie season - if he looked like that they?ll say he?s in shape. Back then they were saying he?s fat. I?m done with reading the dummies.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    You continue to be the most logical and rational thinker on this forum.

    You know what?s crazy - if you look at his rookie season - if he looked like that they?ll say he?s in shape. Back then they were saying he?s fat. I?m done with reading the dummies.
    The Pelicans PR machine not shooting it down. Hey does David Griffin know there is a Whole Foods in Metairie. He did not have to send him somewhere in Oregon. Christ even Texas has some great places for physical therapy and a Whole Foods.

    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/10/20...an-300-pounds/

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I could have but I didn’t. It’s not like we’ve got some over abundance of threads around here…
    True.
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The Pelicans PR machine not shooting it down. Hey does David Griffin know there is a Whole Foods in Metairie. He did not have to send him somewhere in Oregon. Christ even Texas has some great places for physical therapy and a Whole Foods.

    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/10/20...an-300-pounds/
    Ok. Then let?s do some simple logical math here.

    Based on what I?m hearing you say, Griff sent Zion to Oregon because the New Orleans food factor. You?re using the facts given to assume the food is why. Okay let?s let that fly.

    So Jen Hale said this off-season before he fractured his foot, he was in shape.

    So was he in New Orleans?

    Simple math here:

    If he was in New Orleans = your ?New Orlean?s food too enticing? theory is in shambles. Shows he can stay and be in shape in NOLA.

    If he wasn?t in New Orleans = They are reduplicating his off-season WHICH IS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING.

  16. #16
    Wait, so Zion (as big as he was) to start the season, was in shape? The guy is out of shape, and I suppose that’s to be expected from a person like me or you (who aren’t paid millions to play a sport and be a face of a franchise), but not Zion. He has to take care of his body so much more than we do as he will be making millions off of it. I’m not sure how he has show discipline or improvement in his time away from the court, but then who here can say one way or the other if he is or if he isn’t (the team sure as ******** can’t).

    The guy was sent to Portland so he would be less of a distraction to the team, and to give Willie Green one less thing to deal with in his new title. By doing that the team did him and Zion a favor (I suppose). It’s now up to Zion to figure out what he wants to do. Does he want to get serious with basketball, and get in shape in order to make an impact on the court? Or, does he want to ride it out until he can become a free agent and the. magically become healthy? The choice is his, I’m just glad I’m not the one signing his checks.

  17. #17
    It's funny that you guys think Griffin/Pels have any say in where Zion is doing his rehab, let alone get to "send him" somewhere.

  18. #18
    If it’s Zions choice to rehab in Portland then good for him and the team. It feels we are some Pels fans are saying “it’s okay, we have Sam Bowie, we didn’t need that Michael Jordan guy.” When they talk about Zion vs Ja.

  19. #19
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,353
    Am I misreading that or are you comparing Ja to Jordan?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If it’s Zions choice to rehab in Portland then good for him and the team. It feels we are some Pels fans are saying “it’s okay, we have Sam Bowie, we didn’t need that Michael Jordan guy.” When they talk about Zion vs Ja.
    There's really nothing to be done about it at this point. It's not even like there was some discussion as to who we should draft, Zion was the clear guy the whole time. It may or may not work out in the long run, but that's not something I'd second guess. Could you imagine a scenario where we picked Ja and Zion went to Memphis and stayed healthy? We'd (rightfully) be getting destroyed in the media.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Am I misreading that or are you comparing Ja to Jordan?
    No, I’m saying that there are weirdos out there saying that they would still take Zion over Ja. That’s absurd talk.

  22. #22
    The Franchise DarkHornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    There's really nothing to be done about it at this point. It's not even like there was some discussion as to who we should draft, Zion was the clear guy the whole time. It may or may not work out in the long run, but that's not something I'd second guess. Could you imagine a scenario where we picked Ja and Zion went to Memphis and stayed healthy? We'd (rightfully) be getting destroyed in the media.
    Agreed. Even if Ja ends up the only one of the two to be an NBA Hall of Famer, you absolutely had to pick Zion if you're the Pelicans at the time. There's lots of things to second guess Griffin on. The Zion pick is not one.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If it’s Zions choice to rehab in Portland then good for him and the team. It feels we are some Pels fans are saying “it’s okay, we have Sam Bowie, we didn’t need that Michael Jordan guy.” When they talk about Zion vs Ja.
    I’m sure it was Zion’s decision. He can at least hang out at the Nike HQ. I did my research. Yep it looks like they do have food in Portland.

    https://pdx.eater.com/maps/best-new-...urants-heatmap

    Look at # 5 on the list .

  24. #24
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,353
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    No, I’m saying that there are weirdos out there saying that they would still take Zion over Ja. That’s absurd talk.
    Doesn't matter. No one has the luxury of seeing the future. The pick was clear at the time. Still too early to draw a definitive conclusion.

  25. #25
    Yeah, remember that time when we almost traded Chris Paul for that injury prone dude with bad ankles that plays for the warriors and that other guy that just came back from back to back injuries? Too bad that guy was so injury prone. It would have been a decent trade in hindsight...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •