Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2-11-2022. Zion injury update.

Pelicans 2-11-2022. Zion injury update.

Not much has changed. Come back next week for another update.

https://www.fox8live.com/2022/02/11/...ll-star-break/

We hope that toward the end of next week or the beginning of the following, we?ll have some imaging done and we?ll have a better update,? Griffin said.
    “What we see anecdotally is very good,” Griffin said. “I can say he reacted very positively to the McCollum news.”

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jake on Locked on Pelicans says he’s lost a good bit of weight. Looks like a different person or whatever. Hm. If this is true, wouldn’t Griffin be able to conceal it? Or downplay it?

We shall see. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1128841871

I would bet part of him being in Portland is to get his weight down.

Keep him away from King Cakes and crawfish lol

Bruh.

King cakes.

Hrrrrrrrrrng.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jake on Locked on Pelicans says he’s lost a good bit of weight. Looks like a different person or whatever. Hm. If this is true, wouldn’t Griffin be able to conceal it? Or downplay it?

We shall see. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1128841871
    Jake got it wrong again

You're not using that as a source, are you?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I think 13-3 may be a fan of the DG Presser account. Not sure tho.

That must be his Twitter account. No point to keep posting a meme account. You can make smitpost without linking to a Twitter post.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I think 13-3 may be a fan of the DG Presser account. Not sure tho.
    The guy who writes that DG presser account is a genius.
    If it is 13-3 he should come forward and be commended.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    The guy who writes that DG presser account is a genius.
    If it is 13-3 he should come forward and be commended.
    I love the account too and subscribe. I don't know why 13-3 has to post everything he does though. It's pretty annoying.

I know everyone is focused on Zion, but there has been absolutely no information on KL2's injury. The last thing I read about him was back in December. As I recall that report indicated that no surgery was scheduled at that time. My questions....

Did he, indeed, have surgery?
    Where is he rehabbing? If not with the team, why?
    Is there a timeline established for his return?

At the time of his injury, he was playing the best ball of his short tenure with the Pelicans. If he could return to that form, it could go a long way to fortifying our lead guard problem and certainly make DG expendable.

Assuming neither Zion nor he returns this season, both will seem like new additions to our evolving team in 2022-23.

So even without drafting in the first round of the 2022 draft (strong possibility), at the very least, we will be adding two lottery picks to next year's roster.

I assumed from what I have read about the injury, it is pretty unlikely Kira will ever have the same athleticism, but possible to still have a decent career. Given how much of his game is based on his speed, I'm not counting on him at all going forward.

I assumed from what I have read about the injury, it is pretty unlikely Kira will ever have the same athleticism, but possible to still have a decent career. Given how much of his game is based on his speed, I'm not counting on him at all going forward.
    If true...that's a shame.

Mehhhh... Kira never used his speed, because he always plays so hesitant and can't get an angle on the press.

Can't waste what you don't use.

Even with his speed, Jose is already playing at a higher level than Kira ever did. CJ is eventually going to be sucking up a good bit of the PG minutes. So Graham, Jose, and Kira will be battling for backup minutes. I haven't been high on Graham's play lately but Kira has a long road ahead to steal minutes.

I'd be curious where you heard this from. Because this hasn't really been true since the 90s.

ACL/MCL injuries aren't devastating injuries anymore. Especially for someone his age. He should absolutely come back with the same athleticism he left with.

The only injuries I know of that have a real affect on players are full Achilles tears.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'd be curious where you heard this from. Because this hasn't really been true since the 90s.

ACL/MCL injuries aren't devastating injuries anymore. Especially for someone his age. He should absolutely come back with the same athleticism he left with.

The only injuries I know of that have a real affect on players are full Achilles tears.
    I just googled it and glanced at some articles. Yes, it's not the career ender it once was, but I read many quotes where they said the same level of athleticism wasn't there.

I just googled it and glanced at some articles. Yes, it's not the career ender it once was, but I read many quotes where they said the same level of athleticism wasn't there.
    He will likely lose some. But in reality with the technology now what it is he may lose a couple tenths of a second on a 40 yard dash. Maybe a fraction of his lateral quickness. At his age it will be almost unnoticeable. He is also very likely to have a complete recovery without losing any athleticism at all.

It also greatly depends on the severity of the tear in each ligament. Partial tears are much more likely to retain full abilities versus complete tears that require cadaver or ligament transplants from other areas of the body.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 02-15-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You're not using that as a source, are you?

Bruh.

It’s a joke account. That isn’t David Griffin. Please tell me you’re messing around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DC8F5473-1BF2-4277-81E3-83A91955855D.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	6614

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-On-Right-Foot

"

Zion Williamson may need a second surgery on his right foot but nothing has been decided, sources told Christian Clark of the Times Picayune.

Williamson was supposed to return to practice in December, but he began experiencing soreness in his right foot. Williamson flew to Los Angeles that month to have an injection to promote healing.

Williamson has been overweight for virtually all of his pro career, which has complicated the recovery process.

Last week, David Griffin said Williamson will have another round of medical imaging done on his right foot either this week or next week. "

This is why the front office should have given Zion a weight restriction and should not have played him until he was under a specific number.

Hall of Famer
    Yikes a second foot surgery would make his future outlook for me very bad and completely changes the future of the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-On-Right-Foot

"

Zion Williamson may need a second surgery on his right foot but nothing has been decided, sources told Christian Clark of the Times Picayune.

Williamson was supposed to return to practice in December, but he began experiencing soreness in his right foot. Williamson flew to Los Angeles that month to have an injection to promote healing.

Williamson has been overweight for virtually all of his pro career, which has complicated the recovery process.

Last week, David Griffin said Williamson will have another round of medical imaging done on his right foot either this week or next week. "
    this is news from December

This isn’t a new scoop from what I can tell. Christian Clark just recently wrote an article where he noted Griffin’s quote above. The stuff about Zion perhaps needing a second surgery is the same thing we’ve known since December when his practice was derailed because of foot soreness.

Thread Information