Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December 1st - New Orleans Pelicans vs Dallas Mavericks - 6-17

Pelicans December 1st - New Orleans Pelicans vs Dallas Mavericks - 6-17

Going 4-4 in our last 8 games, with victories over legitimately good teams like the Clippers (x2), Washington, and Utah, the Pelicans appear to be beginning to turn things around from the woeful start we had to the season - and just in time, too. We have good reason to believe Zion will be back within the next few weeks, and Ingram appears to be showing a few signs here and there of breaking out of his horrific post-injury slump. We've also had a very difficult schedule thus far, playing tons of playoff teams, and the schedule is due to ease up dramatically from hereon out. There's no better time to be hitting your stride or trying to salvage a record.

Tonight we take on the 10-9 Dallas Mavericks, who also have a bottom 10 Offense and Defense on the season, sharing that honour with us. They've lost 5 of their last 6, though it's worth noting that all of these games were to good teams: Phoenix (x2), LAC, Washington, etc. They also have some injuries, with Porzingis and Ntilikina both listed as questionable.

This game should be winnable at home but the reality is that they have the best player on the court and we've been anything but reliable this season. It'll be interesting to see how this one shakes out, and a bit of a litmus test. Let's go.
    Basketball.

Wonder if Herb can do anything with Luka? That cat is tricky with the ball in his hands...

You know, when I saw that Temple was starting I said to myself ''Great, love to start a game with a ten point deficit.''

Did not expect it to be quite that literal. Temple *suuuucks*. He is walking forfeited minutes.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 12-01-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Kira has been quietly pretty solid for a little while now. Good to see him starting to find something.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    How in the world can one player destroy a team as much as Garett Temple? The Louisiana native son is destroying his own team with every minute he plays. Just watching him is unfair to the fans. It?s absolutely atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    How in the world can one player destroy a team as much as Garett Temple? The Louisiana native son is destroying his own team with every minute he plays. Just watching him is unfair to the fans. It?s absolutely atrocious.
    And not only that, but how can Green have fallen in love with him so much? What is he seeing that nobody else is?

NAW ��

I wished he would've passed it to Trey instead of NAW on that fast break 3 attempt. Lets see if we can cut into this lead more with Luka on the bench.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Devonte' the Goat

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You know, when I saw that Temple was starting I said to myself ''Great, love to start a game with a ten point deficit.''

Did not expect it to be quite that literal. Temple *suuuucks*. He is walking forfeited minutes.
    Willie is just not smart if he's starting Temple. Only an idiot would do that repeatedly.

Willie's obsession with Temple and Sato is going to ruin my entire life.

Pels can't buy a shot.

His obsession with NAW is destroying mine,

I hate the small lineup and his rotations are very weird

The man is just dumb. You can see this with your eyes, AND with stats. We are simpleton fans and we can see this. Willie HAD A WINNING LINEUP and he changed it for literally no reason.

Basketball Guru
    i dont understand the lack of energy...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i dont understand the lack of energy...
    If you were a Pelican and you take the court and Tomas Satoransky is next to you, and you look to your right and Garrett Temple is there, you might become clinically depressed too. I know I would.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    If you were a Pelican and you take the court and Tomas Satoransky is next to you, and you look to your right and Garrett Temple is there, you might become clinically depressed too. I know I would.
    bruh...no lie...what you said cross my mind lol...

BI is pissing me off with his inability to shoot 3's off the catch. So ridiculous
    Last edited by Funcrusher; 12-01-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I don't even take the court and it clinically depresses me

WHAT IS BI DOING ON THAT DEFENSIVE POSSESSION

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    I don't even take the court and it clinically depresses me
    I was actually feeling much better because I thought our coach finally learned from his mistakes. Unfortunately I just remembered that he is a New Orleans Pelicans coach, and we never hire people who are not completely retarded to coach our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    WHAT IS BI DOING ON THAT DEFENSIVE POSSESSION
    Much much more than the Pillsbury Dough ($$$$) Boy, don't you know?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Much much more than the Pillsbury Dough ($$$$) Boy, don't you know?
    you realize i don't hate Ingram, right? And I'm not a Zion fanboy?

Thread Information