Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 13th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 1-12

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It Was Foretold
    ...and so it shall be done.

I really like Herb.

smh
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Garrett Temple should not be in the game.
    3rd Qs are horrible for us. Fix it Willie.

Garrett Temple and Satoransky never fail to destroy any lead. No Pelicans lead is safe when this combo is on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Garrett Temple and Satoransky never fail to destroy any lead. No Pelicans lead is safe when this combo is on the floor.
    Absolutely the harbingers of the Pels-pocalypse. Temple had a good game yesterday but that was just fool's gold.
    Basketball.

There is no reason for Garrett Temple to get a single minute when Trey Murphy exists and Ingram is healthy.

There is no reason for Garrett Temple to get a single minute when Trey Murphy exists and Ingram is healthy.
    Lonzo Ball for these 2 losers has to be the worst deal in the history of the NBA. Griffin should have been fired at that very moment.

Lonzo Ball for these 2 losers has to be the worst deal in the history of the NBA. Griffin should have been fired at that very moment.
    Don't be silly. You're being silly again.

Willie thinks he has to play everyone but he doesn't. Why doesn't Trey play over Garrett Temple?

Can't be the worst, we also got a 2097 second round pick

Don't be silly. You're being silly again.
    Should have traded them before the deadline if he knew he wasn't going to pay him.

He would have most definitely got more then.

And Temple was a -21 plus minus last game. I don't consider that a good game.

Gotta believe if we don't make the playoffs, Griff will be fired.

Willie get them outta there man!

Should have traded them before the deadline if he knew he wasn't going to pay him.

He would have most definitely got more then.

And Temple was a -21 plus minus last game. I don't consider that a good game.
    If you're using single game plus minus to make your argument, it may not be a good argument.

I agree that Lonzo should have been traded before the deadline but once he wasn't the situation becomes ''okay well, what now''. Lonzo was guaranteed to leave: he did not want to stay. That much is obvious. So for Griff the choice at that point is lose Lonzo for nothing or try to get something. He got two pieces of what should be very movable salary ballast and a pick - for a situation where Griff had zero leverage, I call that fine. It's not great, but it's fine. Certainly not in itself a fireable offense.

Of course if you want Griff gone there are other, better reasons for that argument, but it just comes off very spilled-milk to pick on this, relatively unobjectionable move.

Lol. The whole team wants NAW to be the man.

NAW being able to work as the secondary perimeter guy rather than the number 1 is just so helpful for him.

If you're using single game plus minus to make your argument, it may not be a good argument.

I agree that Lonzo should have been traded before the deadline but once he wasn't the situation becomes ''okay well, what now''. Lonzo was guaranteed to leave: he did not want to stay. That much is obvious. So for Griff the choice at that point is lose Lonzo for nothing or try to get something. He got two pieces of what should be very movable salary ballast and a pick - for a situation where Griff had zero leverage, I call that fine. It's not great, but it's fine. Certainly not in itself a fireable offense.

Of course if you want Griff gone there are other, better reasons for that argument, but it just comes off very spilled-milk to pick on this, relatively unobjectionable move.
    Sato and Temple are clearly not playable NBA players, and Chicago saw sucker written all over Griffins dumb mug, and were like "HELL YES. LETS MAKE THAT DEAL NOW"

They are both huge liabilities, and should not be playing unless a mass casualty event happens. Even on the worst NBA team they should not get minutes. They suck.

Sato and Temple are clearly not playable NBA players, and Chicago saw sucker written all over Griffins dumb mug, and were like "HELL YES. LETS MAKE THAT DEAL NOW"

They are both huge liabilities, and should not be playing unless a mass casualty event happens. Even on the worst NBA team they should not get minutes. They suck.
    I mean, I agree with you, neither should be getting minutes. That's not the point. None of that makes acquiring them in itself a fireable offense. In fact, the number of times anything that any executive does regarding the 9th and 10th men on the roster becomes firable can probably be counted on one hand.

The real potential for mistake with Sato and Temple isn't acquiring them, but keeping them. If they're still here after the deadline, that's when I think you can start putting heat on it.

Seriously though, did Trey get hurt and I just missed it or something? How has he only played 6 minutes?

It was the play before the play where Sato took the charge. Ridiculous.

I mean, I agree with you, neither should be getting minutes. That's not the point. None of that makes acquiring them in itself a fireable offense. In fact, the number of times anything that any executive does regarding the 9th and 10th men on the roster becomes firable can probably be counted on one hand.

The real potential for mistake with Sato and Temple isn't acquiring them, but keeping them. If they're still here after the deadline, that's when I think you can start putting heat on it.
    Somehow Willie has them as a major part of the rotation, and I don't see that as showcasing them for trade bait. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the rest of the league is playing chess and we are playing checkers.

Seriously though, did Trey get hurt and I just missed it or something? How has he only played 6 minutes?
    I been wondering. I don't understand either.

Herbie Goes Bananas (1980)

Woooooooo

Thread Information