Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: October 29th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 1-4

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I was hoping by the end of the season Herb would be playing as well as he is right now.

Him being this good this soon is remarkable. Hell. He’s taking 3s more and more. If he had the confidence to believe, let him keep making it.

Also one stray thought. My god, I know Hayes felt played when Lens was sitting on the restricted circle while he had the ball on the 3pt line.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    you do know thats MM,,right?..
    Well yeah, that is the suspicion, but it doesn't really matter. The argument remians the same whether it's MM or HerbJonesFan making it, so just gotta take on the argument itself rather than the individual.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I was hoping by the end of the season Herb would be playing as well as he is right now.

Him being this good this soon is remarkable. Hell. He’s taking 3s more and more. If he had the confidence to believe, let him keep making it.

Also one stray thought. My god, I know Hayes felt played when Lens was sitting on the restricted circle while he had the ball on the 3pt line.
    I agree that Herb is way more impactful early than I thought he would be; though part of that is that he's also getting opportunities I didn't think he would. Starting this early? Getting so many minutes, regularly? It's night and day to how SVG and Gentry treated the youth.

That said, I do feel like Jax - just because you brought him up - is kinda getting the short end of the stick. His minutes have dropped to a career low despite this being his prove-it year, rookie extension incoming. And it's not like he's got a million 7 footers in front of him either, he just isn't getting run. He's getting the same minutes per game as Garrett Temple and Kira Lewis, and he's been better than both of those and he plays a more scarce position.

Part of it is because the team can't afford to sit Jonas that long...last night was the best night Hayes has played this year despite the limited minutes... hopefully he gets to play with Jonas tonight against the Knicks cause he might be our only bet to defend Randle. It's looking like another miss by Griff with the Hayes and naw picks

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I want to see Jax pull that three trigger without hesitation and more frequently. Can't be worse than NAW, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Part of it is because the team can't afford to sit Jonas that long...last night was the best night Hayes has played this year despite the limited minutes... hopefully he gets to play with Jonas tonight against the Knicks cause he might be our only bet to defend Randle. It's looking like another miss by Griff with the Hayes and naw picks
    People on this board whiplash like a rollercoaster.

Three weeks ago, NAW was getting ''definitely needs to be the starter'' hype, then he played great through pre-season and the first two games and everyone was like ''yeah this guy rocks, he's really killing it''.

Then he shoots really badly for 3 games and it's ''*dramatic sigh* another miss by Griff... such a tragedy''.

I honestly wonder how people stay sane as Pels fans when it seems like the over-arching beliefs about everything on the planet seem to switch every 24 hours.

Really not overly upset about last night any more than a normal loss. Obviously it's not fun to keep stacking up so many loses but these things happen.

I will say it was pretty disappointing to lose to the same exact PnR play over and over for the last 6 min. Have to look at Willie on that one. That was the most frustrating part of the loss for me. Feel like a faster and better coaching adjustment would have put us back in it as t the end.

Willie does tend to let the guys figure it out themselves in those situations though. Maybe he was forcing Herb to sink or swim until he figured out how to defend it. That's what I will choose to believe anyway lol.

Anybody mind sharing what an 'MM" is? Sorry, I don't keep up with the acronyms these days

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Anybody mind sharing what an 'MM" is? Sorry, I don't keep up with the acronyms these days
    you sly devil dog you. Just when the world thought he had disappeared for good...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    NAW is just missing open shots. A lot of them. This will not continue.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    NAW is just missing open shots. A lot of them. This will not continue.
    The open ones I don't mind. It's the ones where it looks like he's forcing the issue.

Thread Information