Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Personally I don’t like the drama. At this point I’d drop griffin and Zion. If I’d do that it’s to get very young and build for the future.
    You do realise that

1) We are very young, you can't ''drop Zion to get very young''. You drop Zion and you still have Jax, Kira, Trey, NAW, Ingram, Herb all under the age of 25. Unless you want to drop all of them as well, in which case ''getting young'' isn't your priority, you're just totally rebooting the franchise.

2) Drama comes with star players. The only way to avoid the drama is never have any good players on your team. Drop Zion, and next year people will be ''Ingram has been in New Orleans for X number of years now, and no playoffs? Gotta get him out of there!''. Ship off Ingram, draft another talent, a year later you're getting ''They wasted CP3, AD, Zion, and now they have this guy? He needs to get out of there!''. The only way to avoid that drama is winning. Just trading away anyone good the moment you get drama is a surefire way to not only promise drama in the future, but also make for a miserable franchise.
    Basketball.

oh my gosh - "Drama comes with star players"

I have heard it all now. We shouldn't be frustrated with Zion because all star players will have some kind of drama. Am I reading that right? Where's the Jokic drama? The Ja drama? How many other "stars" around the league that haven't really accomplished anything do you see around the league with massive weight problems across multiple seasons? Mysterious injuries that are reported incorrectly or not at all or with massively incorrect timetables?

Sure, other guys eventually demand out because they want to win more after years and years of losing. But nobody has had this much drama and weight issues while also barely playing or accomplishing anything in his young career. This isn't normal, and to act like it is, is insane

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Sure, other guys eventually demand out because they want to win more after years and years of losing. But nobody has had this much drama and weight issues while also barely playing or accomplishing anything in his young career. This isn't normal, and to act like it is, is insane
    Doubling down on Idol worship can be detrimental to one's mental health.

Basketball Guru
    nets get...zion...satoransky...hayes..

pelicans get....ben simmons...seth curry...thybulle.. bruce brown...2022 first 76ers....2024 first 76ers...

76ers get...kyrie....naji...cam thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    oh my gosh - "Drama comes with star players"

I have heard it all now. We shouldn't be frustrated with Zion because all star players will have some kind of drama. Am I reading that right?
    No. Learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No. Learn to read.
    Oh, no, dae....he got you and you know it.

Wasn't it you who wrote:

You do realise that:

Drama comes with star players. The only way to avoid the drama is never have any good players on your team. Drop Zion, and next year people will be ''Ingram has been in New Orleans for X number of years now, and no playoffs? Gotta get him out of there!''. Ship off Ingram, draft another talent, a year later you're getting ''They wasted CP3, AD, Zion, and now they have this guy? He needs to get out of there!''. The only way to avoid that drama is winning. Just trading away anyone good the moment you get drama is a surefire way to not only promise drama in the future, but also make for a miserable franchise.
    Just Sayin'

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

Wasn't it you who wrote:

Just Sayin'

Since we're holding people accountable for what they said in the past, just a reminder for everyone that you said Covid would go away after the election.

Wasn't it you who wrote:

Just Sayin'
    There's a difference between saying ''all star players bring drama, if you want to trade Zion solely because he brings drama you're never going to be happy with any star'' - which is what I was saying - and saying ''you're not allowed to be frustrated with Zion because other stars cause drama as well'', which is what HerbJonesFan claimed I said.

Which is why I said to learn to read. It's clear that both him and you didn't read what I said properly, and just inserted a meaning that you personally preferred for the sake of being a boring pedant.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-07-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Since we're holding people accountable for what they said in the past, just a reminder for everyone that you said Covid would go away after the election.
    It has; that's what Trump's Drugs did. The same drugs that Democrats everywhere spurned and now take credit for.

There's a difference between saying ''all star players bring drama, if you want to trade Zion solely because he brings drama you're never going to be happy with any star'' - which is what I was saying - and saying ''you're not allowed to be frustrated with Zion because other stars cause drama as well'', which is what HerbJonesFan claimed I said.

Which is why I said to learn to read. It's clear that both him and you didn't read what I said properly, and just inserted a meaning that you personally preferred for the sake of being a boring pedant.
    Hey, your very words belie your intent. Per usual.

"Drama comes with star players." is pretty straight forward.

It has; that's what Trump's Drugs did. The same drugs that Democrats everywhere spurned and now take credit for.
    Please, go on. We want to know more!

Please, go on. We want to know more!
    No need to...history is on my side.

No need to...history is on my side.

Hey, your very words belie your intent. Per usual.

"Drama comes with star players." is pretty straight forward.
    It is! Which is why it's strange that both you and HerbJonesFan apparently cannot wrap your brains around it. If you want to trade a star solely because you don't like drama, you're basically just accepting that no star will ever make you happy, because every star brings drama.

That doesn't mean you can't be frustrated with it - of course you can. And it doesn't mean you can't want to trade Zion for other reasons - again, of course you can. Those are other discussions. But if your sole metric is ''drama = move them'', there is a very small handful of stars ever that you would find happiness with. Even Duncan nearly went to Orlando.

Absolute clowncar of a poster.

Absolute clowncar of a poster.
    APOLOGISTS UNTE!!!!

It is! Which is why it's strange that both you and HerbJonesFan apparently cannot wrap your brains around it. If you want to trade a star solely because you don't like drama, you're basically just accepting that no star will ever make you happy, because every star brings drama.
    Solely?

My god, dae, where have you been? There is a litany of reasons that have been espoused as to why he has been a failure in NOLA (you just can't wrap your brain around it or are in denial). The drama is only a by-product. Maybe you are the one that should learn to read (or is it think).

APOLOGISTS UNITE!!!!

Solely?

My god, dae, where have you been? There is a litany of reasons that have been espoused as to why he has been a failure in NOLA (you just can't wrap your brain around it or are in denial). The drama is only a by-product. Maybe you are the one that should learn to read (or is it think).

APOLOGISTS UNITE!!!!
    Oh look, you didn't read the post I was responding to either! Incredible scenes.

He said he was sick of the drama, and would fire Griff and move Zion as a result. My response was addressing that point - I then literally said, in response to you, that if you want to trade Zion for other reasons then that's more of a discussion that can be had.

I know that it might be difficult for you to read his post, and my post, and my response to you, but it's really important you do that before trying to pat yourself on the back. I encourage you to try, nonetheless, to read something properly before responding to it.

Anyway, you're going back on the ignore list because I'm bored of your trolling now.

Oh look, you didn't read the post I was responding to either! Incredible scenes.

He said he was sick of the drama, and would fire Griff and move Zion as a result. My response was addressing that point - I then literally said, in response to you, that if you want to trade Zion for other reasons then that's more of a discussion that can be had.

I know that it might be difficult for you to read his post, and my post, and my response to you, but it's really important you do that before trying to pat yourself on the back. I encourage you to try, nonetheless, to read something properly before responding to it.

Anyway, you're going back on the ignore list because I'm bored of your trolling now.
    LOL

Your words not mine:

Your "It is!' refers to you doubling down on your claim that drama comes with star players.

Your "Which is why it's strange that both you and HerbJonesFan apparently cannot wrap your brains around it." is your feeble attempt to question our intellects.

Your "If you want to trade a star solely because you don't like drama, you're basically just accepting that no star will ever make you happy, because every star brings drama." refers to you tripling down on your initial claim that drama comes with star players.

As far as putting me on ignore, by all means do. But I will continue to follow you, because being a Pelicans Fan right now can be a trial and reading you offers me true comic relief.

APOLOGISTS UNITE!!!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 11-07-2021 at 12:50 PM.

I didn't mean to start so much drama. I apologize. I just seriously can't believe how this fan base gives Zion a pass when he has been one of the most disappointing prospects I can remember. Sure, when he plays, he scores the ball in the paint at a high level. But man, his weight is always an issue, he and his family seem Kawhi-like with separating themselves from the team. He lies and forces Griffin to lie with regard to his return date. Shows no leadership on or off court. I just don't know how people can be excited about him as the pillar of the franchise. But, I wont bring it up any more. Not worth the drama. All Herb, all the time!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't give Zion a pass. That dude is beyond cuplable for his sorry condition. I don't blame him for being hurt necessarily. I can't directly prove the foot is because of his weight. But I can directly prove he's too damn big and SVG is an idiot if he thinks anyone believes Zion, at any point, had 10% body fat.

Sticks and bones Trey Murphy probably doesn't even have body fat that low.

I knew as soon as we won the Zion sweepstakes it was going to be high drama and it started right away, as soon as the draft order was broadcast. And it?s really never stopped. If things had gone better, if Zion hadn?t been hurt almost right away, if the Pels had met league expectations and made the play in from the bubble, it might have calmed down. Instead it?s grown ever louder to the point where the ESPN talking heads and New York fans can somehow simultaneously congratulate themselves on not drafting Zion while still fomenting for him to force his way out of New Orleans so he can take his rightful place on the Knicks roster.

I?ve always hated the ?Great Man? theory of pro basketball which has come to totally dominate the landscape in the post-Jordan era. I grew up playing in a modified version of the Princeton offense which stressed ball movement, cutting and balanced scoring. I recognize that idea is quaint in today?s NBA (though both the Nets and the Kings ran versions of it not too long back) and you need star power. But I still think the name on the front of the jersey is bigger than the name on the back and if you are an injury or two away from being unable to stay competitive, then you?re doing it wrong.

Pels sure do help keep the NBA soap opera running though. For all the negativity and drama around it, it sure does keep the Pels up there as a talking point with media and fans.

I swear... I hope we become a winning franchise soon so the infighting stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I swear... I hope we become a winning franchise soon so the infighting stops.
    I have no doubt that if they can trade Zion for the right set of players, with the right mindset and attitude, then the Pelicans would be a winning franchise. They have the type of coach these new players love. They have hard working, high effort guys. They just need to trade the entitled baby for someone who will show up every day and be a vocal leader who also leads by example on the court and with his training, conditioning, etc.

Thread Information