I have trade if Ingram wants to be moved eventually

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygcfdepb
    How many 1sts do the Kings include?

As for Beal, Grif screwed us there. This is all I could come up

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfggantt

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How many 1sts do the Kings include?
    As many as they would like to offer us.

Core of this team should be: Ingram, Herb, maybe Murphy, whoever you get for Zion, and whoever you get with the 2022 pick

Seeing that the 2022 draft is front court heavy, I would move Zion for the best available backcourt player. A playmaker who allows leads vocally and by example. Man, Ja would be nice, no? Donovan Mitchell would be great, but no way he wants to come to New Orleans. Cant get Lamelo. I'd trade Zion, Sato, Hart, and Kira for Fox, Barnes, 2 firsts, and 3 pick swaps.

Let Willie figure out the defense, but he has a ton of firepower on offense and you give NAW and Hayes one last chance with an electric point guard to see if he can get them easy looks, rim runs, etc. If not, they become contracts to package with picks to get guys who can be effective 2 way players. Besides, Herb can lock all 5 guys down by himself

Fox-Ingram-Barnes-Herb-Jonas starting 5

Graham is your super 6th, Murphy your 7th

NAW and Hayes are wild cards

Tons of picks to fill out the roster, including our own in 2022. But again, most importantly, HERB!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Core of this team should be: Ingram, Herb, maybe Murphy, whoever you get for Zion, and whoever you get with the 2022 pick

Seeing that the 2022 draft is front court heavy, I would move Zion for the best available backcourt player. A playmaker who allows leads vocally and by example. Man, Ja would be nice, no? Donovan Mitchell would be great, but no way he wants to come to New Orleans. Cant get Lamelo. I'd trade Zion, Sato, Hart, and Kira for Fox, Barnes, 2 firsts, and 3 pick swaps.

Let Willie figure out the defense, but he has a ton of firepower on offense and you give NAW and Hayes one last chance with an electric point guard to see if he can get them easy looks, rim runs, etc. If not, they become contracts to package with picks to get guys who can be effective 2 way players. Besides, Herb can lock all 5 guys down by himself

Tons of picks to fill out the roster, including our own in 2022. But again, most importantly, HERB!!!!
    Jonas and Graham are core guys. they are championship caliber role players...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    JV isn't a role player. He's a championship calibre centre

Graham could be argued to be one

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    JV isn't a role player. He's a championship calibre centre

Graham could be argued to be one
    Yeah, I know what you mean. By the time the rest of our core is in it's prime. He'll be a role player is what I meant

Man I hope that these extensions of Zion's return from injury are true, but I have feeling that this is just a way to allow the fanbase to become completely disgusted with Zion. This way the team can then trade him with no anger from the fanbase.
    I'm tired of going through these situations with the franchise whether this happens or not. I have become drained emotionally because I fully support our home team or any NOLA team. I'm at the point of whatever happens...happens, which is dangerous when the fans don't care.

Unless it is propaganda Jimmertime has been shooting 70 pts in China.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CX8q0LCWixM

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Unless it is propaganda Jimmertime has been shooting 70 pts in China.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CX8q0LCWixM
    Then, he steps onto American soil and his magic disappears...

A role player is not a core guy IMO. But its all semantics I suppose. For instance, I would call Jrue, Middleton, and Giannis the Bucks "core" last year. Sure, Brook helped and has been there a while. But to me, a core guy is on the floor to end games in every situation, against every team and he defines what you do on at least one end of the court. Not compliments what you do. Defines what you do.

And you guys can get all hyped about Jonas on offense, but he wouldn't be on the court to end games in the playoffs because every team would do what the Kings did and put him in the P&R every possession and shoot like 80% off that simple action. Graham, on a playoff team, is a lesser Lou Williams. And we saw Lou get played off the court in series. Nice players, not core players

Then, he steps onto American soil and his magic disappears...
    Turns out going between like, the 6th and the 1st best professional leagues in the world is a big change in competition level.

Take, for example, the massive step down in production and efficiency he saw when he tried doing Euroleague for a year instead (which is a few steps up from the Chinese league).

2018-19 Shanghai Sharks: 36.9ppg, 5.7rbds, 5.4asts, 2.6 stls
    2019-20 Euroleague: 12.9pts, 2.1rbds, 1.8asts, 0.8stls

Across his first 3 years in China, Jimmer averaged about 27 field goal attempts per game. About 24 attempts per 36.

In Euroleague, 14 attempts per 36.

As soon as he gets placed into a real team context against higher levels of competition, his numbers plummet. The efficiency is still good because he can still shoot, that's not propaganda, but this mythology of him being some Mega-MJ in China is based entirely on him throwing up more shots per game than Jordan ever did, against a sub-G League level of competition.
    Basketball.

Anyone got ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Anyone got ideas?
    Actually tank and pair Zion with a top 5 Big. Dump Hayes, Kira, Hart, Temple, Tomas, and etc for real NBA players.

Bring back...

Julian Wright
    Cheick Diallo
    Jeff Withy
    Frank Jackson
    Jimmer Fredette

How wild is it that less than 1 month ago people were excited about NAW, and now they see him and say “nah” to him in the teams long term future. Heck we thought Jax was something too. Oh well.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    How wild is it that less than 1 month ago people were excited about NAW, and now they see him and say “nah” to him in the teams long term future. Heck we thought Jax was something too. Oh well.
    I'll admit it...I thought it would turn out well for him. Thus far, however, he's been a train wreck.

Pelicans fan live off of hopium.

I complained all off season how all moves we made weren't going to be enough. NAW wasn't a good shooter and he can barely be healthy to be an inconsistent bench guy much less a starter.

When starters are getting blown out by 20 points in preseason... I said this didn't look right. You see the talent gap.

You spend three years going sideways while the rest of the league gets better. Now... Everyone acts so shocked.

With or without Zion, we still are a losing team.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Bring back...

Julian Wright
    Cheick Diallo
    Jeff Withy
    Frank Jackson
    Jimmer Fredette
    No Omar?

We need a Herb banner on the arena

The Franchise
    Trade JV to Warriors for Kuminga and Moody. Trade Zion to Boston for Brown and a couple picks. Trade for Sexton and Bagley, I doubt it’d take a lot to get them. Start Sexton, Brown, Ingram, Kuminga, and Bagley. Second team would be Graham, NAW, Trey, Herbert, and Hayes. Moody and Kira deep bench until they prove themselves

Expendable to get anything- Hart, Sato, and Temple. I’d be happy if they traded these guys for love from Cleveland especially if it got us Sexton.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post

that's an ****** core compared to what we already have. would still rather keep zion until the situation clearly demands a trade. i know you hate him but you're jumping the gun wanting to trade him at this point, mac-isms and all that aside

How wild is it that less than 1 month ago people were excited about NAW, and now they see him and say ?nah? to him in the teams long term future. Heck we thought Jax was something too. Oh well.
    cause people live in the moment. just like now when we're upset about Zion and all of a sudden he has to get traded immediately LMAO. Or how we thought Graham was worse than Zo and Jonas didn't make sense on this team at the time of the trade. People don't need to be patient, but they certainly need perspective. Too much jumping the gun from the so called, "fans"

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    cause people live in the moment. just like now when we're upset about Zion and all of a sudden he has to get traded immediately LMAO. Or how we thought Graham was worse than Zo and Jonas didn't make sense on this team at the time of the trade. People don't need to be patient, but they certainly need perspective. Too much jumping the gun from the so called, "fans"
    Personally I don’t like the drama. At this point I’d drop griffin and Zion. If I’d do that it’s to get very young and build for the future.

Thread Information