Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 0-2

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    One positive thing is we can’t blame the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    lmao they're not that young man
    Uh, you have two rookies and two second year players playing for us. They're pretty young. Btw, I'm a girl.

I need to see what our record for losses to start a season is….

Basketball Guru
    We will be 0-15 by time Zion get back..

This team is so horrendous that it got me angry enough to check this site for the first time in multiple years and comment on a thread. We are the worst team in the league and it's not close. This is embarrassing. How are we going backwards? I'm starting to think the desirable quality we were looking for in a head coach is a guy who naturally murmurs, "We're good" to no one in general at the start of every timeout he's forced to take bc the team is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Uh, you have two rookies and two second year players playing for us. They're pretty young. Btw, I'm a girl.
    i'm aware, i was using man more so colloquially there. But if that bothers you my apologies, i will keep that in mind

Business as usual.

Seriously, we were better with Alvin.

i'm aware, i was using man more so colloquially there. But if that bothers you my apologies, i will keep that in mind
    No. That doesn't bother me. Thanks for the apology, but there's no need, just didn't know you were using it that way.
    Last edited by PELSGIRL; 10-23-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Wouldn’t be so bad if the careless turnovers could cease and how it feels like the Timberwolves get to jump around like idiots and be rewarded by the refs because they shout and clap real loud.

Ho hum. Keep it moving. Struggle through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    One positive thing is we can’t blame the coach.
    Well...I don't know. Game three looks the same as game one. Mostly on the players I know but what is he saying to them and where are the adjustments for change.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Well...I don't know. Game three looks the same as game one. Mostly on the players I know but what is he saying to them and where are the adjustments for change.
    Guys are throwing the ball out of bounds to no one and NAW lost a ball out of bounds to a crossover.

I mean…I highly doubt Green is telling them to do that.

Wouldn’t be so bad if the careless turnovers could cease and how it feels like the Timberwolves get to jump around like idiots and be rewarded by the refs because they shout and clap real loud.

the Pat Bev effect

Quote Originally Posted by Chavan30 View Post
    I need to see what our record for losses to start a season is….
    Here you go. They did it twice. 2005 and 2016. 0-8 starts. Worst starts in Pels History.

Starting to see a 2-9 team yet?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    By the time this team gets used to each other and stops turning it over we will be out of playoff contention, and Zion will come back healthy. LOL

We just cant win.

Thanks…..I guess. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    We will be 0-15 by time Zion get back..
    not even sure Zion can save this team if we're really this bad without him. Praying this is just a slow start minus our best player

What I am afraid of is we start off so bad that they just decide to “take it slow” with Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Starting to see a 2-9 team yet?
    Cut it out. Don't be like that. Eman has done nothing wrong. No sense to take out your frustration out on him. Eman is a good guy. Let him be the optimist. We don't need an echo chamber. It hurts exactly no one.

So, hold it together.. I know it's frustrating.

To heck with guessing whether Zion is going to stay her not; I'd package that sucker up to the lottery winner next year and some real basketball players, and not look back. Let somebody else deal with the diva in him, his weight, his secrecy, his parents, and non-stop injuries. Did I say 'his weight'?

We already dealt with 'Generational Talents to no avail. We went through Pete Maravich and Anthony Davis and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Cut that Teletubby loose and let somebody else teach him how to walk properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavan30 View Post
    What I am afraid of is we start off so bad that they just decide to “take it slow” with Zion.
    He def going to be on a minutes restriction you know that.

Guys are throwing the ball out of bounds to no one and NAW lost a ball out of bounds to a crossover.

I mean…I highly doubt Green is telling them to do that.
    Yeah, like I said mostly on the players. I'm just wondering why it's continuing and what's Green's strategy to get it to stop. Again, game three looks similar to game one. Alot of turnovers and that's what's hurting us the most.

not even sure Zion can save this team if we're really this bad without him. Praying this is just a slow start minus our best player
    That’s why the 20 point deficit trend is a really bad sign, but I guess it's pretty accurate how good this team is... It's a sub 0.500 team. So, if we are fully healthy... We are probably not blowing the doors off anyway. Win a bunch of close game to 40 wins. Is that a good team? I say nope.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    He def going to be on a minutes restriction you know that.
    I’m meaning “take the year off to let it heal” because we are so buried by the time he could return.

Thread Information