Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Calm down buddy. Seem to have touched a nerve.

People were calling themselves optimists and saying things like that, so I was just repeating their words. Call them whatever you like. But this team is bad. Call a spade a spade.
    it's two games dude. why you gotta needlessly instigate then act like your not trying to "touch a nerve." I don't know who the hell saying this team right now is good, but if they were... ok, I guess? Like what other response do you expect, honestly?

It's early in the season, no Zion and it's a new system/coach. It's whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    who are the optimists lurking in the dark you're talking about? And why do they irk you so much? Are people not allowed to have an opinion that veers outside of abject dismay?
    Pelicans reddit and discord?

Sure ain't here lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We don't even know what this team is. We know who a bunch of the individuals are. But the fit will be a work in progress. And I'm intrigued by that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Sure ain't here lol
    im saying lol. Even the little bit of optimism here is thoroughly tinged with at least appropriate levels of disinterest and numbness

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We don't even know what this team is. We know who a bunch of the individuals are. But the fit will be a work in progress. And I'm intrigued by that alone.
    Same, but I guess people want a win now team. Don't see why they get so pressed. Make judgments around Christmas time.

Sure ain't here lol
    Maybe he means me? I'm the closest to the resident optimist, but I'm a realist too. I have no delusions about our outlook. I said we're more capable of going 10-1 than 1-10. I don't see an awful team. An awful team will stay awful and only new, better players can fix that.

We already have new, better players. Do they not get the chance to gel and become more?

Trey was asleep at the wheel there. Careless turnover.

The Bulls will be one of the best in the East. We can run with them if we don't turn the ball over. We'll be fine in the end but it will be a rough month or three to start.

Buckle up.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Someday we'll draft a hyper athletic and raw player...probably from UCLA, we'll stick it out and develop them and then one day they'll be pulling up from 30 feet out and burying Trae Young, Curry, or Lillard 3s too.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    it's two games dude. why you gotta needlessly instigate then act like your not trying to "touch a nerve." I don't know who the hell saying this team right now is good, but if they were... ok, I guess? Like what other response do you expect, honestly?
    Go read the board the last two days. A lot of "we were close most of the game" and "if we had Zion (or even Hart)", "fluke Korkmaz game"

There is always a way to create some story about how a loss wouldn't be a loss if all these other things didn't happen. But they did. When (IF) we win a game, I bet nobody gets on here and says, "Well, we could have lost if these 3 things went different"

Again, sorry you got all bothered by an innocent comment. I just was curious what the positive people would say tomorrow. Sue me.

Positive people aren't your enemy, fam. I presume we all want the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Go read the board the last two days. A lot of "we were close most of the game" and "if we had Zion (or even Hart)", "fluke Korkmaz game"

There is always a way to create some story about how a loss wouldn't be a loss if all these other things didn't happen. But they did. When (IF) we win a game, I bet nobody gets on here and says, "Well, we could have lost if these 3 things went different"

Again, sorry you got all bothered by an innocent comment. I just was curious what the positive people would say tomorrow. Sue me.
    whatever man

Maybe he means me? I'm the closest to the resident optimist, but I'm a realist too. I have no delusions about our outlook. I said we're more capable of going 10-1 than 1-10. I don't see an awful team. An awful team will stay awful and only new, better players can fix that.

We already have new, better players. Do they not get the chance to gel and become more?
    You been mad negative compare to how you usually are, my man lately tho

99% is directed at being tired of Griffin being a lying conman. Tho. So, I get it. We all tired of him.

Have to give naw some props he has been active defensively

Kira is a ways away. Oi vey.

Well, after tonight, one of those will be far more likely than the other

we are such a stupid team man. I know it'll take time but sometimes i just don't get it

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Here's some music to cheer you guys up

You been mad negative compare to how you usually are, my man lately tho

99% is directed at being tired of Griffin being a lying conman. Tho. So, I get it. We all tired of him.
    Goes to show how intensely I...disdain him. I give 2nd chances all the time. But Griffin? He can go somehwere.

Like Murphy can go to the hole? THat kind athleticismwe gotta make this guy a bigger part of our offense sooner than later.

Against Philly we had five points off the bench through three quarters; tonight it's up to 10. Improvement?

Postscript: Chicago has 23.

We valued the ball more. Another quarter of that. Make this game pretend close.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Against Philly we had five points off the bench through three quarters; tonight it's up to 10. Improvement?

Postscript: Chicago has 23.
    We need either NAW or Graham off the bench. Literally no one off the bench is a scorer.

We need either NAW or Graham off the bench. Literally no one off the bench is a scorer.
    Said that on Wednesday. Totally agree.

Bulls -6.

Fade Pelicans till proven otherwise. Every game but one this season and preseason... They have trailed by 20 points. Huge red flag
    They continue their 20 point deficit trend. Just really bad basketball.

Thread Information