Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zion Trade

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I am not the one who deemed him a generational talent. That comes from experts in the field of the NBA.
    I don't disagree with you or them. Perhaps he has more talent in his 300 ponds than anybody ever.

I'm only saying that talent is useless if he can't consistently get on the court or IF HE IS NOT DRIVEN TO MAKE HIS BODY NBA-WORTHY.

FWIW - Herb Jones is my favorite player ever because of his effort and willingness to do whatever it takes. I will always root for a guy like that over the uber talented guy who relies on that talent to get by, but doesnt do all the extra stuff. And I wasn't a Pelicans fan last year, but I watched some games and Zion annoyed me because he seemed to try so hard when he had the ball or he could get an offensive rebound, but it was like 10% that effort when he was on D and even less on offense when he didn't have the ball. I will never love a guy like that, and I am not surprised that a few of you guys are already annoyed with him

Again, any proof or just a report from a "source?" Guillory is a good reporter, but has yet to prove he has any reliable inside sources or information. He usually piggy backs on other reports rather than breaking anything.
    If your argument is that "sources" should always be disregarded if there is no first-hand proof, than I have some bad news about pretty much all of journalism

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    FWIW - Herb Jones is my favorite player ever because of his effort and willingness to do whatever it takes. I will always root for a guy like that over the uber talented guy who relies on that talent to get by, but doesnt do all the extra stuff. And I wasn't a Pelicans fan last year, but I watched some games and Zion annoyed me because he seemed to try so hard when he had the ball or he could get an offensive rebound, but it was like 10% that effort when he was on D and even less on offense when he didn't have the ball. I will never love a guy like that, and I am not surprised that a few of you guys are already annoyed with him
    he says about one of the best off-ball threats in the league and arguably the best as a big/forward

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Lol he's not arguing with me, I didn't say anything about Cunningham. If he takes the QO, he leaves Nola. AD left Nola. CP3 left nola.
    And to PelicansFan, willing to bet a lot, because the reporting was from Will Guillory, not a blogger, and has been echoed by other big name reporters.
    And i wasn't talking about you, but regardless there's literally no way he takes the QO, and I feel like you know that. I read Will, and I have no idea where your getting this info that Will thinks Zion will opt out of a max rookie extension, particularly when he's only been healthy for like one year in the NBA. Frankly, if Zion does that he's a ********ing idiot, and I'd rather someone that dumb just not be on the team. Suffice to say, I don't think Zion has poprocks for brains

If your argument is that "sources" should always be disregarded if there is no first-hand proof, than I have some bad news about pretty much all of journalism
    You cannot claim that the parents are sending "smoke signals" without them ever saying one thing to the topic. What have they said or done that you equate to them sending smoke signals that he wants out of NOLA? Was it the effort they went through to get approvals to upgrade the expensive home they purchased in NOLA? Or did a blogger say they do not like it here?

If it's that unlikely just because it is unprecedented, what kind of odds are you willing to give me that it happens? We can DM our personal info.
    odds? seriously, lmao? It's not going to happen dude, that's a guarantee

Not even a game in. The season hasn't even started and we're doing this.

I see a lot of denial in this thread... but it'll be interesting to see where this all goes.

I for one don't believe Zion wants to be here. Whether its his relationship with Griff, or his desire to be in a bigger market... I have no idea. But something just doesn't seem right with this dude.

I'll continue to root for the kid but I'll keep an eye on his situation.

Rival Execs Monitoring Zion Williamson-New Orleans Pelicans Relationship

There's a strong belief in league circles that the Pelicans were unaware of that procedure until Williamson reported to New Orleans ahead of media day, although one team source contacted by B/R maintained the Pelicans and Williamson were aligned on the injury's timeline.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-relationship
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 10-20-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I see a lot of denial in this thread... but it'll be interesting to see where this all goes.

I for one don't believe Zion wants to be here. Whether its his relationship with Griff, or his desire to be in a bigger market... I have no idea. But something just doesn't seem right with this dude.

denial... what are you talking about man? Saying he won't take the QO is denial? jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

Another trash article with no facts. Anyone can write articles with phantom sources' opinions.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I hope Zion gets back in shape and gets healthy. I won?t trade Zion. He has to keep his weight down and if he can?t do it then I?ll tell him he can play fat and if he break his legs that will be on him. He could ruin his own career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another trash article with no facts. Anyone can write articles with phantom sources' opinions.
    Your posts in this thread remind me of Shamit Dua's pod toward the end of last year, when he was like, "I don't believe there are any issues between the players and SVG. It's just sources and bull, but they don't know what's going on in the clubhouse." And then WHAM, it was alllll true.

Your argument sounds like if 3+ unrelated people mention that your girlfriend has been hanging out with another guy, but she denies it, and so you accuse the other people of being liars.

Your posts in this thread remind me of Shamit Dua's pod toward the end of last year, when he was like, "I don't believe there are any issues between the players and SVG. It's just sources and bull, but they don't know what's going on in the clubhouse." And then WHAM, it was alllll true.

Your argument sounds like if 3+ unrelated people mention that your girlfriend has been hanging out with another guy, but she denies it, and so you accuse the other people of being liars.
    If they all got their information lazily from the same "source" and kept retelling it, then yeah, I might.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    denial... what are you talking about man? Saying he won't take the QO is denial? jesus christ
    I actually agree with that.

Thread Information