.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 2021 Media Day Zion vs 2019 Media Day Zion

  1. #1

    2021 Media Day Zion vs 2019 Media Day Zion

    Good afternoon everyone!

    Was curious your thoughts on this photo thats going semi viral.

    Pretty big 3 year transformation...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zuc7au8zaht71.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	6595

  2. #2
    think that's partly just a difference in lighting but you'd have to be on crack to think he hasn't gained some weight, obviously. Nothing new here

  3. #3
    Do it for Shaq and AD now. Most players get bigger. Besides the fact he hasn't been able to run due to surgery. Really tired of this garbage.

  4. #4
    Well, New Orleans has really good food...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Do it for Shaq and AD now. Most players get bigger. Besides the fact he hasn't been able to run due to surgery. Really tired of this garbage.
    Most players do get bigger but its usually a little bit of weight and muscle gain.. but that was only 2 yrs away from his rookie yr and it doesn't look good... injuries has definitely played a part in that but being that big and getting bigger also causes those injuries.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Most players do get bigger but its usually a little bit of weight and muscle gain.. but that was only 2 yrs away from his rookie yr and it doesn't look good... injuries has definitely played a part in that but being that big and getting bigger also causes those injuries.
    He still doesn't look too big and fat to me. He's a big guy, that's just his body type. He came into the league with a large frame and the muscle mass of a 12 year veteran with that body type. So when he gets bigger like most of those young guys do, he's going to look enormous. It's just how it goes. Thinking he's going to look like Duke Zion in five years is naive and delusional.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    He still doesn't look too big and fat to me. He's a big guy, that's just his body type. He came into the league with a large frame and the muscle mass of a 12 year veteran with that body type. So when he gets bigger like most of those young guys do, he's going to look enormous. It's just how it goes. Thinking he's going to look like Duke Zion in five years is naive and delusional.
    You think expecting a pro athlete to be in top shape is naive and delusional? I expect him to be slimmer than his Duke days. Just because his body naturally wants to be at a certain size does not mean that should be his playing weight.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You think expecting a pro athlete to be in top shape is naive and delusional? I expect him to be slimmer than his Duke days. Just because his body naturally wants to be at a certain size does not mean that should be his playing weight.
    Just because his body gets naturally bigger with age and weight training doesn’t mean he’s out of shape. He was in good condition last year. Shaq and AD both got a LOT bigger and were for the most part in good condition. If his knees fail they fail. But I don’t think you’re going to somehow get his body type to be super slim without putting him on an extreme diet and to stop lifting weights. I don’t think it’s necessary either. You’re going against his natural body type. Just accept he has an abnormally large frame/arms/legs/torso.
    Last edited by donato; 10-16-2021 at 11:11 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Just because his body gets naturally bigger with age and weight training doesn’t mean he’s out of shape. He was in good condition last year. Shaq and AD both got a LOT bigger and were for the most part in good condition. If his knees fail they fail. But I don’t think you’re going to somehow get his body type to be super slim without putting him on an extreme diet and to stop lifting weights. I don’t think it’s necessary either. You’re going against his natural body type. Just accept he has an abnormally large frame/arms/legs/torso.
    I think that's just wrong..nobody is suggesting that zion be super slim... Charles Barkley who entered the league overweight but still somehow was able to dominate did not remain overweight just cause it worked at first... in one of his interviews someone challenged him to lose a few pounds, he did it and did good...after that he was challenged to lose another 10 pounds which he did and did even better..when he was challenged to go as down 250 he accepted it and that became his mvp years..

    just cause a player is naturally a bigger person doesn't mean they can make their body better... and saying that if his knees give up so be it, isn't that because of the excess weight he has been having? With the way he plays with speed, torque and jumping ability its the more that you should be careful of your weight...just cause you can do things now doesn't mean you won't be paying for it in the future...

  10. #10
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,902
    His apologists will never accept the fact that he's fat and it will take a toll on his body (already has). This doesn't detract from his tremendous skills as a basketball player; rather it suggests that he can't consistently be relied upon in a 82 game season.

    He makes his choices. It's on him (not the team) to change this reality.

  11. #11
    Zion is muscle Charles was fat it’s a difference and technically how injured has he been with two shortened seasons he’s played about 30 less games then say a Tyler herro

  12. #12
    Plus look at steph curry injured plenty beginning of his career cut the man some slack and give him time to develop

  13. #13
    Exactly. Love all these doctors/nutritionists chiming in like they know what they are talking about. Especially the covid conspiracy theorist / denier chiming in about it lolz.
    Last edited by donato; 10-17-2021 at 06:52 PM.

  14. #14
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Plus look at steph curry injured plenty beginning of his career cut the man some slack and give him time to develop
    Yeah, I see your point, Steph and Zion do have the same body type, huh?

  15. #15
    I love this board. Usually, all the boards I have been to just have fans who see the best case scenario and believe that anything that goes wrong for their team is somebody else's fault or a media narrative, etc. And this board has a few of those, but it also has some people who seem very realistic about this team. Thats awesome!

  16. #16
    No but he’s an athlete like steph Lebron was 260 at one point Zions about 30 pounds over that and shorter I’m sure he can be reliable he damn near played all the games last year Jordan broke his foot look how that turned out russel Westbrook messed up his knee plenty still playing at a high rate I’m just saying there’s reason to be optimistic opposed to pessimistic

  17. #17
    Umm, Shaq was famously fat/out of shape in his Lakers years, that's like 90% of the beef Kobe had with him. He still played well (until he couldn't move anymore) but I don't think "Shaq got bigger" is a good defense of Zion.

  18. #18
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211020-135542_Firefox.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	6596

    Must be from all that muscle you guys were suggesting....

  19. #19
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    6,302
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211020-135542_Firefox.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	6596

    Must be from all that muscle you guys were suggesting....
    Dang... yeah you can't work out much with a foot injury so I can see his weight going up. But man...

  20. #20
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,311
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Dang... yeah you can't work out much with a foot injury so I can see his weight going up. But man...
    When you read the article, the "reportedly" is someone's opinion and not based on any facts or inside info.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •