Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Someone got some explaining to do if Zion not ready opening night

Someone got some explaining to do if Zion not ready opening night

It is not gossip or fake news but this Zion injury . Well he has not touched the court in practice. We are one week away.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...d0c9c5478.html

Im expecting the worse so i don't get mu hopes up... and if when he comes back, he wont even be ready yet because of conditioning (fat) and getting in game shape...

And before his family trashes the organization for not winning much, they have to look closer as well cause he has been injury prone since the start. Not that the organization has no faults in itself cause they messed up as well, but both go hand in hand with the results.

I'm almost ready for him to be traded. What a crap era of basketball. Watching a kid with so much potential that just can't get out of his own way based on immaturity and enabling family members
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I'm almost ready for him to be traded. What a crap era of basketball. Watching a kid with so much potential that just can't get out of his own way based on immaturity and enabling family members
    He goes and suddenly he’s svelte and fit and doesn’t miss a game, I’ll feel like the universe is actively futzing with us.

Anyone who puts that infernal hashtag doesn’t get a birthday next year.

Just remember Griff. Said it was no big deal. He would be ready for season opener. Christian Clark looking smarter now. Willie wondering what he got himself into here.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Just remember Griff. Said it was no big deal. He would be ready for season opener. Christian Clark looking smarter now. Willie wondering what he got himself into here.
    How does Clark look smarter? He did not even know about the injury and instead wasted his time on some soap opera-like piece to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How does Clark look smarter? He did not even know about the injury and instead wasted his time on some soap opera-like piece to get attention.
    You don’t think this is a soap opera right now?

David Griffin revealed Williamson broke a bone in his foot sometime before Summer League (which began Aug. 8). Griffin said Williamson already underwent surgery, with a team physician in the operating room, and was expected to be “back on the floor” before the regular season started.

Griffin characterized himself as “very optimistic," and shrugged off public negativity emanating from the injury. He said the circumstances were understood for several weeks, allowing for a recovery that put Williamson back on the floor before any harm is done to the Pelicans’ season.

“His rehab has been totally in lockstep with the organization, and we’re totally happy with where it’s at,” Griffin said on Sept. 27.
    But coach Willie Green revealed a troubling update Monday night.

The New Orleans Pelicans’ All Star still isn’t running on the court. The season is a week away.
    When asked to elaborate on what Williamson can currently do, Green didn’t paint any more promising of a picture.

“Just ball-handling stuff,” Green said. “He can shoot free throws. But we are holding him back on running until we know further from this test coming up.”
    Someone lying? Fake news?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-14-2021 at 01:56 PM.

You don’t think this is a soap opera right now?
    Those two things are not mutually linked. I don't think Clark is a bad reporter but much of that story was definitely debunked at media day (even if you don't take everything Zion and Griff say as true). And guys like Shamit are definitely hinging on stuff that they've been fed through Clark. Regardless, yeah it's starting to get soap opera-ish, ngl

Someone lying? Fake news?
    This is literally just reports from information released by the team, not any journalist dropping bombshell news, lmao

Will be checked again in 2 weeks and no timetable for Zion's return...going to be a rough start in a must win season for this team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Will be checked again in 2 weeks and no timetable for Zion's return...going to be a rough start in a must win season for this team.
    How is it must win, exactly? Can’t even get a healthy, conditioned Zion.

I’m basically operating mentally that Zion doesn’t even exist. He returns, he’s good, fine. Whatever. But I’ve lost patience with him. He’s unable to be available and then I’m supposed to belive we’re under the gun from him and his family?

jesus christ man, c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

I’m basically operating mentally that Zion doesn’t even exist. He returns, he’s good, fine. Whatever. But I’ve lost patience with him. He’s unable to be available and then I’m supposed to belive we’re under the gun from him and his family?
    Im so pissed rn. Not that I wasn't preparing for it, but still. If he's not on the floor after the first week of ball, I'll just stop giving a ********.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Must win in a way that those outside noises become even louder..griff also definitely gets fired which is good but with how he squandered alot of those assets to be able to compete now and still not show it. Zion's family obviously doubles down on their take with the losing culture and the media smells blood and goes in for the kill.

This team with zion is good enough to be around 7-10th in the west, without him could be brutal.

Atleast we'll keep our pick, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Then when we get it back we will use that pick to dump temple... the cycle continues lol

All I know is I just bought tix for the Knicks game last night. Would this information have influenced my decision? Maybe, maybe not. Just sad that the franchise continues to act as someone said earlier “everything is fine”.

And I’ll use the damn hashtag, maybe it’s gets us out this damn funk. #pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    This is literally just reports from information released by the team, not any journalist dropping bombshell news, lmao
    2 to 5 weeks. Same exact thing they said his rookie year. See you in January Zion

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/zi...ted-2-25-weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Trade him and get Randle back

2 to 5 weeks. Same exact thing they said his rookie year. See you in January Zion

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/zi...ted-2-25-weeks
    ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    ok?
    It’s not opening night like we were promised. No big deal remember?

Trade him and get Randle back
    Trade for a significantly worse player who's like 5 years older?

It’s not opening night like we were promised. No big deal remember?
    I never said that bro. You must be confusing me for someone else.

Anybody surprised? I'm not. I rolled my eyes when I saw this pop up on my phone. He'll be ready when he's ready I didn't expect him to be full-go out the gate. Just par for the course with this team.

Thread Information