.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 174

Thread: Fired coaches, flawed rosters, frosty rapport with Zion

  1. #51
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13,017
    Time to part with Griff.

  2. #52
    The Franchise Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,378
    This article is a waste of time. Let's focus on the upcoming season and not on a such off crap. Let's move on ...

  3. #53
    The Franchise DarkHornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Honestly I only really blame him for his rookie season (which was a serious red flag tbf). It confuses me how anyone could have much of a problem with him last season, but eh. A lot of this stuff is still really really gossippiy, so I still take some of it with a grain of salt
    It's not about the on the court for me. And, yes, it is a bit gossipy. However, it concerns me if there's truth to the idea that the family is doing everything they can to get him out of New Orleans. I don't believe this is only about "they haven't built correctly around Zion." I think it's determined at this point that they are going to get Zion out of here, and I don't believe anything Griffin did or didn't do could have changed it. Maybe I'm just disillusioned after watching the same thing happen with CP3 and AD, but I'm not going to allow myself to get attached to Zion.

    That doesn't mean I think we should be actively trying to push him out of the door, but I don't believe the family is acting in good faith and am detaching myself from him.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    We could literally win 50 games next year and this will all go away. Regardless Zion's signing the extension so this is all much ado about nothing
    Basically my thoughts.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    It's not about the on the court for me. And, yes, it is a bit gossipy. However, it concerns me if there's truth to the idea that the family is doing everything they can to get him out of New Orleans. I don't believe this is only about "they haven't built correctly around Zion." I think it's determined at this point that they are going to get Zion out of here, and I don't believe anything Griffin did or didn't do could have changed it. Maybe I'm just disillusioned after watching the same thing happen with CP3 and AD, but I'm not going to allow myself to get attached to Zion.

    That doesn't mean I think we should be actively trying to push him out of the door, but I don't believe the family is acting in good faith and am detaching myself from him.
    Maybe, you could be right, I just think some fans are jumping the gun a bit. I'm not convinced Zion's parents are "toxic" as something so many people want to throw out there. Do they come off as meddling based on the reports? yeah, for sure. But I can't say I've heard any actual report of them actively wanting Zion out of NO, and while it might be naive to just take that at face value I'm compelled to do just that.

    With that being said, I can't fault you for feeling fatigued and detached about this whole thing. Ever since Zion was drafted these rumors have persisted non-stop, whether they're true or not it's just exhausting. And even if this newest expose is entirely true in the worst ways, it's only purpose is to stir up drama. It just sucks man

  6. #56
    Weird tangent, but if the administration completely cleaned house with the front office, how quickly would Langdon, Cash, Vinson, and others find new spots? How coveted would they be?
    Some of you have never spent a magical platonic night being serenaded by your Alchemist quoting, piano playing, hipster boss and it shows.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Weird tangent, but if the administration completely cleaned house with the front office, how quickly would Langdon, Cash, and Vinson find other spots? How coveted would they be?
    Cash and Vinson would get scooped up on the double lol. Honestly don't really know what exactly Trajan does on this team besides I guess draft/scout stuff?, and if so I'm not super impressed tbh so I can't really speak for him

  8. #58
    I want to point out one thing. The only player/former player that is/was here under Grif that has something negative to say about Grif is Reddick. And his biggest ********** is Grif didn?t trade him to Brooklyn.

    Also until Zion starts **********ing publicly then there ain?t anything here but smoke. Most of which is generated by the press for clickbait.

    And I haven?t seen any rumor that his parents want him out of here as of yet. Just said they were displeased. Displeased with what exactly? Grif, SVG, not winning, Zion?s locker, what?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Cash and Vinson would get scooped up on the double lol. Honestly don't really know what exactly Trajan does on this team besides I guess draft/scout stuff?, and if so I'm not super impressed tbh so I can't really speak for him
    That's my thoughts, too, except I remember Trajan being more coveted when he came here. Which leads me to a few thoughts.

    1) I have followed this team forever and there really hasn't been much in the form of actual "insiders" giving out credible information. Especially locally. We never get tidbits of team moves prior to them happening...we just get people who claim "I was saying this the whole time" after it's broken nationally or a tell all book comes out.

    2) That's a lot of highly coveted people residing in this front office. If it were the dumpster fire this article claims, it seems like they would be leaving in droves.....instead, they are doubling down. If Griff was this bad and relationships this frayed, these highly coveted people would be jumping ship.

    3) Something always felt a little off to me about Zion and NOLA. Like, it doesn't matter who our FO is...he has his eyes elsewhere. And I get that, he's supposed to be the next phenom and nothing phenomenal happens to this franchise. It's just always felt doubtful. Maybe that's the media....maybe there is something there.....

    I definitely think there is smoke. I'm skeptical of the fire. Put a team together that will allow Zion a stage to become phenomenal and win titles and he stays. Don't do that and he leaves. It's always been that way. Doesn't matter what whacked out stuff our FO does.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 09-23-2021 at 12:23 PM.

  10. #60
    Is this Griff final year of his contract? I can see us simply parting ways and not renewing.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    That's my thoughts, too, except I remember Trajan being more coveted when he came here. Which leads me to a few thoughts.

    1) I have followed this team forever and there really hasn't been much in the form of actual "insiders" giving out credible information. Especially locally. We never get tidbits of team moves prior to them happening...we just get people who claim "I was saying this the whole time" after it's broken nationally or a tell all book comes out.

    2) That's a lot of highly coveted people residing in this front office. If it were the dumpster fire this article claims, it seems like they would be leaving in droves.....instead, they are doubling down. If Griff was this bad and relationships this frayed, these highly coveted people would be jumping ship.

    3) Something always felt a little off to me about Zion and NOLA. Like, it doesn't matter who our FO is...he has his eyes elsewhere. And I get that, he's supposed to be the next phenom and nothing phenomenal happens to this franchise. It's just always felt doubtful. Maybe that's the media....maybe there is something there.....

    I definitely think there is smoke. I'm skeptical of the fire. Put a team together that will allow Zion a stage to become phenomenal and win titles and he stays. Don't do that and he leaves. It's always been that way. Doesn't matter what whacked out stuff our FO does.
    Yeah what the media claims, and what we are seeing with our own eyes, just don?t match up.

    Of course one of the issues about our local media is that they are all young guys with little to no experience within businesses much less an NBA business. Everything I see being reported by Mr. Clark as being a dumpster fire, are the normal BS that happens in businesses all over the globe.

    I get a kick out listening to them talk about this shouldn?t have happened, that shouldn?t have happened, but they just don?t get the fact that this organization just like every other organization is made up of people. Some people don?t get along, some do; someone you hire that you think would be a great fit, turns out that they weren?t. This happens all the time. The question is do you let it linger to save face, or do you make a change to correct a bad hire?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #62
    People on Pels twitter and basketball twitter in general really have nothing better to do than to hyper-analyze every little thing that happens, and nothing hits better than the confirmation bias.

    We've been through way too much crap in the past year, and the past month, for me to care at all about an unhappy star or GM. I'm just excited to watch some basketball

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    People on Pels twitter and basketball twitter in general really have nothing better to do than to hyper-analyze every little thing that happens, and nothing hits better than the confirmation bias.

    We've been through way too much crap in the past year, and the past month, for me to care at all about an unhappy star or GM. I'm just excited to watch some basketball
    This times a million. Everyone wants to draw up an entire narrative of what went down with very little actual tangible details to fall back on. It's all about drama

  14. #64
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,423
    Even as detailed as it was, this isn’t the whole story.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    That's my thoughts, too, except I remember Trajan being more coveted when he came here. Which leads me to a few thoughts.

    1) I have followed this team forever and there really hasn't been much in the form of actual "insiders" giving out credible information. Especially locally. We never get tidbits of team moves prior to them happening...we just get people who claim "I was saying this the whole time" after it's broken nationally or a tell all book comes out.

    2) That's a lot of highly coveted people residing in this front office. If it were the dumpster fire this article claims, it seems like they would be leaving in droves.....instead, they are doubling down. If Griff was this bad and relationships this frayed, these highly coveted people would be jumping ship.

    3) Something always felt a little off to me about Zion and NOLA. Like, it doesn't matter who our FO is...he has his eyes elsewhere. And I get that, he's supposed to be the next phenom and nothing phenomenal happens to this franchise. It's just always felt doubtful. Maybe that's the media....maybe there is something there.....

    I definitely think there is smoke. I'm skeptical of the fire. Put a team together that will allow Zion a stage to become phenomenal and win titles and he stays. Don't do that and he leaves. It's always been that way. Doesn't matter what whacked out stuff our FO does.
    Honestly, nah, NO was never going to be a coveted spot for Zion, but we ended up getting him and like you said, I don't think he hates the city and is purposefully forcing his way out. Even with small market teams (the majority of them at least) winning generally cures all. If we suck this year, there's a tiny tiny chance he doesn't sign an extension and gets traded before contract #2. If we're good, there's zero chance that idea even materializes for him. All there is too it

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Even as detailed as it was, this isn’t the whole story.
    Even then... We really don't even need a story on what happened. You can just look at the results and see the gross mismanagement.

    Is it me or all these leaks that seems to start as soon we hired SVG and it's been drama nonstop?

  17. #67
    The biggest question on whether or not Zion wants to be part of this team is: Does he like playing with the players he is playing with, and does he like playing for the coaches? If it is yes to both, non-story.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  18. #68
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,902
    For good or for bad, we all have seen in a political sense how the media can fashion 'the truth' to meet its collective objectives and socio-economic goals. Surely, if a corrupt version of the the 'truth' can gut the greatest republic in the history of mankind, what chance does a small-market basketball team in the south have against such a heinous and malicious mindset?

    It's all a shame, but it's what we've become. Surely, Zion will eventually set sail to flourish elsewhere.
    Last edited by As I See It; 09-23-2021 at 02:39 PM.
    The most important ABILITY that a player must demonstrate in order to claim "Superstar Status" is AVAILABILITY!!

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    For good or for bad, we all have seen in a political sense how the media can fashion 'the truth' to meet its collective objectives and socio-economic goals. Surely, if a corrupt version of the the 'truth' can gut the greatest republic in the history of mankind, what chance does a small-market basketball team in the south have against such a heinous and malicious mindset?

    It's all a shame, but it's what we've become. Surely, Zion will eventually set sail to flourish elsewhere.
    What is this stupid narrative... We have a local writer writing a factual deep dive into the organization. This tin foil conspiracy bs with the media when all our drama isn't being made up. We manufacture so much drama because we are.... I know this is hard to believe... Are a terrible franchise.


    We have a buffoon that drafted Anthony Bennett running our franchise in circles going nowhere. He was upset LeBron came to Cleveland and he was forced to build LeBron's team not Griff. He won a championship. Wtf... Man.


    you guys crying about media picking on a terrible organization being exactly just that... Terrible. Some times... Thing are exactly how they appear. Bad.

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Is this Griff final year of his contract? I can see us simply parting ways and not renewing.
    If we moving on its best to do it ASAP. The only thing worse than a bad decision maker is a lame duck bad decision maker.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    What is this stupid narrative... We have a local writer writing a factual deep dive into the organization. This tin foil conspiracy bs with the media when all our drama isn't being made up. We manufacture so much drama because we are.... I know this is hard to believe... Are a terrible franchise.


    We have a buffoon that drafted Anthony Bennett running our franchise in circles going nowhere. He was upset LeBron came to Cleveland and he was forced to build LeBron's team not Griff. He won a championship. Wtf... Man.


    you guys crying about media picking on a terrible organization being exactly just that... Terrible. Some times... Thing are exactly how they appear. Bad.
    Do you understand what a "fact" is? What exactly was "factual" in that piece that anyone can go corroborate for themselves?

    JJ Redick being pissed off? Yes we know that because he spoke on it. And guess what? Nobody gives a ****. Redick being angry about his personal needs being met is not a stain on Griffin.

    So what else?

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    What is this stupid narrative... We have a local writer writing a factual deep dive into the organization. This tin foil conspiracy bs with the media when all our drama isn't being made up. We manufacture so much drama because we are.... I know this is hard to believe... Are a terrible franchise.


    We have a buffoon that drafted Anthony Bennett running our franchise in circles going nowhere. He was upset LeBron came to Cleveland and he was forced to build LeBron's team not Griff. He won a championship. Wtf... Man.


    you guys crying about media picking on a terrible organization being exactly just that... Terrible. Some times... Thing are exactly how they appear. Bad.
    New Orleans media does have a long standing tradition of hating and trashing on New Orleans teams.

  23. #73
    The Franchise DarkHornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    New Orleans media does have a long standing tradition of hating and trashing on New Orleans teams.
    I've seen no indication that Christian Clark is anything like a Jeff Duncan. I feel like this is a crutch people are reaching for when something gets reported that we don't like.

  24. #74
    It goes beyond Duncan and has been happening longer than him. We've recently been spoiled by Underhill. But going back even into the 90s (probably before that but that's when I started reading) it has been chique for NOLA writers to rag on NOLA sports.

    The other factor that sinks this entire thing is the Saints organization. I get that Mickey Loomis has supposedly backed off the Pels a bit, but.....guys.....come on.....there's no way Gayle has one franchise that is one of the best run in the NFL but then also has an NBA franchise that is being completely bungled. She has the same people in her inner circle advising her with both. It's pretty out there to believe those people helping the Saints run so smoothly are also going to let Griff be so off......add to that my whole point about coveted names like Vinson, Cash, and Langdon continuing to stay with Griff......meh.....
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 09-23-2021 at 08:22 PM.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I've seen no indication that Christian Clark is anything like a Jeff Duncan. I feel like this is a crutch people are reaching for when something gets reported that we don't like.
    Haven't paid much attention to Fletcher Mackel then, have you? He's pretty much paid by WDSU to trash all NOLA sports teams.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •