.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 174

Thread: Fired coaches, flawed rosters, frosty rapport with Zion

  1. #1

    Fired coaches, flawed rosters, frosty rapport with Zion


  2. #2
    When did the NBA stop being fun? Why can't we just enjoy the sport anymore? It's not the case with any other sport, but for whatever reason, with basketball, it's a constant soap opera. It's truly beginning to drive me away from basketball entirely.

  3. #3
    The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,202
    THere really wasn't much to this article tbh.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    THere really wasn't much to this article tbh.
    that's not what twitter would make you think

  5. #5
    Mainly further confirmation that Zion dislikes the org. Can't wait for him to hire Klutch, and we start all that BS again.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Mainly further confirmation that Zion dislikes the org. Can't wait for him to hire Klutch, and we start all that BS again.
    Honestly who cares anymore. I'm tired of being held hostage by our own players. We have plenty of guys on this team who are fun to watch and I'm looking forward to the season (while simultaneously unfollowing all of Pelicans twitter)

  7. #7
    Picking apart the results of Griff moves and there is very little to be positive about. The article did nothing new but made it in a more digestable read. Griff's run has been mediocre.

  8. #8
    "Williamson’s relationship with Griffin had also begun to sour. Although they communicate infrequently now, Griffin tried hard in Williamson’s rookie year to forge a bond. One example: During the Pelicans’ bubble stay, Griffin asked to meet with Williamson and played the piano for him."

    this part lmao


    Man... Our franchise is so wack sometimes

  9. #9
    Another poorly written piece by the "wack" local Pelicans coverage. Holiday quietly asked for a trade? On what planet did any Pelicans fan, even a casual one, didn't see that trade coming? He was going to be traded. He didn't need to ask.

    Nobody cares about what JJ Redick had to say or his situation. There are zero ripple effects from that. That's not a negative on Griffin he couldn't get Redick to the northeast. Nobody gives a ****.

    If Zion is super upset the team was extra cautious with his injury in year 1, that's on him. Not Griffin. That was no excuse for him showing up to the bubble out of shape.

    Of all the things you could even remotely criticize Griffin about, none of it was written there.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Honestly who cares anymore. I'm tired of being held hostage by our own players. We have plenty of guys on this team who are fun to watch and I'm looking forward to the season (while simultaneously unfollowing all of Pelicans twitter)
    Agree, man. Almost not worth having superstars for all of the hassle, especially because we aren't winning a championship in the next 20 years, so the hassle is for naught.

  11. #11
    You misspelled "Mac was trying to tell us all this for months but since our bias incentivized us not to believe it, we called him a liar"

    Know the truth or live your bias...the choice is up to you
    @mcnamara247

  12. #12
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,779
    In the end, Zion's biggest contribution to the team will be as a trading chip.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You misspelled "Mac was trying to tell us all this for months but since our bias incentivized us not to believe it, we called him a liar"

    Know the truth or live your bias...the choice is up to you
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aed.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	6592

  14. #14
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,349
    Griffin is fake. A sack of slimy disgusting insects and pseudo intellectual platitudes. ?Family.? Life has taught me that family isn?t a always a good thing. There?s the family you inherit and the one you choose, Fast and Furious style.

    Of course Zion is repelled by him. I doubt anyone in the organization really likes him beyond career furthering ambitions.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You misspelled "Mac was trying to tell us all this for months but since our bias incentivized us not to believe it, we called him a liar"

    Know the truth or live your bias...the choice is up to you
    You've still said it's more likely than not he stays here

  16. #16
    I really don't want this season to save Griff job with some hollow play in tournament run with sub 40 wins.

    He talked his way into this hole and he almost made some egregious deals with super old players, because he was desperate. When a FO move so desperately... He's not doing what's best for the fans, Zion, city of NOLA, or the franchise long term. Only for himself.
    Last edited by Taker597; 09-22-2021 at 12:00 PM.

  17. #17
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I really don't want this season to save Griff job with some hollow play in tournament run with sub 40 wins.

    He talked his way into this hole and he almost made some egregious deals with super old players, because he was desperate. When a FO move so desperately... He's not doing what's best for the fans, Zion, city of NOLA, or the franchise long term.
    The process is flawed. The results may be positive but when the decision maker is no better than a monkey throwing sarts, you’ll end up with crap before long.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The process is flawed. The results may be positive but when the decision maker is no better than a monkey throwing sarts, you’ll end up with crap before long.
    You have to say his moves this off-season have been fairly solid, compared to the all time dumpster fire of last

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You misspelled "Mac was trying to tell us all this for months but since our bias incentivized us not to believe it, we called him a liar"

    Know the truth or live your bias...the choice is up to you
    The SOB has returned!
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  20. #20
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,349
    Can you blame him? This story was like the Mac Signal.

  21. #21
    New pod from Mac too!

  22. #22
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,272
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Another poorly written piece by the "wack" local Pelicans coverage. Holiday quietly asked for a trade? On what planet did any Pelicans fan, even a casual one, didn't see that trade coming? He was going to be traded. He didn't need to ask.
    But it is true that he quietly asked. He did not pull an AD and blast the organization to pressure a move. He did it correctly, behind the scenes. Nothing wrong with that comment.

  23. #23
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    New pod from Mac too!
    Fandom is folly.

    Mac’s final thesis statement.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But it is true that he quietly asked. He did not pull an AD and blast the organization to pressure a move. He did it correctly, behind the scenes. Nothing wrong with that comment.
    Everyone knew that offseason they were going to trade Jrue. They even tried at the trade deadline the prior season.

    He was not in this team's long-term plans past that 1 year with Gentry. Who didn't see that?

    So that comment makes no sense....is the point. He didn't really need to ask. It was just a matter of where to trade him to.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    THere really wasn't much to this article tbh.
    Well written article by nola.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •