Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Jaxson Hayes arrested after domestic call turns into brawl with LEO

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I don't get the strategy at all. Why would they care what the NBA does? That's not their job.
    Agree. They should concentrate on the legal aspects of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I don't get the strategy at all. Why would they care what the NBA does? That's not their job.
    That struck me as well. This is what they're worried about?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    That struck me as well. This is what they're worried about?
    They’re worried about public image methinks. They know they are in the wrong and are desperate to shift the blame to Jax

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    They’re worried about public image methinks. They know they are in the wrong and are desperate to shift the blame to Jax
    Running to "tell your parents" is an interesting strategy when one is worried about public image

Unless they are "negotiating" saying that they will not press charges as long as the NBA punishes him. Seems weak if they truly believe they have a case against him.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Unless they are "negotiating" saying that they will not press charges as long as the NBA punishes him. Seems weak if they truly believe they have a case against him.
    It would not be pretty if they pressed charges against Jax most likely. They are technically overstepping their bounds again by requesting the NBA suspend him which tells me they are absolutely desperate.

First of all it is the Union, and NOT the LAPD that is making this request. Two different organizations.

The union probably thinks that the DA will not have the back of the police involved in the incident, and thus they think Hayes will get off this. So, the union is requesting Benson and the NBA to penalize him especially if the charges are dropped against him.

Wonder if this is why we are seeing reports that the Pels are interested in Lauri?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what it looks like to me.

Footage comes out of them doing something that most people think looks like a serious abuse of power and their first response is to be like ''b-b-b-b-b-but he said the N word!'' and then comparing it to Leonard's anti-semitic slurs. Not sure if the LAPD Police Union is aware that Jaxson is black or not, but general cultural and linguistic norms lend themselves towards him being allowed to use that word without it being a big deal.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    First of all it is the Union, and NOT the LAPD that is making this request. Two different organizations.

The union probably thinks that the DA will not have the back of the police involved in the incident, and thus they think Hayes will get off this. So, the union is requesting Benson and the NBA to penalize him especially if the charges are dropped against him.

Wonder if this is why we are seeing reports that the Pels are interested in Lauri?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We've been linked to Lauri for a long time

It would not be pretty if they pressed charges against Jax most likely. They are technically overstepping their bounds again by requesting the NBA suspend him which tells me they are absolutely desperate.
    The police union doesn’t have any power to press or drop charges against Jaxson. The function of the police union is to “represent” their members, i.e. the people on the police force who pay union dues.

It’s pretty much just a PR move to show to their dues paying members that they have their back. After all, I suppose their members expect to have something in return for the union dues they pay every month.

There is actually a pretty compelling argument that public service jobs (i.e. police, teachers) shouldn’t have unions.

Lebron, Chris Paul. Jaylen Brown come in defense of Jaxson yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    Sounds like it could be "turn around" to me, but fair enough. I won't dispute that. However, what does that prove? As I said before, you don't have the right to obstruct police activity while filming. If you're standing a few feet away from an active arrest and cops have to maneuver around you to get to the scene, that certainly qualifies.

So, what's more likely then?

1) The cop was trying to make sure there was no video of the arrest knowing that each of them were wearing body cams that could be subpoenaed? Or,

2) That the cop was trying to get the camera man to put down the phone, realize that he's in the way of an active arrest, and immediately get him the heck out of there?
    Maybe consider disputing less, in general, as it relates to a young black man getting obviously brutalized by overly-aggressive idiot cops. A taser to the heart?! Twice?! F that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Meh. The whole thing looks pretty minor to me (I didn't have audio, but could read it). He should've chilled out, but I'd probably be agitated too if they kept putting their hands all over me like that.

I listened to it and the police never seemed to communicate to him exactly what was going on or why they had a right to come into his house. Whenever he said you need a warrant they just saying “no we don’t.”

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    I listened to it and the police never seemed to communicate to him exactly what was going on or why they had a right to come into his house. Whenever he said you need a warrant they just saying “no we don’t.”
    It's not his house, it's his girlfriend's

Also, Jax clearly wasn't in a cooperating mood. He just wanted to win

Big JAX fan here.

Sorry, JAX was wrong. He will be suspended for about 10 games and life will go on.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It's not his house, it's his girlfriend's

Also, Jax clearly wasn't in a cooperating mood. He just wanted to win
    Regardless, the cops could’ve de escalated the situation by simply making it a calmer environment and communicating exactly what was going on and just a bit of respect. “Sir, in these situations we are obligated to make sure that both parties are ok.” No they immediately wanted to cuff him and push him around like bullies. They were looking for a fight.

Regardless, the cops could’ve de escalated the situation by simply making it a calmer environment and communicating exactly what was going on and just a bit of respect. “Sir, in these situations we are obligated to make sure that both parties are ok.” No they immediately wanted to cuff him and push him around like bullies. They were looking for a fight.
    Jax was either high or drunk or just completely ignorant. His friend tried everything he could to calm him down and Jax did not want to calm down. It almost seemed as if he was trying to instigate the situation with some of his comments.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Am I mistaken or didn’t the girlfriend call 911? Yeah there is no “calmer environment” during a safety check for someone calling the cops on someone else. The officers rose their level of intensity as Jaxon rose his. The only thing I think the police are really at fault for is the taser. I’ve watched the full video multiple times, and I can’t justify the use of the taser.

From what I have seen the gf 's cousin who was not there called the police when the gf texted them that Jax was acting upset. No one at the location wanted the police there or contacted them.

Thread Information