Pelicans Report

Thread: Interesting take from an outside observer.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

Interesting take from an outside observer.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I mean we all know something is not right. It’s a bunch of here say, but it’s clear that players have been unhappy here rather quickly. It’s like they are being punished when they are traded to the Pels. It shouldn’t be like that and the game should be fun. But, players arrive and become miserable. Uts definitely not because of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I mean we all know something is not right. It?s a bunch of here say, but it?s clear that players have been unhappy here rather quickly. It?s like they are being punished when they are traded to the Pels. It shouldn?t be like that and the game should be fun. But, players arrive and become miserable. Uts definitely not because of the city.
    And yet the same ownership attracts football players 200 yards away with no problem.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Coop isn’t an outsider. I think he’s from Algiers.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    And yet the same ownership attracts football players 200 yards away with no problem.
    NBA is a different group of players. I guess it is because there are less players on the team, so the stars have more leverage. And then the NBA allows certain stars to pretty much run the league and tamper via agencies, etc. As such, they convince the other stars that bigger is better and that they should all team up and/or go to the more visible markets.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Coop isn’t an outsider. I think he’s from Algiers.

At 9:43 he goes "If Josh Hart doesn't want US then who does". I picked up on that the 2nd time I watched it. So I guess that's why he was so well versed in the hate of Bledsoe.

This franchise didn't fail to build around Chris Paul tho. People forget that team was a #2 seed in the west that went 7 games in the 2nd round.

Things fell apart off the court with an owner who had no business owning an NBA team.

You could make the case they didn't build around Anthony Davis, and some of that was just bad luck.

Zion, there is no case. He's only given this franchise 85 games. If the rumors of his dissatisfaction are true, that's on him being a spoiled little child and his entitled family. Not this franchise.

Way too early for that nonsense.
    Last edited by luckyman; 06-25-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I don't think there's a player on the Saints that signed there due to the owner. Head coach, track record of success, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This franchise didn't fail to build around Chris Paul tho. People forget that team was a #2 seed in the west that went 7 games in the 2nd round.

Things fell apart off the court with an owner who had no business owning an NBA team.

You could make the case they didn't build around Anthony Davis, and some of that was just bad luck.

Zion, there is no case. He's only given this franchise 85 games. If the rumors of his dissatisfaction are true, that's on him being a spoiled little child and his entitled family. Not this franchise.

Yep.

Amen

Probably the best post that you have written in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Probably the best post that you have written in a while.
    Nah I wrote a whole bunch the other day

Coop used to post here. He is cool people. He got me into Childish Gambino music lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I agree. We should at least let him choose the coach though. It?s not like we are doing any better letting the GM do it. Why not? Players run the league anyways. Not like the Pels are going to be the team to change the script.

I mean they could but they would first have to have a coach that holds players accountable. Oh snaps. They already tried that and it failed.

Thread Information