.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 303

Thread: Stan Van Gundy Out {merged}

  1. #201
    I think SVG did some good things in a really difficult circumstance. Benching JAX worked. Letting Zion play lots of minutes and playing at Point was worthwhile whether you think Point Zion is a thing for the future or not IMO. I really appreciated his accountability for players and self. I wish him well.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

  2. #202

    Stan Van Gundy Out {merged}

    One thing i liked i about SVG is he demanded accountability. Total opposite of Gentry, who never blamed anybody after a 3 minute interview.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 06-17-2021 at 03:48 PM.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    I think SVG did some good things in a really difficult circumstance. Benching JAX worked. Letting Zion play lots of minutes and playing at Point was worthwhile whether you think Point Zion is a thing for the future or not IMO. I really appreciated his accountability for players and self. I wish him well.
    I agree. Hopefully that isn?t why they parted ways.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #204
    If the guy in the head chair doesn?t matter (the guys surrounding him are the X?s and O?s guys) then why not go with a Fred Vinson, Witherspoon, etc. If the collective effort of the staff is more important than the individuals then don?t go with a retread. There is absolutely nothing exciting about a retread. If you are selling your fan base on a guy like Kidd or Vaughn, expect massive rejection from the fan base.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  5. #205
    Back Door Man RUFshreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think its Lee with Spoon getting a promotion. Not the head job.

    But I dont think it is impossible to envision a scenario where Lee turns it down. Imagine: You have a killer interview, know you are the man for the job, are told you are a finalist and to start looking for assistants should you be hired. Then, they go hire some over the hill white dude instead of you and it fails like you knew it would. Now they come back to you and ask if you want the job this time. I am not saying you turn it down - it is 1 of only 30 after all, but I dont think its a LOCK he wants it
    You're joking, right?

  6. #206
    Will Weaver becomes a possible choice again. And he is familiar with this organization having coached Didi in Australia and worked with Trajan in Brooklyn. G-League coach of the year.

    Ime Udoka needs to get a shot at some point as well.

  7. #207
    Hall of Famer WildlifeAirGrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Orleans/Kenya
    Posts
    651
    I won't chime in on who I would like to see next because what do I know? But I will tell you this, here is a business part of this equation. I have to imagine ticket renewals have plummeted and new ticket sales are non-existent. Outside of this message, here is ZERO buzz for this franchise in and around the city and with all of the talk of Phoenix and Atlanta moving forward it has got to sting.
    Thanks Pelicans Report - I get a laugh or three every day reading this thing. Hoping the magic returns to the SKC soon.
    Wildlife Aviation Group

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I won't chime in on who I would like to see next because what do I know? But I will tell you this, here is a business part of this equation. I have to imagine ticket renewals have plummeted and new ticket sales are non-existent. Outside of this message, here is ZERO buzz for this franchise in and around the city and with all of the talk of Phoenix and Atlanta moving forward it has got to sting.
    Hence T. Spoon’s name is being thrown around. Imagine the buzz around having the first female head coach.

  9. #209
    Unless we have a great option available, an interim coach like Vinson would be ideal for now. I don?t see many I?d take a gamble on atm.

  10. #210
    Mystery candidates? Will Wade?

  11. #211
    Free Big Panda ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    885
    Fred Vinson was killing it in Summer League 2 years ago. We would have been Summer League champs had the refs actually called a foul on Memphis (NAW got hacked, no call). He is a good coach and the players love him.

  12. #212
    I dont know about Charles Lee. Didn't he sh*t the bed at the Battle of Monmouth?... continue on without my history joke, I'll show myself out.

  13. #213
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    6,285

  14. #214
    So....curious if Luckyman will finally say there is some truth to this now that it is Will and Shams writing the same things I told you everyone knew behind the scenes for a while about Zion and his family. Or are these guys not credible too?

    https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...52628952670208
    @mcnamara247

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior88 View Post
    I dont know about Charles Lee. Didn't he sh*t the bed at the Battle of Monmouth?... continue on without my history joke, I'll show myself out.
    Hamilton:“Every one attack!”

    Lee: “*retreat*”

    H: “Attack!”

    L:“*retreat*”

    Heard that on my run today.

  16. #216
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    6,285
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So....curious if Luckyman will finally say there is some truth to this now that it is Will and Shams writing the same things I told you everyone knew behind the scenes for a while about Zion and his family. Or are these guys not credible too?

    https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...52628952670208
    Did Shams write a free article?

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So....curious if Luckyman will finally say there is some truth to this now that it is Will and Shams writing the same things I told you everyone knew behind the scenes for a while about Zion and his family. Or are these guys not credible too?

    https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...52628952670208
    No I won't because this continues to make no sense. First he was unhappy with Griff and Van Gundy. So they bend over backwards and get rid of Van Gundy.

    Now they are more unhappy? So they wanted Van Gundy to stay after all? Which is it?

    But this is why Kwame Brown has been going ape over the past month against media. Print whatever you want as click bait...especially these days, and it pretty much goes unchecked. What are the consequences if this is untrue?

    None. They got their clicks for the pay per article Athletic that nobody here can read.
    Last edited by luckyman; 06-17-2021 at 11:51 AM.

  18. #218
    Hmmm. I don't know about this. I know Griff has messed up but Zion, his first year came in overweight and injured. That's not on the team, that's on him.

    Plus the family says they want the right pieces around him. JJ wasn't doing anything and Lonzo isn't it either imo. So if Zion thinks this is just some friendship type of situation, he needs to grow up. I get that he wants to play w/ his friends and the people he likes but come on, this is a business. Plus if this is true and Zion feels the way his fam feels, this sounds very prima donna to me and I don't like that.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Hmmm. I don't know about this. I know Griff has messed up but Zion, his first year came in overweight and injured. That's not on the team, that's on him.

    Plus the family says they want the right pieces around him. JJ wasn't doing anything and Lonzo isn't it either imo. So if Zion thinks this is just some friendship type of situation, he needs to grow up. I get that he wants to play w/ his friends and the people he likes but come on, this is a business. Plus if this is true and Zion feels the way his fam feels, this sounds very prima donna to me and I don't like that.
    More than prima donna. Just outright childish petulance...if true. He's still a sieve on defense and has no range on offense.

    Yet, business wise, he's ahead of schedule. He has his own shoe. Which is not easy. Jayson Tatum, playing in perhaps the 3rd largest market, who has balled in the playoffs every year he's been in the league, still does not have his own signature shoe. He's just now really getting national advertisements.

    Zion has pretty much had all that day 1.

    I'm just going to let this play out. But if this proves to be overblown click bait nonsense, best believe I'm going 100% "victim" mode about it.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The brewery is open and hosting events

    https://faubourgbrewery.com/

    LOL for you saying the horse industry does not generate enough revenue

    Everything else you need to know

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayle_Benson
    Umm, LOL for you thinking I said that?

  21. #221
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,240
    The result was bad. But I really aren’t liking the process. The methodology is off too. It’s like I’m seeing someone wing it. Oogie Boogie needs to get stepped on.

  22. #222


    I'm done with Griff
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-17-2021 at 06:35 PM.

  23. #223
    I miss Flygirl

  24. #224
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,697
    Forgive me my ignorance, who is Ime Udoka?

    https://hoopshype.com/rumor/ime-udok...aching-search/
    Disclaimer: I would never denigrate or defame Zion Williamson as a man or as a basketball player; he will go down as an NBA great and perhaps a Top 10+ player of all time. Any inference derived from any of my posts to the contrary is your mischaracterization of my words, or a sign of insecurity on your part (perhaps both).

    Respectfully,

    AISI

  25. #225
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,240
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I miss Flygirl
    Yeah. Crazy she never got to see Zion. She’d have loved him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •