Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Stan Van Gundy Out {merged}

I think SVG did some good things in a really difficult circumstance. Benching JAX worked. Letting Zion play lots of minutes and playing at Point was worthwhile whether you think Point Zion is a thing for the future or not IMO. I really appreciated his accountability for players and self. I wish him well.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Stan Van Gundy Out {merged}

One thing i liked i about SVG is he demanded accountability. Total opposite of Gentry, who never blamed anybody after a 3 minute interview.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 06-17-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    I think SVG did some good things in a really difficult circumstance. Benching JAX worked. Letting Zion play lots of minutes and playing at Point was worthwhile whether you think Point Zion is a thing for the future or not IMO. I really appreciated his accountability for players and self. I wish him well.
    I agree. Hopefully that isn?t why they parted ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the guy in the head chair doesn?t matter (the guys surrounding him are the X?s and O?s guys) then why not go with a Fred Vinson, Witherspoon, etc. If the collective effort of the staff is more important than the individuals then don?t go with a retread. There is absolutely nothing exciting about a retread. If you are selling your fan base on a guy like Kidd or Vaughn, expect massive rejection from the fan base.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think its Lee with Spoon getting a promotion. Not the head job.

But I dont think it is impossible to envision a scenario where Lee turns it down. Imagine: You have a killer interview, know you are the man for the job, are told you are a finalist and to start looking for assistants should you be hired. Then, they go hire some over the hill white dude instead of you and it fails like you knew it would. Now they come back to you and ask if you want the job this time. I am not saying you turn it down - it is 1 of only 30 after all, but I dont think its a LOCK he wants it
    You're joking, right?

Will Weaver becomes a possible choice again. And he is familiar with this organization having coached Didi in Australia and worked with Trajan in Brooklyn. G-League coach of the year.

Ime Udoka needs to get a shot at some point as well.

I won't chime in on who I would like to see next because what do I know? But I will tell you this, here is a business part of this equation. I have to imagine ticket renewals have plummeted and new ticket sales are non-existent. Outside of this message, here is ZERO buzz for this franchise in and around the city and with all of the talk of Phoenix and Atlanta moving forward it has got to sting.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I won't chime in on who I would like to see next because what do I know? But I will tell you this, here is a business part of this equation. I have to imagine ticket renewals have plummeted and new ticket sales are non-existent. Outside of this message, here is ZERO buzz for this franchise in and around the city and with all of the talk of Phoenix and Atlanta moving forward it has got to sting.
    Hence T. Spoon’s name is being thrown around. Imagine the buzz around having the first female head coach.

Unless we have a great option available, an interim coach like Vinson would be ideal for now. I don?t see many I?d take a gamble on atm.

Mystery candidates? Will Wade?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Fred Vinson was killing it in Summer League 2 years ago. We would have been Summer League champs had the refs actually called a foul on Memphis (NAW got hacked, no call). He is a good coach and the players love him.

I dont know about Charles Lee. Didn't he sh*t the bed at the Battle of Monmouth?... continue on without my history joke, I'll show myself out.

So....curious if Luckyman will finally say there is some truth to this now that it is Will and Shams writing the same things I told you everyone knew behind the scenes for a while about Zion and his family. Or are these guys not credible too?

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...52628952670208
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior88 View Post
    I dont know about Charles Lee. Didn't he sh*t the bed at the Battle of Monmouth?... continue on without my history joke, I'll show myself out.
    Hamilton:“Every one attack!”

Lee: “*retreat*”

H: “Attack!”

L:“*retreat*”

Heard that on my run today.

So....curious if Luckyman will finally say there is some truth to this now that it is Will and Shams writing the same things I told you everyone knew behind the scenes for a while about Zion and his family. Or are these guys not credible too?

Did Shams write a free article?

No I won't because this continues to make no sense. First he was unhappy with Griff and Van Gundy. So they bend over backwards and get rid of Van Gundy.

Now they are more unhappy? So they wanted Van Gundy to stay after all? Which is it?

But this is why Kwame Brown has been going ape over the past month against media. Print whatever you want as click bait...especially these days, and it pretty much goes unchecked. What are the consequences if this is untrue?

None. They got their clicks for the pay per article Athletic that nobody here can read.
    Last edited by luckyman; 06-17-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Hmmm. I don't know about this. I know Griff has messed up but Zion, his first year came in overweight and injured. That's not on the team, that's on him.

Plus the family says they want the right pieces around him. JJ wasn't doing anything and Lonzo isn't it either imo. So if Zion thinks this is just some friendship type of situation, he needs to grow up. I get that he wants to play w/ his friends and the people he likes but come on, this is a business. Plus if this is true and Zion feels the way his fam feels, this sounds very prima donna to me and I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Hmmm. I don't know about this. I know Griff has messed up but Zion, his first year came in overweight and injured. That's not on the team, that's on him.

Plus the family says they want the right pieces around him. JJ wasn't doing anything and Lonzo isn't it either imo. So if Zion thinks this is just some friendship type of situation, he needs to grow up. I get that he wants to play w/ his friends and the people he likes but come on, this is a business. Plus if this is true and Zion feels the way his fam feels, this sounds very prima donna to me and I don't like that.
    More than prima donna. Just outright childish petulance...if true. He's still a sieve on defense and has no range on offense.

Yet, business wise, he's ahead of schedule. He has his own shoe. Which is not easy. Jayson Tatum, playing in perhaps the 3rd largest market, who has balled in the playoffs every year he's been in the league, still does not have his own signature shoe. He's just now really getting national advertisements.

Zion has pretty much had all that day 1.

I'm just going to let this play out. But if this proves to be overblown click bait nonsense, best believe I'm going 100% "victim" mode about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The brewery is open and hosting events

https://faubourgbrewery.com/

LOL for you saying the horse industry does not generate enough revenue

Everything else you need to know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayle_Benson
    Umm, LOL for you thinking I said that?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The result was bad. But I really aren’t liking the process. The methodology is off too. It’s like I’m seeing someone wing it. Oogie Boogie needs to get stepped on.

I'm done with Griff
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-17-2021 at 06:35 PM.

I miss Flygirl

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I miss Flygirl
    Yeah. Crazy she never got to see Zion. She’d have loved him.

Thread Information