Pelicans Report

Page 89 of 157 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Lonzo was fine being in New Orleans. Liked his teammates and his coaches.

But he didnt want to be a 3 and D in the half court. So, no....he didnt want to be here
    @mcnamara247

i feel like unless the pels explode next year, they put themselves in a lose-lose situation with this move. Just barely make the playoffs and you traded a pick in the teens for a guy who didnt change the team trajectory, miss the playoffs you keep the pick but the offseason was an abject failure because you traded a frp and 7 spots to be in the exact same spot you would have been sitting on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Money talks.
    For real. I believe that Lonzo wanted to be here. And by that I mean, I believe that if the Pelicans had just given Lonzo everything he wanted, he would have stayed.

But he wanted to play the lead guard for 4 years, $20m+ a year, and a Player Option. Chicago was willing to give it to him, we weren't.

He wanted to be here, but he didn't want to be here more than he wanted 20 million dollars and a player option at the PG position. Which is fine, but let's not kid ourselves.
    Basketball.

No way that this is the last move of Pelicans FA

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    No way this is the last move of Pelicans FA
    I mean, it literally can't be, Hart still hasn't signed somewhere lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, it literally can't be, Hart still hasn't signed somewhere lmao
    I can’t see how the Pels would end FA with this being the only significant signing or trade since FA began

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    i feel like unless the pels explode next year, they put themselves in a lose-lose situation with this move. Just barely make the playoffs and you traded a pick in the teens for a guy who didnt change the team trajectory, miss the playoffs you keep the pick but the offseason was an abject failure because you traded a frp and 7 spots to be in the exact same spot you would have been sitting on your hands.
    Waste another year of elite seems par for the course.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I mean, it literally can't be, Hart still hasn't signed somewhere (else) lmao
    Fixed that for ya. :P

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Fixed that for ya. :P
    I mean, I'm hoping S&T

Also, while I am not one of these people, if you're one of the people who believe Vinson can just automatically improve any shooter, then you should be hyped about getting him in the gym with Devonte.

Graham shot better than 37% both of the last two years on insane volume, 12.5 per 100 in 19-20 and 14.0 per 100 in 20-21. Top 5 in per 100 volume among players who qualified in minutes.

If you believe Vinson can make anyone a better shooter, then just imagine Graham +3% from 3 on that volume. Insanity.

I like Graham. I hate to lose Zo, but I do like Graham.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I mean, I'm hoping S&T
    Gotcha

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I like Graham a lot - but I do hate giving up a 1st when we basically got nothing for Lonzo. Dems the breaks but it sure feels like we're losing the GM game...

Paul Millsap?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Is it possible that we could still sign someone like Reggie Jackson? Graham may not be an upgrade over Ball, but he did sign for half the price

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    No way that this is the last move of Pelicans FA
    Can't be. Looking at our cap, we have a lot of room under the tax. Could we overpay for Dinwiddie? Derozan?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Can't be. Looking at our cap, we have a lot of room under the tax. Could we overpay for Dinwiddie? Derozan?
    S&T Hart for Joe Ingles

>_>
    <_<

The dream is alive

Yeah, just totally disagree here. I've said since at least January that I wouldn't pay a cent more than $18m a year for Lonzo and that's true today. You don't pay $20m+ for complimentary wings unless they are elite and Lonzo is not.
    That is a totally different argument than your 1st. And I disagree with both.

Fair point about the salary. Lonzo will be one of the highest paid non-all star wings in the league next year. Only Heild, Powell, Brogdon, and CJ make more on non-albatrosses contracts.

But Ball is only slightly behind Barnes, Vanvleet, Lavine, and Grant annually. And Sexton, Lavine, Smart, Rozier, and Gordon could all pass him next year. the salaries continue to go up and this year has actually seen a slight stagnation in market costs. Good year to sign long term deals.

My point is that losing a under 25 year old solid starter for nothing is not good team building.

Hopefully grif has something I don’t see yet up his sleeve.

S&T Hart for Joe Ingles

>_>
    <_<

The dream is alive
    Joe Ingles isn't that great at the 4. What you trying to accomplish? BI at the 2?

Possibly unders for Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Paul Millsap?
    He would be a really nice fit on this team on the cheap if the Nuggets allow him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Bird View Post
    That is a totally different argument than your 1st. And I disagree with both.

Fair point about the salary. Lonzo will be one of the highest paid non-all star wings in the league next year. Only Heild, Powell, Brogdon, and CJ make more on non-albatrosses contracts.

But Ball is only slightly behind Barnes, Vanvleet, Lavine, and Grant annually. And Sexton, Lavine, Smart, Rozier, and Gordon could all pass him next year. the salaries continue to go up and this year has actually seen a slight stagnation in market costs. Good year to sign long term deals.

My point is that losing a under 25 year old solid starter for nothing is not good team building.

Hopefully grif has something I don’t see yet up his sleeve.
    I also hope there is another move to be made.

In fairness as well, it's worth stating that Buddy's deal is actually declining so while he'll be paid more than Lonzo this upcoming season, he'll actually be paid less each season after that.

I also think CJ is overpaid, and that extra year on Powell's new contract is nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Joe Ingles isn't that great at the 4. What you trying to accomplish? BI at the 2?
    Screw it, why not?

Also, BI doesn't play 48 minutes a game.

Edit: this is partially joking, but in reality what I mean is, I don't really care about nominal positions. Both Ingles and BI can shoot, pass, and handle somewhat. They can both C&S and run a PnR. I don't really care which of them is technically playing which position, but they can take the floor alongside each other in my opinion.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-02-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Thread Information