Pelicans Report

Page 82 of 157 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    They are trying to do something. More than I can say for us.
    I’d rather nothing than overpays for Ball and Caruso.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Dragic was my first choice, but at this point I'd be happy with Reggie Jackson. A veteran player who has played well in pressure situations, good on defense and can be number 3 option on offense. He should fit the Pelican's needs nicely.
    Reggie had a big playoffs, granted, I'd learn to like him if we signed him I suppose haha

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think one thing we have to realise is that we do have a roster.

Kira/Sato
    NAW/Hart
    BI/Naji
    Zion/Murphy
    JV/Jax

Yes, it would be nice if we could add something - and I certainly hope we can - but if the only option is a massive overpay then I'd rather just go into the season as is.

Like, for example, Powell is still available. I want to add Powell. But if Powell is demanding $25m a year for 4 years, I would rather just go into the season as it is.
    I agree. Not sure why Alonzo is so overrated by fans. Everybody always points out that he gets better every year, I wonder if they ever look at the stats. He regressed or stayed even in every stat except for free throws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Dragic was my first choice, but at this point I'd be happy with Reggie Jackson. A veteran player who has played well in pressure situations, good on defense and can be number 3 option on offense. He should fit the Pelican's needs nicely.
    Agreed, I like Reggie as well. No real deficiencies anywhere in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Bird View Post
    Everyone is gone!!!!!

......what's wrong with Ben Simmons again?
    The asking price. Otherwise, IF he is willing to come in and defer shots to Zion and BI while Vinson fixes his shot....he'd be fun.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-02-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

They are trying to do something. More than I can say for us.
    I don't think we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The asking price. Otherwise, IF he is willing to come in and defer shots to Zion and BI will Vinson fixes his shot....he'd be fun.
    Can you fix something that doesn't exist?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Still haven't done anything with Hart, numerous guys we've been connected to like Graham and Powell still out there, still haven't used the MLE, etc etc.

I get the temptation to declare FA over after like 2.5 hours, but come on guys.

Plus I'd rather us do nothing than rush something in desperation and mess up. Rather nothing at all than panick offering Dinwiddie $25m a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Bird View Post
    Everyone is gone!!!!!

......what's wrong with Ben Simmons again?
    I would love him here actually. Vinson could help him w/ his shot and here he would only have to give us about 10 pts a night if that really. But he would be a great fit w/ Zion and BI.

Hopefully any Dinwiddie, Graham, and Powell offers are 2-3 years, preferably 2

Idk... The vibe I'm getting is that FA don't seem interested in NOLA/Griff.. If quality FA don't want to come here. It's kind of over. We might have to trade for a quality player or wait for the leftovers.

I would love him here actually. Vinson could help him w/ his shot and here he would only have to give us about 10 pts a night if that really. But he would be a great fit w/ Zion and BI.
    I like Vinson as much as anyone but where has this idea that he can just turn anyone into a shooter come from?

Like yes, BI and Lonzo improved, but it's not like he turned Steven Adams into a 3pt shooter and let's be honest, Simmons is about as much of a 3PT shooter as Adams was.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Hopefully any Dinwiddie, Graham, and Powell offers are 2-3 years, preferably 2
    Graham 2yrs $28m, come on in

Just S&T Hart to Sacramento for Buddy pls

Don't we still need 3pt shooters.

I like Vinson as much as anyone but where has this idea that he can just turn anyone into a shooter come from?

Like yes, BI and Lonzo improved, but it's not like he turned Steven Adams into a 3pt shooter and let's be honest, Simmons is about as much of a 3PT shooter as Adams was.
    Hey. You're the guy who doesn't believe in clutch moments so him sitting the end of games for horrible FT reasons should be ok.

Just playing. I know that got blown out of proportions.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Hearing that Dinwiddie is waiting to see if Washington matches or beats an offer we made to him....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I’d rather nothing than overpays for Ball and Caruso.
    Lonzo signing only makes the Bulls a stronger play-in seed now. 8th-9th seed is about as far as their ceiling goes with him.

This makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Hearing that Dinwiddie is waiting to see if Washington matches or beats an offer we made to him....
    Damn... That kind of hurts man.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    from whom? cuz that would be gnarly

Damn... That kind of hurts man.

I didn't hear that he really tried w/ Adams. All we need here is improvement like BI and Zo. Not talking Curry or anything. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    Anywhere but NOLA...

Thread Information