.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1487

Thread: Pels Off season thread

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Generational Defensive anticipation when we got guards beating him to open lanes every night with his slow feet and getting walked to the basket or fouling in the clutch... what....

    The only great pass he can achieve is pocket passes. It's why Ingram and Zion run the offense in the 4t, because they actually have vision and can run half court sets. This is ridiculous
    I actually completely disagree on this. He's a mediocre pocket passer. The area where Lonzo's passing is truly spectacular is in the full-court: he throws outlets and other long range passes with great timing, accuracy, and anticipation, and does so more regularly than all but the very best in this category (Jokic, comes to mind, as someone better for example).

    Pocket passes are something he has improved on over the last year, but that improvement is from ''really bad'' to ''fine'', not to any high level.

    I agree that Lonzo's defense is massively overrated.
    Cade Cunningham/Usman Garuba/Jaden Springer/Moses Moody/Corey Kispert endorser.

    Eye test people: analytics people watch more basketball than you do.

  2. #102
    At this point, I’m taking a wait and see approach with this front office. Talk is cheap.

  3. #103
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I actually completely disagree on this. He's a mediocre pocket passer. The area where Lonzo's passing is truly spectacular is in the full-court: he throws outlets and other long range passes with great timing, accuracy, and anticipation, and does so more regularly than all but the very best in this category (Jokic, comes to mind, as someone better for example).

    Pocket passes are something he has improved on over the last year, but that improvement is from ''really bad'' to ''fine'', not to any high level.

    I agree that Lonzo's defense is massively overrated.
    When has he ever been "really bad" at pocket passes? Your extreme bias with the Laker assets sometimes taint the credibility of some of your comments.

  4. #104
    https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1PlJQPVqODXGE?s=09 At the 11 minute mark. SVG says he saw Zion as a post up player at the beginning of the season. A complete contradiction to the lie that Griffin told about SVG seeing point Zion in the interview. Can't trust nothing Griff says at this point.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    At this point, I’m taking a wait and see approach with this front office. Talk is cheap.
    Year 3 upcoming. How much longer will you wait?

  6. #106
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,022
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Does Lonzo really want to be here?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    When has he ever been "really bad" at pocket passes? Your extreme bias with the Laker assets sometimes taint the credibility of some of your comments.
    Not getting into a debate about it. You want to think Lonzo Ball has always been a wizard with the pocket passes, you feel free to do so.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1PlJQPVqODXGE?s=09 At the 11 minute mark. SVG says he saw Zion as a post up player at the beginning of the season. A complete contradiction to the lie that Griffin told about SVG seeing point Zion in the interview. Can't trust nothing Griff says at this point.
    He was taking about what they asked him to do last year. ie He came into the year only being developed as a post guy.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I actually completely disagree on this. He's a mediocre pocket passer. The area where Lonzo's passing is truly spectacular is in the full-court: he throws outlets and other long range passes with great timing, accuracy, and anticipation, and does so more regularly than all but the very best in this category (Jokic, comes to mind, as someone better for example).

    Pocket passes are something he has improved on over the last year, but that improvement is from ''really bad'' to ''fine'', not to any high level.

    I agree that Lonzo's defense is massively overrated.
    Well, I don't consider full court basketball to be real basketball. It's why I completely ignore that skill for him.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Year 3 upcoming. How much longer will you wait?
    Well, considering both CP3 and AD made the postseason in their 3rd year, I’m willing to see if Zion can do the same.

  11. #111
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    When has he ever been "really bad" at pocket passes? Your extreme bias with the Laker assets sometimes taint the credibility of some of your comments.
    Didn't you know Julius Randle would never sustain his early season success for an entire season?
    Disclaimer: I would never denigrate or defame Zion Williamson as a man or as a basketball player; he will go down as an NBA great and perhaps a Top 10+ player of all time. Any inference derived from any of my posts to the contrary is your mischaracterization of my words, or a sign of insecurity on your part (perhaps both).

    Respectfully,

    AISI

  12. #112
    I have a bad feeling Billy won't be back next year. He's shown he's too good for a third string centre

  13. #113
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    6,238

  14. #114
    This is one of the most irrational takes of Lonzo I've found on YouTube



    4:45 "He's not quite there yet, but he's approaching LeBron and Jokic level of passing."


  15. #115
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I have a bad feeling Billy won't be back next year. He's shown he's too good for a third string centre

    dude start and bring a double/double to the game....comes in the game and stabilize the 5 position...i enjoyed watching him play for us this season....

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Well, considering both CP3 and AD made the postseason in their 3rd year, I?m willing to see if Zion can do the same.
    So Zion is gone by year 7 then?

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Notice he said would and not will.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So Zion is gone by year 7 then?
    Probably

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Notice he said would and not will.
    He’s basically saying he would be happy if we match whatever offer he gets. He has great friends here, so he has incentive to stay. I also think he likes being out of the spotlight. But money talks. Curious to see who offers him the silly money

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Probably
    I’ll be honest. If they aren’t winning by year 7, I don’t think Zion will have mattered.

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post


    You can watch the full Ingram interview there. The feeling I got was that he was being very complimentary, but he also added, "I'm hoping those guys can be with us next year (Lonzo and Hart), but I'm also hoping they make a lot of money to feed their family.
    It's like people don't understand these are media comments. What is he going to say? "Yeah they are good guys but I hope they find another team."

    These interviews are pretty much not even worth watching.

    See here...enjoy.


  22. #122
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,592
    NON-LONZO FREE AGENTS

    1. To James Johnson or not to James Johnson?

    -----Not at 15.8MM (<5MM or walk).

    2. To Willy G'Gomez or not to Willy H'Gomez

    -----Sure, at 1.74MM to 3.5MM, but it probably won't be enough

    3. Excercise club option for Wenyen Gabriel at 1.762MM?

    -----Yes

    4. To James Nunnally or not to James Nunnally?

    -----No

    5. To Josh Hart or not to Josh Hart?

    -----At 10MM or less, yes; probably won't be enough

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's like people don't understand these are media comments. What is he going to say? "Yeah they are good guys but I hope they find another team."
    Of course they're media comment, but there's a difference between ''Lonzo and I are great friends and we love playing together, I hope he's able to work something out to come back to the team'' and ''Lonzo is a generational talent, I hope he stays, I know he's going to do what's right for him but I would love for him to stay with the team''.

    The latter is laying it on a little thick. I don't imagine it's a game changing thing, I don't for a second believe Zion is telling Griff that if we don't retain Lonzo he's gone or anything on that level, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zion or Ingram (or both) have expressed a desire to Griff for retaining Lonzo, and to think that sort of thing doesn't influence a front office at all is kind of silly.

    If Griff had his mind firmly set on not paying above $16m a year for Lonzo, these comments don't make him suddenly decide to offer a max. But if Griff was already pondering how much he's willing to pay for Lonzo, maybe not sure if $20m or $25m a year is the ceiling, these comments might influence him to edge on the higher side of that if nothing else comes up. Which would be a big mistake imo.

    And remember, this is Griff; he famously handed out weirdly oversized ''friends of the stars get paid'' contracts in Cleveland to the likes of JR Smith and Tristan Thompson.

  24. #124
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,820
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's like people don't understand these are media comments. What is he going to say? "Yeah they are good guys but I hope they find another team."

    These interviews are pretty much not even worth watching.

    See here...enjoy.

    Did PG13 just say "vica verse' as apposed to vice versa - 1:21?

  25. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Did PG13 just say "vica verse' as apposed to vice versa - 1:21?
    Nah, kind of strangely both pronunciations (with a voiced ''e'' in ''vice'' and without) are used and are valid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 20 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 16 guests)

  1. Darkhorse985,
  2. Fedupfan,
  3. MichaelMcNamara,
  4. superstar7th

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •