Pelicans Report

Page 35 of 157 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Off season thread

I would trade Ingram in an instant if we could get back a really good scorer and a proper 3 and D wing

If neither Ingram or Zion care about defense at the 3/4, that's a real problem

Ingram + Kira + picks for Dame and RoCo somehow

You dont trade Ingram now for two 50 cent pieces. He is the chip you trade eventually for the major upgrade.

If Lillard were available, you would have a better chance getting him with Ingram as the centerpiece than if you had that scorer and 3-and-D guy you are talking about.

While those guys might help you win more regular season games next year (I emphasize might), they dont get you closer to landing the major piece. You keep Ingram until that day comes, and who knows, maybe he develops in areas that compliment Zion
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Including Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If Lillard were available, you would have a better chance getting him with Ingram as the centerpiece than if you had that scorer and 3-and-D guy you are talking about.
    That was in the heart of the trade I proposed

Ingram + various pieces for Dame + RoCo

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Including Zion?
    Probably not him but at this rate he may leave on his own when he can unless there is dramatic change. Like Phoenix Suns quick change.

Probably not him but at this rate he may leave on his own when he can unless there is dramatic change. Like Phoenix Suns quick change.
    Everyone should have a price...EVERYONE!!! In the end, his best value to the Pelicans will probably be as a trading chip, IMO.

BTW: Phoenix was not a quick change contrary to your diatribe. The core has been around for four years or longer (Booker - 6 Years, Ayton - 4 years, Bridges - 4 years).

Everyone should have a price...EVERYONE!!! In the end, his best value to the Pelicans will probably be as a trading chip, IMO.

BTW: Phoenix was not a quick change contrary to your diatribe. The core has been around for four years or longer (Booker - 6 Years, Ayton - 4 years, Bridges - 4 years).
    2 years under GM . First time EVER A TEAM THAT DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS LAST SEASON have made Finals this season.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...e-phoenix-suns

Hell look at Atlanta Hawks have done once they CHANGED COACH

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You dont trade Ingram now for two 50 cent pieces. He is the chip you trade eventually for the major upgrade.

While those guys might help you win more regular season games next year (I emphasize might), they dont get you closer to landing the major piece. You keep Ingram until that day comes, and who knows, maybe he develops in areas that compliment Zion
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Agreed
    Apparently no one can comprehend?

I literally said Ingram and filler for Dame and RoCo

If we didn't have to give up NAW and Jax, that would be fantastic

I'm guessing Portland would start with Ingram, NAW and Jax and various 1sts

I could live with Ingram and NAW and 10 going out
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-01-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Ingram wallpaper removed off pelicans.com ? Well at least they have new Zion wallpaper

Ingram wallpaper removed off pelicans.com ? Well at least they have new Zion wallpaper
    Wat

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

If you go back and read your post I think you will see where the confusion lies. The top part seems like you are saying two.role players would be nice and then you also would be happy with a bigger Lillard package as well

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    First time EVER A TEAM THAT DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS LAST SEASON have made Finals this season.
    What about the Lakers just last season???

Edit: They mention that, as well as the Celtics in 2007, and there are probably several other examples.

No I am saying I agree with his logic, wasn’t saying I did not understand or agree with yours. I don’t think you’re comprehending me. And I say that respectfully

Dame and RoCo would be fantastic, both would fit around Zion extremely well, especially RoCo for the types of players I want around Zion

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    What about the Lakers just last season???

Edit: They mention that, as well as the Celtics in 2007, and there are probably several other examples.
    DavisGate thanks for reminding me. Lebron now recruiting Dame. Now on that note If you want to use the 10 year plan look at them(Suns) now look at us(Pelicans). One is going to the Finals the other may lose its 3rd hall of famer in 10 years.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-01-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    DavisGate thanks for reminding me. Lebron now recruiting Dame. Now on that note If you want to use the 10 year plan look at them(Suns) now look at us(Pelicans). One is going to the Finals the other may lose its 3rd hall of famer in 10 years.

Seems like sound logic. So, if the FO listens to you we'll go to the finals next year. If not, the Pelicans may lose their 3rd HOF player in 10 years. Also they better hurry up and lose Zion because Chris Paul last wore a Hornets jersey in 2011.

3 years for bridges and Ayton. 13-3 for some reason gives James Jones credit for drafting Bridges even though by that point he'd been a non GM executive for all of like 2 days.

Phx definitely has been a mixed bag. Monty, Cam Johnson and Payne were good moves

CP chose PHX and recruited crowder so you cant give much credit there

They got bad value for Warren, but def an argument to be made for addition by subtraction

Dario signing was not so hot

Jalen Smith over Halibuton is yikes and is only going to look worse as time goes on. He was the perfect fit there too.

Definitely an above average record. But the core of the roster has nothing to do with James Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    3 years for bridges and Ayton. 13-3 for some reason gives James Jones credit for drafting Bridges even though by that point he'd been a non GM executive for all of like 2 days.

Phx definitely has been a mixed bag. Monty, Cam Johnson and Payne were good moves

They got bad value for Warren, but def an argument to be made for addition by subtraction

Jalen Smith over Halibuton is yikes and is only going to look worse as time goes on. He was the perfect fit there too.

Definitely an above average record. But the core of the roster has nothing to do with James Jones.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

https://www.nba.com/news/phoenix-sun...executive-year

Again if you want to use the 5 to 10 year thing look at them. NOW LOOK AT US. ONE IS IN THE FINALS THE OTHER IS ABOUT TO LOSE ITS 3rd hall of famer in 10 years.

Need to strike gold this season.

Don’t want to give Jones credit oh wait lol it gets even better

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...s-front-office

https://arizonasports.com/story/1904...ll-operations/

You’re boy Bowers is going to Finals

Another way to look at it we had the tools and we kicked it to the curb. Yes Dell Demps was much to blame.

Thread Information