Pelicans Report

Page 126 of 157 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Elfrid Payton would be good insurance depth at PG

Edit: Nvm signed with the Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    There is always the chance that getting out of Chicago would help snap him out of whatever rut he's in and get him developing again. My question is just how many resources and how much time are you willing to invest in the offchance that that's the case? Personally, not very much.
    I dunno. And again, I should probably research Sato and Lauri more before adding too much. But Zion should eventually become a defensive beast. If Lauri could become even serviceable at defense and ball movement on offense, his shooting would be amazing rotationally next to Zion. So if all other moves this offseason have dried up, I'd throw a very short offer at him. Nothing long term.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I know it's a miniscule chance but wouldn't it be great if Kahwi signed w/ us. Maybe that's why we're taking our time, he hasn't signed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I know it's a miniscule chance but wouldn't it be great if Kahwi signed w/ us. Maybe that's why we're taking our time, he hasn't signed yet.
    he just signed with clips

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    he just signed with clips
    Oh well. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I wouldn't give him that much. He's not on Bertans level as a shooter. Zach Collins got 3/22 and he's barely played. So somewhere between Bertans and Collins
    Bertans got 5 years/$80 million. If it a S&T, has to be 3 years. So 3 years/$42 million (can hope for 3rd year to be team option, which would make it realistically about 2 years/$28 million) is not terrible. Certainly would love less, but would guess he would be a Spur if that was the case. Would not get into a bidding war.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would certainly not use any more 1sts. A couple of 2nds is about it. I would not want to invest more than something like 3 years / $42-$45 million at most. Hopefully this late in free agency, that may be doable.
    Well, the problem with that... We already gave up a 1st for a 6th man. So, why would anyone deal with us for anything for less? They probably view that they can get a better haul at the deadline for Hield. Which they probably could...

The Hornets are trying to get Lauri.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well, the problem with that... We already gave up a 1st for a 6th man. So, why would anyone deal with us for anything for less? They probably view that they can get a better haul at the deadline for Hield. Which they probably could...
    I think Griff sees Graham as the starting PG. At this point at least.

The Hornets are trying to get Lauri.
    Saw that, but they have since signed Oubre. Not sure if they are still pursuing Lauri or not.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I will admit that I am as optimistic as anyone around here, but common sense is still telling me that there is a reason the Memphis trade hasn't been finalized yet.... good, bad, or indifferent....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I wonder if Grizz plan on being big FA player next year and being a lottery team this upcoming season. They been quietly building through the draft.

Bertans got 5 years/$80 million. If it a S&T, has to be 3 years. So 3 years/$42 million (can hope for 3rd year to be team option, which would make it realistically about 2 years/$28 million) is not terrible. Certainly would love less, but would guess he would be a Spur if that was the case. Would not get into a bidding war.
    I'd be good with 3/30 with a TO. I'll consider anything else an overpay for our specific needs and the role I see Lauri playing

I'd be good with 3/30 with a TO. I'll consider anything else an overpay for our specific needs and the role I see Lauri playing
    THIS His QO just above 9 mil

I think Griff sees Graham as the starting PG. At this point at least.
    So do I. If you look at his tape prior to LaMello arriving, he was a very good shooter/facilitator who took care of the ball and wasn't afraid to make a play or take a shot in late-game situations. If our starting back court was Graham and NAW I'd be content to try it out as I think they compliment each other well. Obviously, Graham presents some challenges on the defensive side at his size, but he's a try-hard guy with pretty good feet and a decent wingspan so I think it's something you can work with...

Cannot see any reason he would have waiting for that. He would have been signed by now. He would be better off signing his QO and going back into free agency next season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Whatever we do, I just don't want to trade Kira.

Cannot see any reason he would have waiting for that. He would have been signed by now. He would be better off signing his QO and going back into free agency next season.
    Sometimes waiting doesn't work. It really doesn't matter what he was waiting on considering FA money is dried up. Like the Pels and Lonzo, Lauri and the Bulls relationship is broken. He will not sign his QO. If he doesnt want 3/30, no skin off my a**. He can sign somewhere else

It's just weird, the Memphis trade not finalized
    No word on Josh Hart
    We haven't done anything w/ the MLE
    Strange, right? What is Griff waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Whatever we do, I just don't want to trade Kira.
    Yeah, I'm excited to see what Kira, Naw and Jaxson does this year for us. Maybe more so than Zion. Lol. I guess b/c I know what he can do.

It's just weird, the Memphis trade not finalized
    No word on Josh Hart
    We haven't done anything w/ the MLE
    Strange, right? What is Griff waiting for?
    For all we know Hart and Lauri could be negotiating contracts and holding everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    For all we know Hart and Lauri could be negotiating contracts and holding everything up.
    Could be. Just strange to me. It's just surprisingly quiet. We've had plenty of leaks before and now nothing.

Sometimes waiting doesn't work. It really doesn't matter what he was waiting on considering FA money is dried up. Like the Pels and Lonzo, Lauri and the Bulls relationship is broken. He will not sign his QO. If he doesnt want 3/30, no skin off my a**. He can sign somewhere else
    If that is all it takes, he will sign elsewhere easily. That is basically MLE.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm excited to see what Kira, Naw and Jaxson does this year for us. Maybe more so than Zion. Lol. I guess b/c I know what he can do.
    Kira just has something special about him. You watch him move around on the court, and you see an NBA player. He looks like he belongs, and he's only going to get better.

Could be. Just strange to me. It's just surprisingly quiet. We've had plenty of leaks before and now nothing.
    Leaks are what probably got us in this position because we look like a team players want to stay away from. I?m ok with no leaks. The FO probably got fed up seeing the leaks of all of the contracts we offered and were turned down. Usually that stuff leaks but not until later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information