.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 104 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3797

Thread: Pels Off season thread

  1. #2576
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    sign and trade hart and santo for sexton? ummm ok
    More salaries would need to go out. I'd say Sexton and Nance or just Kevin Love. Griff is looking at expiring assets.

  2. #2577
    Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post


    Not sure who the Pelicans would be getting in return in a potential S&T.
    No chance this involves Sexton right?

    But more realistically if we do go ahead with a Cavs S&T for Hart I would be hoping for Nance in return.

  3. #2578
    Anything involving Sexton has to go with Love too

  4. #2579
    Love is $31M this season, $29M next season, and then a UFA?

    Some of you have never spent a magical platonic night being serenaded by your Alchemist quoting, piano playing, hipster boss and it shows.

  5. #2580
    Sexton seems kinda selfish. We don't really need a hot head on the team esp for a first year head coach trying to get everyone on the same page.
    Don't want Love either b/c we'll need a back up for him since he stays hurt.

    Nance would be nice here tho.

  6. #2581
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There was another deal worked out for Graham and then an opportunity came up and we switched it to a protected 1st. Like I keep saying, lets let the whole thing play out and evaluate as a while. I expect Hart and Sato out and a starter plus 2-3 good reserves in over the next few days. Then we can all give our opinions as a whole
    Hopefully with this Hart news we can get a clearer picture really interested in who there targeting.

  7. #2582
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    22,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh_ View Post
    No chance this involves Sexton right?

    But more realistically if we do go ahead with a Cavs S&T for Hart I would be hoping for Nance in return.
    Would love Sexton, but Nance is a more realistic target. More likely something like Kabengele and a 2nd.

  8. #2583
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Is this an actual trade or just a hypothetical?
    Actual trade. It happened yesterday. Where you been bruh?

  9. #2584



    Doesn't work at the moment cause of the Satoransky issue above, but it's a framework. Maybe there would be a clever way for it to work. Cavs dump bad salary in Love and don't have to deal with Sexton's next contract. They also pick up Hart and a top 10 protected first via Milwaukee. Pelicans get Nance and Sexton and hope Love can do something.



    Valanciunas / Hayes / Hernangomez
    Zion / Nance / Love
    Ingram / Naji / Didi / Jones
    NAW / Murphy
    Sexton / Graham / Kira
    Last edited by donato; 08-03-2021 at 11:58 PM.

  10. #2585
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Love is $31M this season, $29M next season, and then a UFA?
    The argument could be made that the $29m expiring next year is semi-valuable. But yeah right now it's a terrible contract. Even worse than Kemba based on the production of both players recently.

  11. #2586
    THINK Contributor redrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Old Metairie
    Posts
    778
    This is what the NBA has come to,
    teams like New Orleans, Utah, OKC, Cleveland, Charlotte, the Kings, Memphis, Indiana, Minnesota, the Spurs and then some,
    they are just trying everything to be able to compete with the teams that get anyone they want for almost free.
    These teams are trying to work trades with each other, with everything at stake on every move just to try to keep up. One mistake your done and fired.
    Even when you get it right like # 1 seed Utah, you lose and it becomes financially unsustainable or you need to improve somehow.
    These are the teams the Pels are trying to trade with, it will never be easy, for any of these teams!
    Last edited by redrum; 08-04-2021 at 12:07 AM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

  12. #2587
    At this point.... I gotta agree with Mac. With this ********ake going on with these super teams... I don't think we'll ever win. championship or come close. But being hella competitive and playing hard attracting crowds should be our best bet. So I'm all aboard the Sexton trade if it's there. The fit is terrible but if it nets us a competitive fiery team that makes a 5th seed and gets put out in the second round. I mean... I'm with it at this point.

  13. #2588
    Haven't read all the messages on this board, but did we have to sign Temple for 3yrs? He's a good vet to have but weird to sign him to a 3 yr deal worth 15 mil

  14. #2589
    Dean wade could be a guy we could pursue from the Cavs with Hart. He fills a backup 4 need.

  15. #2590
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    This is what the NBA has come to,
    teams like New Orleans, Utah, OKC, Cleveland, Charlotte, the Kings, Memphis, Indiana, Minnesota, the Spurs and then some,
    they are just trying everything to be able to compete with the teams that get anyone they want for almost free.
    These teams are trying to work trades with each other, with everything at stake on every move just to try to keep up. One mistake your done and fired.
    Even when you get it right like # 1 seed Utah, you lose and it becomes financially unsustainable or you need to improve somehow.
    These are the teams the Pels are trying to trade with, it will never be easy, for any of these teams!
    That?s why we hopefully bank on NAW, Lewis, and Hayes. Dude we have Zion, Ingram, and JV as an expiring. Top that off with a solid draft class and a shot creator in Graham. We are far better off than most other small market teams.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #2591
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Haven't read all the messages on this board, but did we have to sign Temple for 3yrs? He's a good vet to have but weird to sign him to a 3 yr deal worth 15 mil
    Trade exception


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #2592
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Haven't read all the messages on this board, but did we have to sign Temple for 3yrs? He's a good vet to have but weird to sign him to a 3 yr deal worth 15 mil
    Two years guaranteed.

  18. #2593
    THINK Contributor redrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Old Metairie
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    At this point.... I gotta agree with Mac. With this ********ake going on with these super teams... I don't think we'll ever win. championship or come close. But being hella competitive and playing hard attracting crowds should be our best bet. So I'm all aboard the Sexton trade if it's there. The fit is terrible but if it nets us a competitive fiery team that makes a 5th seed and gets put out in the second round. I mean... I'm with it at this point.
    You never know, everything just broke perfectly for the Bucks (and the Suns), it can happen, but you need to be really lucky. Kyrie doesn't twist an ankle, everything probably happens differently.
    That said, you need to be ready for that moment when super teams become vulnerable!

    PS. Free Agency is only 24ish hours old!
    Last edited by redrum; 08-04-2021 at 12:46 AM.

  19. #2594
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post



    Doesn't work at the moment cause of the Satoransky issue above, but it's a framework. Maybe there would be a clever way for it to work. Cavs dump bad salary in Love and don't have to deal with Sexton's next contract. They also pick up Hart and a top 10 protected first via Milwaukee. Pelicans get Nance and Sexton and hope Love can do something.



    Valanciunas / Hayes / Hernangomez
    Zion / Nance / Love
    Ingram / Naji / Didi / Jones
    NAW / Murphy
    Sexton / Graham / Kira
    Don't they want Kira to come off the bench.
    Maybe Graham plays SG behind NAW (if we get Sexton)

  20. #2595
    It is a good thing this team doesn't have many roster spots open if any. I can't imagine the Pelicans having to fill multiple spots on the roster this year.

  21. #2596
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    You never know, everything just broke perfectly for the Bucks (and the Suns), it can happen, but you need to be really lucky. Kyrie doesn't twist an ankle, everything probably happens differently.
    That said, you need to be ready for that moment when super teams become vulnerable!
    I think when LeBron retires it's done. He brought it and it will leave w/ him.

  22. #2597
    Maybe the nba needs to put a rule in place where a player HAS to go to the team that offers him the most money. End the super teams

  23. #2598
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Sexton seems kinda selfish. We don't really need a hot head on the team esp for a first year head coach trying to get everyone on the same page.
    Don't want Love either b/c we'll need a back up for him since he stays hurt.

    Nance would be nice here tho.
    But Love would be the back up lol.


    But seriously... I forgot how much Love fell off since LeBron left. Ugly.

  24. #2599
    Did my monthly "Can Nikola Mirotić return to the NBA" Google search... Never understood why we traded him. Was that Dell Demps final move?

  25. #2600
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    But Love would be the back up lol.


    But seriously... I forgot how much Love fell off since LeBron left. Ugly.
    I know. Lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 12 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 12 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •