Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: May 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 30-37

Or he wanted to be a Knick from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Griffin has done a lot of good and some bad too

DeAndre for Jax and NAW looks good now. As does the AD trade and the Jrue trade

He does come across a bit slimey, but I don't think he's a pure snake oil salesman. It could have been worse

I don't know, man..

If we traded Jrue and AD day one.. Committed to getting talent.

NAW, Hayes. KIRA, AND ETC seems nice.

Instead for Hunter or Garland, The Actual Good Ball or Patrick Williams , and possibly get Mobley or Green in this year draft.

I'm sorry, but Griffin royally botched this rebuild and really having a hard time arguing it. We was 6-26 last year and Griffin refused to pull the plug. These aren't even hindsight moves. It's just pure arrogance on David's part and his evaluation of this team.

I’m going to give it it’s on thread since Mac seems to be right here.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Or he wanted to be a Knick from the start.
    or not

Not being sarcastic here - genuinely curious: Lets say there was somebody who genuinely new things and some/many of the things they knew wouldnt be enjoyable for you to hear. Like, I know some of you dont trust a word I say and a few of you know my sources so you know they are legit. Whatever. But take someone you trust, whether its Lopez or Kush or Clark, whoever. Lets say they knew these things from multiple camps and knew where they were heading: How would you want them to tell you? Or would you not want them to tell you so you could live in bliss? And/or if they told you, and you are being honest, would you be a selective listener and say things like, "Well, Lopez isnt always right - remember the time he said X and Y happened?"

Genuinely curious, because I am a firm believer that bias makes the rational, irrational. Or do you think I am wrong and you would be open and would believe the negative if it jsut came in a different manner and/or source?
    @mcnamara247

Cheers for the insight. Surely the minutes restriction came as a directive from Aaron Nelson?
    I always understood that to be the case and that this kind of input was a big reason why they brought Nelson over from Phoenix. Zion was also coming off his second knee injury in a year. Seemed reasonable precautions. Others have noted that perhaps Zion was just generally unhappy and frustrated with how his career started off.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Genuinely curious, because I am a firm believer that bias makes the rational, irrational. Or do you think I am wrong and you would be open and would believe the negative if it jsut came in a different manner and/or source?
    Of course it's selective listening and bias.

AS AN EXAMPLE

It's just like what's happening at the southern border right now. Suppose Biden is your man and he tells you everything is going well down there. No matter how much audio, print, and video evidence to the contrary is offered to you from FOX or other right-leaning news source, you'll dismiss it because you don't like the messenger and it goes against your belief in your guy. **

**This should not be construed as a political statement. It's only an example of how bias plays a role when a narrative doesn't agree with one's personal bias.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Not being sarcastic here - genuinely curious: Lets say there was somebody who genuinely new things and some/many of the things they knew wouldnt be enjoyable for you to hear. Like, I know some of you dont trust a word I say and a few of you know my sources so you know they are legit. Whatever. But take someone you trust, whether its Lopez or Kush or Clark, whoever. Lets say they knew these things from multiple camps and knew where they were heading: How would you want them to tell you? Or would you not want them to tell you so you could live in bliss? And/or if they told you, and you are being honest, would you be a selective listener and say things like, "Well, Lopez isnt always right - remember the time he said X and Y happened?"

Sapere Aude!

Kidding, for my part I always want to know, good, bad or otherwise. I think whenever you pick up things, you have to weigh out how real or significant they are. One example from our discussions here. A few years ago an old friend was representing a Pels player (not a big name guy) in a lawsuit. For a like a year he was telling me how this player was unhappy and wasn't going to stay with the Pels when his contract was up. I never posted about it because it seemed at least somewhat sensitive at the time. Well, you know the rest. The guy ended up re-signing with the Pels! Asked my friend about it. Said the guy just changed his mind. So did I really know anything? I'm sure my buddy was being straight with me, it just turned out not to be that significant. Things changed.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    FWIW, the version I heard was that Zion and his folks were genuinely frosted by the whole minutes restriction thing his rookie year into the bubble, kind of feeling like the team was holding him back, dimming his star and maybe even patronizing some in his camp. In short they found Griff's act a bit overbearing. I also heard things were better after the bubble and the family appreciated the organization's discretion when Z was out of action on that private matter (never heard what it was for sure). That was all a while back and haven't heard anything new about it one way or another since before this season started. Keep in mind this came from people connected to Pels management (though not Griffin).
    I certainly got the impression that Zion was frustrated with it. Of course if they brought Zion back in without minutes restrictions and he got reinjured his people would probably have been even more pissed at the Pels. It was kind of a no win situation. If they had a coach that had any sense of load management maybe Griffin wouldn't have been as involved. But Alvin had been ridiculing the whole concept of load management even after Cousin's injury. My guess is the medical staff was really concerned with Zion's weight and overplaying him too much.

This forum is absolutely insane. It's like 9th grade high school or a porch full of old hens gossiping

Nobody asks for proof of anything. Just roll with the insanity. Anybody who calls it what it really is...just a "non-objective fan". ******* insane.

Hey I heard the organization found out Zion is really an alien hell bent on harvesting all of us for food, so they won't extend him anyway.

So don't worry about it.

At least on Saintsreport, if you keep doing this and never show any kind of proof, you get banned. Good for them.
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-10-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This forum is absolutely insane. It's like 9th grade high school or a porch full of old hens gossiping

Nobody asks for proof of anything. Just roll with the insanity. Anybody who calls it what it really is...just a "non-objective fan". ******* insane.

Hey I heard the organization found out Zion is really an alien hell bent on harvesting all of us for food, so they won't extend him anyway.

So don't worry about it.

At least on Saintsreport, if you keep doing this and never show any kind of proof, you get banned. Good for them.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This
    Basketball.

What kind of proof are you looking for? Like a sworn affidavit?

Spy cam footage preferably

Spy cam footage preferably
    LOL. I'll see what I can rig up!

So don't worry about it.

Not was SR.com does at all. What proof do you want from someone who says they heard something from someone? Up to you to choose whether to believe what someone says on an anonymous message board or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not was SR.com does at all. What proof do you want from someone who says they heard something from someone? Up to you to choose whether to believe what someone says on an anonymous message board or not.
    Exactly. For my part I don't make any claims that I've called--hypothetically--Greg Bensel, to confirm he said something to someone. I just know my source knows Greg Bensel because I've met Greg Bensel at their house. Hypothetically.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    What kind of proof are you looking for? Like a sworn affidavit?
    Exactly. If that was the criteria, no info should be shared anywhere. No insider has "proof" - the legit and non legit ones. The funny thing with fans, though is that when its something they dont want to hear, they want/need all the proof. Some whispers that they are love to hear, and the bar is much, much lower for said proof

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    They don't? So that whole "Coach Pete" saga I'm just making up out of thin air?

As far as proof I want..how about anything at all? Did anyone learn in school to cite your sources?

And if you're free to just come here and make stuff up about anything with no source whatsoever, then I'm also free to call it the bull that it is.

You can do whatever you want. Dont bother me. I just love how you think you should be the one to dictate what is viable or not. Like i said, if you wanna check on it, go ahead and DM your favorite writer or blogger and ask them. But you wont because you dont want the right information. You just want the things you want to be true to be true. And then try to chastize those who dont spout your desired realities

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Of course it's selective listening and bias.

AS AN EXAMPLE

It's just like what's happening at the southern border right now. Suppose Biden is your man and he tells you everything is going well down there. No matter how much audio, print, and video evidence to the contrary is offered to you from FOX or other right-leaning news source, you'll dismiss it because you don't like the messenger and it goes against your belief in your guy. **

**This should not be construed as a political statement. It's only an example of how bias plays a role when a narrative doesn't agree with one's personal bias.
    Kinda like how Covid went away after the election. Right?

As far as proof I want..how about anything at all? Did anyone learn in school to cite your sources?

And if you're free to just come here and make stuff up about anything with no source whatsoever, then I'm also free to call it the bull that it is.
    Why is that? You have no specific knowledge that it's made up. That's just an assumption on your part. You have no specific knowledge that there is no source. That's another assumption. And you have no specific knowledge the information is "bull." That's just another assertion.

I don't feel free at all to come here and make stuff up about anything with no source whatsoever. And you have no reason to assert that I do. Like, none. It's just your assertion. Why would anyone bother to do that? What would be the point?

It seems like what you're trying to say is if you don't know the source of the information, you just assume it's untrue and concocted. That's an odd position to take on an internet message board, which is not a hard news site or the paper of record. Publishing hard news is a different operation with different standards, as it should be. Even there just because you can' t confirm information or get independent verification doesn't mean the information is not true or made up. It means it just doesn't meet the standards for publication. I promise you reporters swap unverified information all the time that often leads to hard news. If you want, just consider this board information swapping, which is pretty much all it is.

If someone is posting all kinds of outlandish allegations or claiming super-exclusive inside information--like the Coach Pete guy did (I recall, for example, that "coach pete" claimed to know--for a fact--that the refs were paid to fix the Saints NFC championship game with the Rams), then, yes, question their sources. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. But when people are just passing on second-hand info from someone they know with access, why accuse them of fabrication? That's kind of crazy.

Like a book report?

So don't worry about it.

But why are you worried about it?

Well if one of our players really was a man eating alien hellbent on harvesting all of us that would be a little worrying, wouldn't it ?
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Y'all choose the weirdest things to get mad about man. If you don't believe it, then just move along. Rather folks believe it or not I appreciate new city champ, MM, and the legendary Rekehavoc insights, which is way more entertaining when a possible scoop can be had. If you want to believe in or not it's your choice, but let everyone cook.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information